FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

How to create animation in website?

johans
Can any body suggest on what tools and software in creating animation for websites? ...
cybersa
Best and easy tool to create a animation is Flash.
You can also try CSS animation with HTML 5.
But I recommend flash for newbies.
sonam
It is not easy to answer on your question because we need more information about your animation. How it is complex, and what you want to animate.

I am suggest Flash only if you need some special effects what other languages cannot handle because good tools for Flash are quite expensive.

In other hand lot of effects you can create with jquery or with HTML5. HTML5 is new and not all browser support all possibilities but this is future and I suggest to stick with HTML5. Jquery and HTML5 are free. Jquery you can download here:
http://docs.jquery.com/Downloading_jQuery

HTML5 will come with browsers update and this is not in your hand.

Sonam
johans
@sonam, thank you for your suggestions and the link provided.

Quote:

cybersa
Posted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:53 am Post subject:

I have read a lot of news that Flash will be end of life.. How true is this? if FLASH will be end of life soon then i will not used flash i will proceed directly to HTML5. How complex is HTML5 when in comes to a newbies? what are the recommended software/tools to make HTML5 easy?

i appreciate your comments.
Dialogist
Use whatever medium you feel is correct (and basically what is correct) for the correct job. Like a sonam above said, it depends on what you want to do. If it's a quick simple, small thing, even a gif might suffice. Never mind all these new age politics about html5 being the new black. It's whatever works the best. Whatever is the best vehicle to convey your wishes and also whatever loads fastest which most people can access is a big part of it. Right now, that's flash (universally) but that's not always true either. If it's a full music video for example, it's going to want to be a progressively streaming video. If it's a rollover, a gif picture. A banner, flash/html5. The size is decisive also. Somebody mentioned jquery and was right to do so - for example, do you want this content to be search engine readable? If it's not using dynamic text in flash or it's embedded within a video or flash animation then it's not going to be. If it's basic html with jquery controlling it's animations then it is, done correctly.

There's not really any point in using the latest new fangled methods (you mentioned you'd been reading about how flash was dying) if they are not the best method for translating your work to screen. You might get cool points for it but you'll get more if your work is brilliant and the method you used to show it to me was simple, elegant, lightweight, seamless and completely unnoticeable. I'm talking completely unnoticeable. Like whatever you decided to use is completely anecdotal. Because let's face it, it is (once you've spent many hard hours work, trialing, testing, proof checking and experimenting - completely irrelevant to your audience). Basically, if it requests something (a plugin, an update, a browser compatibility, a tediously slow loading bar etc) then it's the wrong method. Applications should be like referees in football games. Not seen and not heard.

Tell us what your animation entails and we'll offer better suggestions.
futurcat
I recommend HTML5. Even Adobe, owners of Macromedia who created Flash )if I am not mistaken= are not creating software to develop in HTML5 the same animation you could do with Flash so fat. The world is changing towards HTML5, clearly because developing for Smartphones is trending topic around, and HTML5 is the starndard platform.
metalfreek
If you want simple text scrolling than marquee in html will do the trick. If you want more than just a simple scrolling than flash is the best option right now.
sonam
metalfreek wrote:
If you want simple text scrolling than marquee in html will do the trick. If you want more than just a simple scrolling than flash is the best option right now.

If I have good memory then marquee work only in IE not in other browsers. This is not the best choice for me.

Sonam
Navigator
cybersa wrote:

Flash still needs some learning curve but I think it's the viable option since not all browsers support HTML5 yet.