FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Signatures on Photos for flickr, a good idea?

speeDemon
I recently added a photostream for flickr, no I don't do any professional photography, nor do I have a SLR or DSLR or such...

But anyway, I turned on the feature "License via gettyimages",
now I though that, well, let's say someone does like a picture I uploaded, then will they want to licence a picture with my name printed on the bottom? Or will they bother to contact me and ask me for the original picture, without the signature??
silverdown
well id make it a signature not the same as your REAL signature to avoid identity theft. Most photographers get a logo photo apply some opacity so it it see through a bit onto the actual photo and put it on it in the center or in the lower right corner of the image they are trying to protect. Just giving you some suggestions, would hate to see someone else go through identity theft issues, I seen it happen to a few people and it not a party for sure.
cybersa
It will useful for copyrighting your picture.
Copyright is important. Smile
pazis
I you photograph something not common and usual, add the signature. If you don't, I think you'd better not add it. People would search for alternatives!! Very Happy
kmontano
I add a watermark to all my images. Its a free way to protect against would be thieves.