FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

What Is Your Favorite Season??

faten
Everyone has a favorite season, my favorite is Fall.. because its not to hot or cold, just right.
deanhills
I like both fall and spring. Spring is usually "good news" after months of being cooped up in the cold and wearing layers of clothing. Fall is when most of the tourists have gone home.
standready
It has been a while since this topic was last posted and I have not changed my mind - Spring, as that is the season of rebirth for plants (and other things).
Sloane
HI dear,

My favorite season is spring season. It is also called season of flowers and happiness.
I always enjoys this season and go out for a tour in this season.
I think everybody enjoy this season.
_AVG_
I guess Fall and Spring should be on my list (since they sort of "avoid the extremes"). Nevertheless, climate-wise a tropical climate is the most "chilled" if you know what I mean.

Nevertheless, seasons shouldn't only be judged by their climate ... so I'm going to say, to add it all up, the spring is the best (since the sights of nature are aesthetically appealing during this time - and well, it does have a good climate as well Very Happy ; besides, there's always something "new" in the air at spring)
Hello_World
I don't like winter. Hard to pick between the other three, but I will go with summer.

Summer may well be hot, but for the best 5 weeks you can swim at a beach and the rest of it go to work in airconditioning, then when you finish it is still hot and everyone is out walking about in the evenings, just beautiful.

Autumn and spring are probably the most comfortable months.
abhizz
Spring is the best season of mine! comfortable also
rjraaz
Summer is my favorite season. We do not need put on extra cloths.
pastpapers
My favorite season in Spring Season.
tpolis
My favourite season is Winter.
lovescience
It's hard to choose between Spring and Fall. I like Spring because I like to see some plants flower. The weather usually is nice. Not so hot as Summer.

In Fall, the weather is nicer too. Not so cold as Winter.

So I think my favorite season is Spring.
Vanilla
We don't really have seasons here in Brazil. To be fair, we got the rainy season and the dry season. Yet I have to say that I love the fall because we got dry and hot weather. Very Happy
Blaster
By far my favorite season has to be spring. For a number of reasons. 1st off my birthday is in April. Also it is a time when you can open up the windows and let the nice spring breeze into the house. You can start to wear short sleeve shirts and shorts again. It also leads to knowing summer is around the corner. The summer means the beach, the pool, no school, bon fires, friends, drinks.
mukesh
My favorite season is spring.
Chellesei
My favorite seasons are spring and autumn. Very Happy
I like winter but the only thing I like about that is the snow. xD lol.
mamatha
winter is my favorite season.
foumy6
I like summer mostly for the reason that Im out of school Very Happy
Marcuzzo
I prefer summer or spring because they are warmer then the winter and autumn.
but here in Belgium we ofter have 4 seasons in 1 day Crying or Very sad
Last spring was amasing, 30 and even up to 35 which is extremely warm for spring, hell, even for summer that would be warm.
but the summer that followed was horrible, rain and more rain.
Cosmoslayer
I love winter! I hate summer, I'm getting rashes every time there is extreme heat! Evil or Very Mad
william
Summer, easily. While it does often get irritatingly warm in the afternoon, the weather is fantastic towards sunset (and that's when I mostly enjoy being outside). The longer days also allow me to do more productive things and for the most part enjoy myself.

Second would either be winter or fall. Can't say I have any problem with either of them. Fall has the best weather in my honest opinion and I particularly enjoy taking scenic drives and vivid photography. Winter is great because I enjoy the darkness and am a big fan of snow. Not to mention, it is the best month to sleep.

I hate spring. And this time using the word "hate" is acceptable, because I have nothing but bad luck in the spring. This is the time of year when I consistently see tragedies and the only time of the year I get sick. The only redeeming quality is the rather frequent thunderstorms.

All in all though, personally I feel autumn and spring should be spent working, summer spent doing what you want, and winter spent hibernating.
deanhills
william wrote:
All in all though, personally I feel autumn and spring should be spent working, summer spent doing what you want, and winter spent hibernating.
Great post! I especially like the above summary. If I were to live in North America, then yes, hibernating in winter has to be a must. For all intents and purposes I always feel as though I am hibernating but am forced to move around and do my usual work against all odds. Like moving around in a dark dream. I also agree with autumn and spring being designated for working. I'd say spring is usually a good month for me, sort of a renewal of everything, more jobs available, more opportunities available. People are getting out of their hibernation. Autumn is great for working, particularly since one has fresh energy after the summer, and all the tourists have gone home. I'd say spring and autumn were my favourite months while I was still living in Vancouver, Canada. Winter the pits and summer too many tourists per square inch.
Crockett024
Fall because it's the most comfortable time of the year. Very Happy
abramlinkens
I mostly prefer to Winter season. The winter season is helpful as to stay fit your body in season. The Winter season has very good and cold environment so it is very useful for breathing. The falling of the Ice in the season crates a good feelings.
Stupid_American
Screw you all. I live in Florida. We have laws against seasons down here...
deanhills
Stupid_American wrote:
Laughing Laughing Laughing Incredibly well said!

Guess that's why the Canadians are migrating there for six months every year!
Rajat_Pawar
I love the transition period between summer and spring to be honest and wierd, it's cool
Stupid_American
deanhills wrote:
Stupid_American wrote:

Don't remind me. Nothing against Canadians. I have a great friend from up there, but the traffic goes from bad to worse when they come here. It's total chaos, as they have no idea where they are going much of the time, and I think the conversion from kph to mph on the speedometer makes them drive insanely slower.
deanhills
Stupid_American wrote:
deanhills wrote:
Stupid_American wrote:

Don't remind me. Nothing against Canadians. I have a great friend from up there, but the traffic goes from bad to worse when they come here. It's total chaos, as they have no idea where they are going much of the time, and I think the conversion from kph to mph on the speedometer makes them drive insanely slower.
They'd probably be driving slower in any other country as well. Too courteous for their own good. Wink
TheGremlyn
I think I like Fall and Winter. Spring is okay but sometimes it can be unpredictable (sometimes it's cold and sometimes its hot and other times you're getting wet). I like Fall because of the changes in the trees and the unique smells in the air because of that. I also notice the way the sun is tilted and that makes things feel a little different and I guess I get a little nostalgic because I'm flooded with memories from the past.

I often recall going up to my grandparent's cottage in the fall to rake up all the leaves with my family and my brother and sister and I would all sit in this pile of leaves and wait. Eventually my parents would come up with a big tarp of leaves and they would dump it on top of us. Other times I just remember getting ready for Halloween and raking up the leaves and stuffing them in plastic bags that look like pumpkins or ghosts.

As for as Winter, I just like watching it snow, or walking in the snow while it's snowing. I tend to like this out in the quiet country side where there aren't many cars and there is no light pollution. When it's close enough to Christmas many people have their lights up and it's amazing the different things people can do with their house and the trees around them. It's all so beautiful. This just makes me remember the happy times when I'd try and help decorate the house as I child. I remember making a sign for "Merry Christmas" where each letter was on it's own sheet of lined paper. My mom wasn't too happy with me since money was tight and it was seen as a waste. She got over it since it was all in the spirit of the season. I just remember everything sparkling and feeling warm, it's such a festive time of year.
Stupid_American
deanhills wrote:
Stupid_American wrote:
deanhills wrote:
Stupid_American wrote:

They'd probably be driving slower in any other country as well. Too courteous for their own good. Wink

Oh yes, a very courteous people indeed. And I suppose I probably make people hate me on the rare occasion that I drive in a foreign country as well.
deanhills
Stupid_American wrote:
Oh yes, a very courteous people indeed. And I suppose I probably make people hate me on the rare occasion that I drive in a foreign country as well.
Not in Canada I think. They'd only hate you if you broke some serious driving rules like drinking and driving or speeding too much. Otherwise they'd just shrug their shoulders. Maybe admire you for being different.
justinesparm
My favourite season is Rain. I love the rain and when the rain raining, I go to outside of my home and enjoy it with my friends. I also like to play football in rain. So now I am waiting for the season of Rain.
Aredon
Definitely going to have to say spring and fall. I don't much care for the extremes. However, if I had to choose between the extremes I'd have to say winter. I can't really take too much hot weather. I have issues with heat exhaustion. Sad

Besides, if you're cold you can always put more clothes on. If you're too hot there's only so much you can take off. Laughing
sameerseo
I like all seasons but i think winter is the best season for me. Cool Dancing
jiafei
I like autumn because of the time just the right temperature, not cold not hot, the most comfortable.
apple
Thankfully, I live in the Caribbean. So all I gotta worry about is having an umbrella with me Smile
Syryus
Damn, I'd like to live there Very Happy
I don't really like any season, but that's mostly because of all the work I have do during spring and autumn, the seasons which I'd like if not for all that work.
Insanity
Fall is best, I think. I don't like winter and summer for the obvious reasons, namely that they are too into the extremes. Summer is too hot and winter is definitely too cold. Fall is colder than spring, and I like that since I prefer being cool to a sunny day. While I can see that spring would be great for being outdoors, I like the relatively cool atmosphere and temperature for fall. Plus, I like layering up rather than layering down.
johans
the favorite season here in the Philippines is SUMMER but not that much difference with other season because Philippines is a tropical country ... why summer because there are a lot of outdoor activity in summer such as beach hopping, outdoor/indoor games...

Its more fun in the Philippines Very Happy
Josso
Summer = More stuff going on, the countryside stops being depressing, bluebells, deer, SHINY HAPPY PEOPLE HOLDING HANDS, etc

Winter = Grey. Not enough snow to enjoy but just enough to screw up everything. Want to go east? Well feel free to try and get up those hills that haven't been gritted. God speed!

Others = mediocre
neha46101
My favorite season is Winter......... Because We eating some hot food .... We always feeling fresh........
mgeek
Where I am, there is wet and dry. I like the wet season.
briankid
i live in a country where we have only two ,namely; wet and dry, i prefer wet to dry
Cosmoslayer
I love winter and I hate summer, gives me heat rashes. I wish it would snow here in the Philippines. Smile
lockwoodman
It's a toss up between summer and spring! I like sun-showers very much.
pauline5765
I love love love the rainy season. Smile

Well, we only have 2 seasons here in my country, only sunny and rainy. I hate the sunny season coz it can be horribly hot... I just go out for 5 seconds and I already feel my sweat dripping from forehead. So as much as possible, I want it to rain. I don't care if I can't go out as much, since it doesn't affect me coz I'm a homey girl. Very Happy
mgeek
pauline5765 wrote:
I love love love the rainy season. Smile

Well, we only have 2 seasons here in my country, only sunny and rainy. I hate the sunny season coz it can be horribly hot... I just go out for 5 seconds and I already feel my sweat dripping from forehead. So as much as possible, I want it to rain. I don't care if I can't go out as much, since it doesn't affect me coz I'm a homey girl. Very Happy

Same here. Wink
Afaceinthematrix
I like Winter. I love the rain and I love the cold (but not too cold; it doesn't really get cold where I live). When I was in school I enjoyed the summer because of the time off but since graduation I suppose that it doesn't matter anymore. Therefore, I just go based on weather. I absolutely hate the heat and in the summer time it can get up to 45 degrees Celsius where I live. In the Winter it rarely goes below 5 degrees and is often a little warmer. Ideal weather is 10-15 degrees.

I would also like the Fall but I hate Christmas and the entire Christmas season along with all other holidays and I am pretty much forced into the constant annoyance that I find in holiday.
TheRPGLPer
My favorite season is winter, for the snow and the cooler tempatures.
linux1993
If asked several years ,I will answer it with summer .But now ,as global warming becames more and more terrible .I like winter most .
Cosmoslayer
Winter! I hate Summer, gives me a lot of heat rashes! Sad
wellerchap
the Football season's my favourite, though I'm partial to the Cricket season aswell Very Happy
RosenCruz
I guess I will choose fall too. Has too much feelings in it Rolling Eyes
dspblack
Its Spring for me as well