FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Reasons for using Gimp

eneiaslr
If you use Gimp you know that, but for everyone that didn't work with it I can tell:

Gimp is
-a free Software (Windows, Linux and Mac OS)
-a good tool to edit pictures and logos
-a lot of effects to give a better view
-a software with a lot of users around the world

But what is Gimp - Gnu Image Manipulation Program.
I recomend use of free software and avoid of use of pirate programs.
You can use good tools legally!

P.S.: Gimp is just one of a lot of free softwares, you should try it and compare with others.
Wd_removed
GIMP is far from bad. I used it for the 2 or 3 years where I couldn't afford PhotoShop. Then I discovered LimeWire and that problem was solved.

But for free Graphics software... it doesn't get any better than GIMP. www.gimp.org for a free download.

Welli
S3nd K3ys
Welliottdude wrote:
..I couldn't afford PhotoShop. Then I discovered LimeWire and that problem was solved.

Lemme guess, you still didn't 'afford' Photoshop... Rolling Eyes
Eyre
heh, i LOVE GIMP to death. Before getting it, i was thinking about "not paying for Photoshop", but it wouldnt fit on my hard drive (stupid PC), so i downloaded GIMP. I've been using it for about 4 or 5 months, and i have come to the conclusion that when i get a better PC, i will not "not pay for" Photoshop, and will stay with GIMP, because a new version will be coming out, and it will own, and i love GIMP. That was totally nerdy.
RA
I don't like how Gimp does its menus, and separates all of its windows. But generally speaking, it does what you need.
Kd527
I really like Jasc Paint Shop Pro, but it's only for windoze so I use the Gimp on Mac and Linux.
guaxa
the gimp is a great program. if you read the help files you can make good thinks. Wink
inet
gimp is good enough for many persons, but as to professional designers, photoshop may be better
quartz
Looks like im too stupid to use GIMP. It is not very intuitive.
Photoshop doing for me what I want, GIMP is doing what he wants.
Maybe newest versions are better, than version i have tested.

Im not graphics designer and editing images not often, so its easier to use Photoshop than firstly learn and then use GIMP.
Ranfaroth
RA wrote:
I don't like how Gimp does its menus, and separates all of its windows.
You can configure this.
(Example, with GIMPShop)
This will show you the power of GIMP, and explain why profesionals prefere GIMP
otiscom
I use PSP7 but downloaded Gimp.

Very good package and free.

I've used it for weeks now and am very satisfied.

ocalhoun
It's free and almost as good as photoshop!
I use nothing but gimp (ever since I lost my free access to photoshop).
If I could afford photoshop, I wouldn't buy it. It's not worth it for just a few more features.
Eyre
^agreed Very Happy ^
ammonkc
its FREE!!!! and the only other option as far as I'm concerned is Photoshop, which is really expensive. GIMP has a version called GIMPShop that some one put together with an interface that mirrors photoshop. so if you're used to using photoshop try GIMPshop. I use photoshop mostly, but I'm gonna try GIMP out to see how the opensource fairs against Adobe.
win66
eneiaslr wrote:
If you use Gimp you know that, but for everyone that didn't work with it I can tell:

Gimp is
-a free Software (Windows, Linux and Mac OS)
-a good tool to edit pictures and logos
-a lot of effects to give a better view
-a software with a lot of users around the world

But what is Gimp - Gnu Image Manipulation Program.
I recomend use of free software and avoid of use of pirate programs.
You can use good tools legally!

P.S.: Gimp is just one of a lot of free softwares, you should try it and compare with others.

Gimp is a good software.But not anyone want to use because many funtion for fun is not support buy Gimp
thugsta
Does anyone know where i can download GIMP and the corrosponding GTK Runtime environment that i need
ammonkc
try www.gimp.org to download GIMP

and try www.gtk.org for the runtime environment.

if you just google gimp or gimpshop you should find lots of resources on the web.
mars
I use it ,only it is free.
if all is free, i maybe choose photoshop
zima
I think GIMP is a great program, I used it under linux and windows and it's great... the new version looks like it's gonna really make the gimp compete with photoshop and paintshop, which anyway cost hundreds dollars each...
The 2.4 is finally gonna add the CMYK support, which was one of the main features missing compared to the commercial programs.