FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Philippines Hit 6.9 Earthquake and New Typhoon is on the way

johans
Philippines is hit by Earthquake for 6.9 Magnitude.. so scary until now aftershock is still in progress.

Reported today:

A potential cyclone—a low-pressure area—that entered Philippine territory late Thursday may threaten areas hit by last Monday's devastating magnitude-6.9 earthquake, state weather forecasters said Friday.

Philippine Atmospheric Geophysical and Astronomical Services Administration forecaster Gener Quitlong said the low-pressure area (LPA), whose effects may be felt this weekend, may affect Visayas and Mindanao.

"Itong LPA ay malawak ang kaulapan. Within 24 hours, maaapektuhan nito ang Visayas at Mindanao... Mag-ingat tayo at maging alerto sa biglang pagbaha at pagguho ng lupa," he said in an interview on dzBB radio.

Quitlong said that as of 2 a.m., the LPA was estimated at 850 km from Southern Luzon.

For Friday, he said rain showers and thunderstorms are expected over Eastern Visayas and Northeastern Mindanao.

Luzon and Visayas may also expect rain due to the northeast monsoon, he added.

However, he said their forecast models do not indicate the LPA will intensify into a cyclone.

This news source is GMA.

Always be careful and Always Alert!!!

Have a Blessed day to all
loremar
It wasn't that strong here but I can't say in behalf of people in Western Visayas since there are already few casualties.

I was scared when people panicked on the tsunami alert. The atmosphere of people becoming irrational really freaked me out.
johans
Quote:
loremar

Hi Loremar are you from Cebu? Me also..

Very Happy
tingkagol
When the quake happened I was sitting on my office chair LIKE A BOSS.

Seriously, I ran outside.
inuyasha
It's the first time I have known a typhoon could be coming so early in February. The earth climate is getting more weird, huh~ Shocked
xikaouj
Does the '2012' is true?
We all going to die.~!
Oh yeah~
johans
xikaouj wrote:
Does the '2012' is true?
We all going to die.~!
Oh yeah~

yes its true.. and what are you talking about that we are all going to die?