FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Dubstep

rogue_skydragon
Love it? Hate it? Express your feelings toward the increasingly popular musical genre here.
luciferfawkes
When at a rave, love it.
When not at a rave, not so much.
foumy6
I love dubstep. I don't know why I just like it Razz , and yes I am one of those people who got into dubstep from skrillex. Since then I have expanded to many other artists, but skrillex remains my favorite (I even istened to him when he was lead singer of From First to Last.)
Ankhanu
*shrug*
It's just dance music. Not a lot to it; some neat ideas, decent rhythm, but, ultimately not what I want to listen to.
weableandbob
I listen to it (along with other kinds of dance/electronic music) quite a bit. Over the past few years, I've taken to liking it much more than more traditional music.
Laro696
Sounds like Transformers having sex
alvarorojas4
Like it Smile
Love that kind of sounds Very Happy
rogue_skydragon
Laro696 wrote:
Sounds like Transformers having sex

LOL. I cannot agree with you more.
jeraldcaige
i'm starting to like dubstep.. yeah, bass dropping ftw!!
Tuvitor
I've gotta be in the right mood for dubstep, and that mood doesn't come often.
Josso
Was good in the early 2000s when it actually resembled electronic dub still. I'm not saying I hate the whole genre that's like saying yeah I hate every person within a specific country. But it's really not what it used to be (forgive the clich้)

Main mistakes:
- Now mastered with too much treble (whats with... everyone has crap sub in a car but not at home? Don't listen to dubstep on headphones you freaks)
- As with any genres as soon as you make it a big industry you loose the creative content and just get people abiding to templates
- It's sort of sloped from 100BPM to about 140 over the years, presumably just to make it more dancey. Also conveniantly for all the grime/garage MCs they can use their bars over it. I think thats more of a UK thing though.
sixstring_psycho
I just started listening to that style a few weeks ago. When I was in high school it was just a little Rap and mostly Metal. But I guess we all change with age. I found a few sites with some interesting music...

http://www.house-mixes.com/
http://www.globalhardcore.net/
http://www.nekrolog1krecordings.com/

Different styles including Dubstep. I would love to find a band and a DJ and incorporate that music into Metal music, kinda like Atari Teenage Riot, but in a different direction.
rogue_skydragon
Call me ignorant, but I never knew that Dubstep existed before 2009! o_O
sixstring_psycho
rogue_skydragon wrote:
Call me ignorant, but I never knew that Dubstep existed before 2009! o_O

I didn't either, I just recently stumbled upon a few sites on the net with some Dubstep music on them. But I like it! Especially the heavier faster ones!
cpstgames
I'm a wooble addict Twisted Evil
TheGremlyn
I haven't heard a lot of it but what I have heard I do like. I'm not as good at identifying it but I thought there was one the Skrillex did that was really good. I have a friend who knows a few other groups that do quite a bit, like Jazzstep or something. I can't remember now, I'll have to track down the paper I wrote that down on and try and find it online or something. Stores around here never sell anything good, you can really only find some of this stuff in online stores and what not...