FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

CSS: columns

sixstring_psycho
Anyone know of a good website that explains columns with list items? I am wanting three equal sized vertical columns with lists, but no linking for the list items and I already have everything for the background. I just recently started learning CSS and have been looking for this today...I would greatly appreciate it!
sonam
sixstring_psycho wrote:
Anyone know of a good website that explains columns with list items? I am wanting three equal sized vertical columns with lists, but no linking for the list items and I already have everything for the background. I just recently started learning CSS and have been looking for this today...I would greatly appreciate it!

I don't understand how is columns in connection with list items but maybe I don't understand you question well. Rolling Eyes Here is one of the best sites with three column ways.

http://matthewjamestaylor.com/blog/perfect-3-column.htm

Sonnam
sixstring_psycho
sonam wrote:
sixstring_psycho wrote:

I don't understand how is columns in connection with list items but maybe I don't understand you question well. Rolling Eyes Here is one of the best sites with three column ways.

http://matthewjamestaylor.com/blog/perfect-3-column.htm

Sonnam

Sorry about that, still learning. What I meant was Styling Lists... but I have found info on that. Now on to the columns! Thank you for the link. Looks like a pretty good one, will have to try it out and see what I can do.. Once again, thanks!
sonam
sixstring_psycho wrote:

Sorry about that, still learning. What I meant was Styling Lists... but I have found info on that. Now on to the columns! Thank you for the link. Looks like a pretty good one, will have to try it out and see what I can do.. Once again, thanks!

Don't worry. Here on frihost is lot of good coders and they are always ready to help.

Sonam
sixstring_psycho
sonam wrote:
sixstring_psycho wrote:

Don't worry. Here on frihost is lot of good coders and they are always ready to help.

Sonam

I have noticed that. I like the community here, unlike one I tried in the past years ago. The CPanel is a lot different, but I am getting the hang of it. I kinda got frustrated with the other site and was working a job 7 days a week, so I gave up. Then not too long ago I decided to give it a try again and found this site. It really is a good deal for a free site.
Dialogist
sixstring_psycho wrote:

Find something similar and the source is your friend. You probably don't need to learn how to do it. A) You may never use it again and B) You will pretty much have it down anyway once you've endured the headache of customising it to your needs.

Personally I'd just google a regular list example, copy it, remove the links (if they are present) and then duplicate it twice, throw all 3 in their own div, throw all in a wrapper and set a float. Be sure to clear:both afterwards. Done.
Robert_Redbeard
This is what I use;

http://www.projectseven.com/tutorials/css/pvii_columns/index.htm

I tried other solutions that just didn't do the job or were just to confusing. This is simple and does the job.

EDIT: it works for as many columns or groups of columns as you need. I had it working like a dream in just a couple minutes after downloading the files.
shoaib
you can find by searching on google
levon
not understand
sonam
levon wrote:
not understand

If you don't understand write what you don't understand. Or you just want to spam? Rolling Eyes

Sonam