FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

CLoser

splintercdo
Hey guys, made a song, what do you think about this? http://soundcloud.com/splintercdo/closer
Ankhanu
The first part of the intro has a fairly Kraftwerk feel to it.
Overall it's not a bad composition... but it left me feeling that something was missing, a second backing melody or perhaps more prominent rhythm section? I tend to like sparse compositions, but, I dunno, this felt like it needs to be less sparse, ya know?

Actually, listening to Connect, I think it may be just the mix; the pads need to come forward a little to flesh things out. As it is, they're kinda hiding in behind everything else, leaving the illusion of space, where it's actually filled. It works in Forgotten Tomorrow, with it's more atmospheric composition, though.
splintercdo
Thanks for feedback! And thanks for listening to more than one composition Wink Yes I have to get higher exp to attain more density Smile talkin lika gamah!
For me creation of these mixes are just having good time and not planning anything ahead, I just go with the flow for a few hours and make freestyle. That might be the reason for compositions being more sparse than they should be.
But this is not bad practice, it's a good way to train one of the most important things in becoming more experienced and creating more dense songs, it's a good way to learn to keep control and consistency even over very random idea.
I should sit down one time, plan exactly what I want and then execute it!
Ankhanu
splintercdo wrote:
I should sit down one time, plan exactly what I want and then execute it!

While that's a good skill set to have, don't downplay the value of spontaneous composition Smile