FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Postgresql vs MySQL

pruebasftpph
I use Postgresql and I think it is a good database, what do you think about Postgresql vs MySql ?
ghbyte
pruebasftpph wrote:
I use Postgresql and I think it is a good database, what do you think about Postgresql vs MySql ?

PgSQL is totally Open Source. I've heard it can be slower than MySQL, but i've used it with Serendipity without problems. It's your decision what to use, both DBs have pro's and con's.
mukesh
I like MySql so using MySql.
IceCreamTruck
MySQL is used more, is it not? In software terms this usually means that it will have more features, and new features will come faster, than other similar products such as PgSQL.

However, if PgSQL is currently serving your needs, and there is no real reason to switch, then don't. If you take any new projects live, then you can switch, but don't fix what isn't broken, and don't move to a technology that could give you a lot of problems without knowing if it will work for you.

I think you will find more jobs for MySQL programming, as I have no ever seen a job posted for PgSQL and I've looked a lot over the last year.