FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Keep the Faith

johans
"I don't know anything about luck. I've never banked on it, and I'm afraid of people who do. Luck to me is something else; hard work and realizing what is opportunity and what isn't."

Just keep in believing..
deanhills
I wonder whether it is always a case of believing in luck - more like just having a very positive attitude that things will go well. And that positive attitude manifesting itself in the appearance of good luck.

I've seen many people with much less qualifications than those they are competing with, doing better as a result of the ability to present themselves much more positive, and actually believing in that positive presentation. Perhaps the belief by those who think that they have to work hard for what they want to achieve, is also something of a self-fulfilling prophecy. Both frame works seem to work out in the end however. The one with the positive presentation however seems to make those individuals much happier than the ones who feel they have to work that much harder.
BigGeek
You know I don't have faith in much of anything these days......

I have lost my faith in good luck, and believe me nothing lucky happens to me, so I stopped believing in it a long time ago.

I agree that being positive is a great way to be, but I temper that with a realistic attitude and assessments in life. In other words, I know I can do great work, and I know I can troubleshoot difficult technical problems and get things fixed, well at least the things I have control over, I come across to everyone that knows me as confident and capable. But I am able to achieve the things in life that many can't by also being honest, and not trying to see things as I want them to be, but how they actually are.

Poly Ana was a fool, and no one likes a fake positive attitude that belittles others difficulties. Many times that is what being positive is about.

I don't believe in luck, karma, or god, and that comes from a difficult life, where the only things that have gone well, are the things I have worked hard at. I see people who have everything go there way, and have never experienced hard ship, or difficulties, and they tend to be the most arrogant, negative naive people I know. Plus those are the people that usually label me a negative Shocked
loyal
I think the saying of "hope for the best, but expect the worst" is the best attitude to take.
Dialogist
In order to keep the faith, you have to first attain faith. You'd be sure to hear this simple modal decried by those true believers who have never even tried. You know, those peasants who sing The unfulfilled millionaire's psalm? Those are ones who have never had any faith to lose. You can find them replacing it (substituting it) with 'other' faith(s) so the capacity to incredulously believe in the unseen and attractive is clearly there. The will (or sacrifice, as it where) however, is not. The self condescension of one's intellectual pride has more favourable fairy tales to entrust its individual populous to. Faith in a Christian/Judea God is often what I would regard as faith. Faith, that is, of a meaningful and objective nature, anyway. There's no luck involved. It shouldn't be conflated, confused or coagulated with serendipitous chance. To be honest I don't see how they even share sentence real estate. It's not those of faith who rely on luck. I, for example, don't personally place a lot of faith in random selections. But that's just me. If you get to the point, like a poster above did, where you're losing faith in faith itself, I suggest that you first discover/differentiate what faith actually is. Faith in a God, alternatively, like the poster above conflated with luck that he's never had (before he listed all of his blessings), is not something to be put down to personal or agency failure. Faith in a God has not been tried and found wanting. It has been found wanted and left untried.
nguyenvulong
This song may help you a bit Very Happy

johans
Nice song in there.. Very Happy