FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

what site you buy or get game to play ?

bills4
what is the site you get newset games ?
if buy then give me cheap price site Smile
LostOverThere
There's a few. Amazon are an obvious start. They have great prices and ship pretty much world wide (although buying from Amazon UK may be cheaper for you, depending on where you live).

My personal favourites though would have to be ShopTo or Zavvi. Both are based in England, but they also both ship internationally. I prefer ShopTo, because they're usually faster and better packaged, but Zavvi is still great. Their prices are usually pretty amazing. Check them out!
weableandbob
For physical copies, I usually use Amazon. However, digital distribution is a good (in my opinion, superior) method of getting games. Then, Steam is the obvious answer, although Origin is a must if you want newer EA published games like Battlefield 3 or Mass Effect 3 when it comes out.
eclipious
STEAM! But other than that, I usually will go to a store like GameStop or BestBuy to buy the physical game because I usually either find coupons or go when they have small deals to be made.

Plus they have wide variety as well (best buy has been getting worse but it's okay still and I can browse other things like awesome HD tvs and computers even if I'm not buying them! Oh and wide selection of movies and tv shows which I love!) Very Happy
drunkenkoz
Amazon is a great place to start if you want games. I personally use the best buy website since I live near it and it's easy for me to get to. I also have a gamer membership with them which allows me to get a $10.00 for each game purchase. This helps me save money on future games.
william
weableandbob wrote:
However, digital distribution is a good (in my opinion, superior) method of getting games. Then, Steam is the obvious answer, although Origin is a must if you want newer EA published games like Battlefield 3 or Mass Effect 3 when it comes out.

I wouldn't call Steam the obvious answer anymore. Amazon Digital Downloads has been beating them in pricing for months now, and have better support.

Me, I get my physical copies from eBay for the most part. And I'll head over to other online retailers if they have a good sale. I download all of my PC games and choose from Amazon Digital Downloads, Steam, Green Man Gaming, Gamersgate, and GOG, depending on whoever has the best price.
wombatrpgs
I hardly ever buy games any more (no, not pirating, just haven't wanted any current releases for a long time) but Amazon is pretty much where I shop.
drunkenkoz
wombatrpgs wrote:
I hardly ever buy games any more (no, not pirating, just haven't wanted any current releases for a long time) but Amazon is pretty much where I shop.
Well you have a lot to look forward to this year with the more recent games being released. Games such as Diablo 3, Guild Wars 2, and Tera are going to take gamers by surprise. I can see myself spending more than $200 on games in the upcoming months.
Cosmoslayer
Steam! If you're in SEA I prefer buying them at PlayAsia.com. Smile
Dementei
I mostly buy only online games, download the rest, but the cheapest way is with CJS CD Keys: http://www.cjs-cdkeys.com/ - They will send an image of your CD Key in a very short time after purchase. I bought a Russian version of BF3 for only $20, with simple registry edits I got it to English in no time. I definitely recommend this if you are on a budget and could careless about getting a physical copy, it's also cheaper than most digital downloads. You can also like them on FB for a very slight discount, but still check 'em out Wink
watchftp
My video game playing days are way behind me. Recently, I came across this game named "cut the rope", and I am completely attached to it. This type of game works for both children and adult. Has anyone played this game?
Dementei
watchftp wrote:
My video game playing days are way behind me. Recently, I came across this game named "cut the rope", and I am completely attached to it. This type of game works for both children and adult. Has anyone played this game?

Haha yea I've played that on the iPad, pretty cool game.
wombatrpgs
watchftp wrote:

I'm interested, what's this game about?
catscratches
drunkenkoz wrote:
Games such as Diablo 3, Guild Wars 2, and Tera are going to take gamers by surprise.
I don't see how... They seem like just more of the same to me. Hardly any surprises there.
wombatrpgs
catscratches wrote:
drunkenkoz wrote:
Games such as Diablo 3, Guild Wars 2, and Tera are going to take gamers by surprise.
I don't see how... They seem like just more of the same to me. Hardly any surprises there.

I could see "surprisingly good" if there were low expectations.