FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Creating Easter Eggs

medesignz
Hey,

I am designing a site where I want to include easter eggs...

Has anyone got any tips as to how I can keep these pages from being indexed by search engines, but not hinder the performance of the website.
Robert_Redbeard
I would think it would take a simple nofolow link in the robots file. I don't know a lot about it. But That's what I would think.
Radar
Including a line in the robots.txt is the simplest way to keep it from being seen by search engines. However, if you're a tech person, and you're interested enough in a site, the robots.txt is publicly accessible and can be viewed by anyone. Looking at it would then list those pages.

If you're trying to have a small, hidden link on your home page, that is the best bet though. Few people would ever look at the robots file.
medesignz
Radar wrote:
Including a line in the robots.txt is the simplest way to keep it from being seen by search engines. However, if you're a tech person, and you're interested enough in a site, the robots.txt is publicly accessible and can be viewed by anyone. Looking at it would then list those pages.

If you're trying to have a small, hidden link on your home page, that is the best bet though. Few people would ever look at the robots file.

Yeah, I'm quite happy if they wanna have a look at the robot, they can enjoy the easter eggs Very Happy