FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

What is SMO?

pastpapers
What is social media optimization and how its work?
ujjwalshrestha
Never heard of it. Must be something to do with social networking
ilmkidunya
pastpapers wrote:

Social media optimization is a great techniques by which you can get more traffic and business for the website. if your website has huge traffic then you can earn by Google adsence.
SMO include lot of activities like:
blog commenting
Forum commenting
classified ads
Social bookmarking
Social Networking etc...
Thanks
menino
I think SMO's and SEO's are great tools for marketeers and companies to promote their products and services, and what we see everyday on our browsers and systems.
Thanks for the information on SMO's. Its something new to me as well, and am sure it will be a subject in Marketing classes as well.
nepalstar
I know about SEO (Search Engine Optimization) but I don't know about SMO, I heard that word but I don't know about this much hope though this post I will get some knowledge about SMO.
cybersa
ilmkidunya wrote:
pastpapers wrote:

Social media optimization is a great techniques by which you can get more traffic and business for the website. if your website has huge traffic then you can earn by Google adsence.
SMO include lot of activities like:
blog commenting
Forum commenting
classified ads
Social bookmarking
Social Networking etc...
Thanks

Thanks for your information.
I will promote my Applications and Website by this method.
But i don't know about this word.

Idea
Karthikr
SMO is also using social media presence to your advantage. G+ has this in place. Say you have 100 followers. Your industry is SEO. one of your followers google searches something about SEO. Any page you +1'ed about SEO will show up in the page results, higher on the SERP than if your folower wasn't following you.

SMO is all about using the dominance you already have to your advantage by incorporating it with SEO and SEM. In my opinion, it's all one big collective and SEO, SEM, SMO, etc. are all little pieces that intertwine to build the bigger picture, which is Revenue. Smile

Disclaimer: I'm not an expert
tamilparks
now only i heard the word and tips are very useful
sameerseo
SMO is stands for social media optimization.
ilmkidunya1
Abbreviated as SMO, social media optimization is the process of increasing the awareness of a product, brand or event by using a number of social media outlets and communities to generate viral publicity. Social media optimization includes using RSS feeds, social news and bookmarking sites, as well as social media sites and video and blogging sites. SMO is similar to SEO (search engine optimization) in that the goal is to drive traffic to your Web site.
ankitdatashn
Social Media Optimization has quite a power and should be used wherever possible
jasonmilsont
SMO means Social Media Optimization which is done to increase the web traffic and its popularity by promoting it on the different social sites.
roseberryjai
Hi

Social media optimization (abbreviated as SMO) refers to the use of a number of social media outlets and communities to generate publicity to increase the awareness of a product, brand or event.It is the best way to increase your site ranking and seo and smo go hand in hand for increasing the ranking and traffic.
biotinpy12
I want to learn SEO and SMO from scratch. I have little bit Idea as what is what. But don't know stepwise proceeding in learning SEO and SMO. Can somebody guide me? I would like to learn it also practicals if possible.
ZoriWser
SMO is a public networking marketing is the process of increasing the awareness of a product, brand or event by using a number of public networking sites and areas to generate popular advertising. Social press marketing includes using RSS for, public news and social bookmarking websites, as well as public networks and video and blogging websites. SMO is similar to SEO in that the goal is to targeted traffic your Web site.
Dialogist
sameerseo wrote:
SMO is stands for...

Spam Me Often.

I loathe email listers. I also loathe people posting about "Goochy" handbags and fake Jordans on my wordpress comments all day. I loathe those 'mutal interest' twitter accounts which automate their feeds to constantly post links to "lists" they've stolen from other site, like "10 mindblowing examples of ___" just to get 2p from AdSense with the 10 clicks you have to do to get to the stolen content. Their pages are all full of ads, pop ups, subscriptions, featuritis etc. You might call it SEO or "SMO" but I call it trash. You're only as good as your reputation, with humans and bots on the internet. So if you think that this is clever way to conduct oneself, good luck to you... You're going to need it to sustain any kind of reciprocity, that isn't also intrinsically routed in greed, flagrancy and lack of respect for the integrity of the internet as a whole. This is why google are flushing all of your link harvesting, backdoor pages down the poo pipe. You're just the scourge of the internet.

Happy Optimization.
james067
pastpapers wrote:

its all about the advertising in social sites..
hairextension033
Social Media Optimization is the methodization of social media activity with the intent of attracting unique visitors to website content. SMO is one of two online methods of website optimization; the other method is search engine optimization or SEO.
D'Artagnan
SMO is for facebook what SEO is for google
rjraaz
I am also not have any idea about it. Hope, anyone else may help us to understand it well.
Crystee
I'd like to say that social media optimization is the process of increasing the awareness of a product, brand or event by using a number of social media outlets and communities to generate viral publicity.
martinsherman
SMO stands for Social Media Marketing refers to the process of gaining traffic or attention through social media sites.

Social Media itself is a catch-all term for sites that may provide radically different social actions. For instance, Twitter is a social site designed to let people share short messages or “updates” with others. Facebook, in contrast is a full-blown social networking site that allows for sharing updates, photos, joining events and a variety of other activities.
timenspace
Social media optimization is a great techniques by which you can get more traffic and business for the website. if your website has huge traffic ...
autoglass020
SMO is a way of generating popularity for a website through social media like popular online communities and community websites.SMO is among the best ways to get traffic to a website as they provide free ways to get visitors.SMO is also Called web 2.0 marketing.
Watson9
Hi All !!!
SMO is just a excellent strategies through which you'll want to get more targeted traffic along with company to the web page. SMO's along with SEO's are excellent instruments intended for marketeers along with firms to advertise their own services, along with what we discover daily in the internet browsers along with systems.
aizelcaroline
SMO means optimization of a website through social media. In social media searching, the website should be easily traceable. Social Media Optimization basically is very effective in promoting a website by means of online forums, communities and social networking sites such as facebook, twitter, linkedin etc.
isonia084
hi every one,,,,,,,,,,,
well
sMo means social media optimization just like sEo. both are prove very very beneficiary if used these tools in right way.both are used for the increase the traffic on your web site and when increase the traffic on your web site then automatically increase the ranking of your web site.
ronald577
Social media optimization is nothing but promoting your business to social media sites such as Facebook, twitter, linked in, pinterest, Google circles etc to attract traffic from relevant users, creates the social presence and visibility, increases on line sales and creates a brand name.