FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Animated Banner

welshsteve
Hi everyone. I have two adverts created as banners for a website I run. Both banners are the same size. I want to fade back and forth between the two images. Is there any free software that will allow me to easily achieve this? PLEASE don't say TheGIMP. I hate that program with a passion.

I used to have photoshop and managed to easily create animations by exporting to swf, but I no longer have it so am looking for a free alternative. I have paint.net but I don't think there's a way of doing it.

I do have fireworks, not sure if it's possible to create them in that?

I have been searching online for various solutions such as jQuery, and free online banner creators, but none of them apply to my needs, and I've been looking for hours now Sad

Many thanks in advance if anyone can help me.
medesignz
So do you think you'd like the banner to be in swf or a gif animation?
truespeed
Online image editor does it,just upload image,click add frame under animation,browse to being in new frame,then click on the first frame and choose your transition effect,then click apply.
cybersa
Download trial version of flash.
Its trial period valid upto 30days.
Within those days you can make it easily.
welshsteve
Thanks for the replies guys. I'd like it to be either swf or gif, I'm not that bothered really. I suppose an animated gif removes the need for plugins to be installed in visitors browsers, but gif pictures aren't good quality are they?

cybersa wrote:
Download trial version of flash.
Its trial period valid upto 30days.
Within those days you can make it easily.

I actually have flash CS3 installed at home (got it free from the open university) but I don't know how to code actionscript Sad
medesignz
It depends on the quality you chose, if you want smooth animation the swf would be better... So many factors to think about... Is your site accessed via mobile? If it is, SWF wont be right
oreogami
Use GIMP. It works very well for animations.
truespeed
oreogami wrote:
Use GIMP. It works very well for animations.

welshsteve wrote:
PLEASE don't say TheGIMP. I hate that program with a passion.
welshsteve
medesignz wrote:
It depends on the quality you chose, if you want smooth animation the swf would be better... So many factors to think about... Is your site accessed via mobile? If it is, SWF wont be right

The site has a mobile version which won't carry the advertising, so that's not an issue. Basically all I want are two pictures to alternate via some sort of affect if possible.
cybersa
You can create a animation on flash without using actionscript.
No need to learn.
medesignz
I'm sure if you want to have a banner alternate, then you could probably work on it using css and javascript, so no external apps.