FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Applying for a Frihost Subdomain or for own Domain?

Brand New Guest
I'm interested in trying Frihost.com and I would really appreciate if you could help me understand how your hosting actually works, regarding domain and subdomain.
My little knowledge on internet vocabulary created some confusion in my mind.
What is the difference between (1) applying for hosting with a Frihost subdomain plus PARK my domain and (2) applying for hosting with my own domain? If I park my domain (after applying for a Frihost subdomain) will it be slower to access my site under that domain, or will it have any other drawback? (if there is no disadvantage, why so many people, including moderators, asked to switch to a domain?).
Thank you for your kindness in answering.
Bondings
Most people who change their account, just change their subdomain. It does happen that someone changes their subdomain to a domain. The only reason I can think of is that cpanel redirects wrong requests to the subdomain.

Example http://yoursite.com/directory without an ending slash will redirect to the subdomain.

But new members get DirectAdmin at the moment and this "problem" doesn't occure with that control panel, so I suggest you use a subdomain to apply and then take your time to setup your domain and files.
Brand New Guest
Thanks a lot!