FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Nails and health

menino
I found this interesting link about nails :-
http://www.medicinenet.com/nail_health_pictures_slideshow/article.htm

It shows the signs of nails to various health ailments and conditions.
I have terrible nails, since I bite at them regularly, but am tryign to control it.
I guess I have OCD Confused .

Perhaps the link will be useful to a lot of you. Hope you like it.
TheGremlyn
I've been terrible with my nails all my life. I bite them out of nervousness and stress and its become quite the habit. But the past 2 weeks I haven't touched them since my boyfriend and I took a trip to a drug store and found a nail polish called STOP! It goes on clear and it tastes terrible! It's supposed to deter you from trying to bite them because they taste bad.

The next problem I have to deal with is the length of my nails. Since I've bitten them off all the time I'm really not used t the length. I'm also afraid of how they will turn out. My sister has really nice nails but my mom's are terrible, they just don't look right at all.
Peterssidan
The picture of the gnawed nails looks dry and terrible. I bite on my nails but they don't look as terrible as that! When I was younger I used my nails to pull off parts of my nails instead of with my mouth. Nowadays I mostly bite except on my toe nails. I must say I prefer biting because it doesn't hurt as much. I also bite my skin on my index fingers. I never think about it and I can't remember when I last bite on my nails but by looking at them I understand that it wasn't too long ago, maybe (probably?) today.