FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Ask me a question...

GuidanceReader
Well, get to know who I am. Ask me any question and I'll answer it as honestly as I can...
deanhills
1. I realize you're a stay at home mom for now, but teaching wise, when you are teaching, what is your favourite subject; are you leaning more towards math and science or the arts?

2. What aspect of teaching thrills you the most, and what aspect in teaching fills you with dread?
GuidanceReader
1. I realize you're a stay at home mom for now, but teaching wise, when you are teaching, what is your favourite subject; are you leaning more towards math and science or the arts?

I have more of a mathematical/science preference. At the moment I am teaching people to read Tarot Cards.. that is fun Razz

2. What aspect of teaching thrills you the most, and what aspect in teaching fills you with dread?

Seeing the light bulb go on when the student 'gets' what I am teaching is the most rewarding component of teaching. I dislike all the politics that go behind teaching (such as all the professional development and standardisation behind the scenes) and having to deal with behaviour management. I'd love to be able to get to the nitty gritty of teaching without having to worry about what behaviour I have to control first or what standards are having to be met.
deanhills
Ha! Teaching Tarot Cards must be fun! How do you teach them .... did you do a course yourself or are you self-taught?
Ankhanu
deanhills wrote:
Ha! Teaching Tarot Cards must be fun! How do you teach them .... did you do a course yourself or are you self-taught?

There are tonnes of books on the subject, it's easy to self-teach (that's what I did)... But having someone to help you interpret the card meanings would make the process quicker/easier.
GuidanceReader
deanhills wrote:

I am self taught in the art of Tarot, but use my skills as a trained teacher to deliver the course outline and content. I have done much research using said books and internet references as stated by Ankhanu and also personal experience. I currently run my course on line, using forums and chat, but have offered an 'in person' course/tutoring.
deanhills
GuidanceReader wrote:
deanhills wrote:

I am self taught in the art of Tarot, but use my skills as a trained teacher to deliver the course outline and content. I have done much research using said books and internet references as stated by Ankhanu and also personal experience. I currently run my course on line, using forums and chat, but have offered an 'in person' course/tutoring.
What a wonderful idea for an online business! Cool
Insanity
Can you link to some tarot learning websites? I got a pack of tarot cards for my friend, but I need to teach her how to play it.
adamlimey
I am new here so I will be asking you sensible questions.
Who is the Prime Minister of Australia?
What is the cost of living like?
Are you quite wealthy?

No these questions are quite boring. I'm not really interested but I am interested in finding about the truth on Tarot?

Whats the most significant prediction you ever successfully made?
inuyasha
I'm a little bit surprised that you are a stay-at-home mom. Very Happy (I mean no offense)
I am curious why you registered this forum. Are you interested in web development? Or website management, perhaps? Very Happy
spinout
Have you ever driven drunk?

have you ever been embarrased for a long time? for what is so?
IceCreamTruck
When does it all end?

Are we really just energy condensed to a slow vibration experiencing itself subjectively?
loremar
The most forbidden question:

How old are you? Very Happy
deanhills
IceCreamTruck wrote:
When does it all end?

Are we really just energy condensed to a slow vibration experiencing itself subjectively?
Wow! That is a deep question. With great quality questions like these, I'm sure you're going to do exceptionally well in the Phil&Rel Forum. Angel
spinout
A. It doesn't end...
B. Yes!

Enough for the P&R sektion...

Q. when do you feel the most lonesome?
GuidanceReader
Insanity wrote:
Can you link to some tarot learning websites? I got a pack of tarot cards for my friend, but I need to teach her how to play it.

I teach the tarot, information can be found on my website: http://readingsbycaroline.net/courses.html

There are also a few 'free' courses that will give you basic understanding of the cards (I teach the process more than the meanings). If you search for 'Tarot course' or 'learn tarot' on Google, you'll probably find something.

adamlimey wrote:
I am new here so I will be asking you sensible questions.
Who is the Prime Minister of Australia?
What is the cost of living like?
Are you quite wealthy?

No these questions are quite boring. I'm not really interested but I am interested in finding about the truth on Tarot?

Whats the most significant prediction you ever successfully made?

Prime Minister is currently Julia Gillard
The cost of living is average... some say it's high, but I know of places where it's much higher
I don't consider myself wealthy.

I don't usually do predictions with my tarot readings. I do guidance readings, meaning I help people clarify information they already know to help them make sense of what's going on in their life. You can read more about what I offer on my website - http://readingsbycaroline.net/service.html

inuyasha wrote:
I'm a little bit surprised that you are a stay-at-home mom. (I mean no offense)
I am curious why you registered this forum. Are you interested in web development? Or website management, perhaps?

I am here so that I can get free hosting for my website Razz The forum was just a bonus. I like forums and am a member of many.

spinout wrote:
Have you ever driven drunk?

have you ever been embarrased for a long time? for what is so?

Yes, I have driven drunk once. When I was 18 and my friend died, I went to his wake and got very drunk. The group of us decided we wanted to go to our local hangout so I volunteered to drive. When I got there, we were met by a friend (who was training to be a police officer and not drunk) and he yelled at me and drove me home.

I don't get embarrassed very often and not for very long... The only time I can remember off the top of my head about being embarrassed was when I was 12 and the strap on my bra fell off and landed on the floor.

IceCreamTruck wrote:

When does it all end?

It will all end at the end of time. And yes, we probably are just energy condensed... Very Happy

loremar wrote:

How old are you?

Not for me, age is just a number. I am 34, having turned that age just over 2 weeks ago.

spinout wrote:

When I am in a room of people and no one really interacts with me.
standready
GuidanceReader wrote:
I am 34, having turned that age just over 2 weeks ago.

Well a belated Happy Birthday and many more!
IceCreamTruck
loremar wrote:

How old are you? Very Happy

I like this question. Good work!
lucascoelho
GuidanceReader wrote:

It will all end at the end of time. And yes, we probably are just energy condensed... Very Happy
spinout wrote:

When I am in a room of people and no one really interacts with me.

If you understand that we may be just energy condensed, isn't this interaction problem just a sort of tuning problem, balancing energies?
Being so, shouldn't you, pure energy, be able to reach this ideal balance with people, also pure energies, not to feel lonesome?

Also, as a teacher with math/science preference, how do you think automated intelligent systems (aka robots) would fit among condensed energy beings?
What are the ups and downs for a learning robot and for us in his/her presence in this context?
What about teaching robots?

Happy Birthday! Applause
lucascoelho
shaxi wrote:
Also, as a teacher with math/science preference, how do you think automated intelligent systems (aka robots) would fit among condensed energy beings?
What are the ups and downs for a learning robot and for us in his/her presence in this context?
yes ,it is the issue ! Rolling Eyes

Really, I didn't understand what you were implying... can you be more specific??
IceCreamTruck
shaxi wrote:
yes ,it is the issue ! Rolling Eyes

Automatonophobia - Fear of any inanimate object that represents a sentient being, eg. statues, dummies, robots, etc. Automysophobia

Do you have it? If you were asking me if I do, then the answer is no... robots are too cool, but they are nothing without us, so far. Even the smartest takes massive amounts of time to develop, and large teams. I've been following the robot they just shot up into space who now lives on the space station. They were mostly doing arm checks, last time I was watching, to measure, remotely, how the robots arms respond when controlled from earth. The eventual hope is that the robot can either be controlled by on board personnel or can operate in the event that the crew is incapacitated. We're still a long way away from robots constructing other robots on the fly, or combining to make larger, or more complex robots -- that would be robots going viral. Honestly, it would be such a vast improvement in healthcare of the average citizen if tiny robots could measure and alert medical staff of problems in advance, or even correct the problem as it's occurring utilizing extremely sophisticated and elegant nano hardware.

One of the hobbies I've always wanted to start is a live battle bot competition that I can video. Use different classes of robots, different sizes, and create categories of destructive little machines! So, I guess the answer is ... I love robots! Wow, I've never admitted that to anyone! Smile

I have another question for GuidanceReader: "Do you love robots?" lol