FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Sage benefits

lovescience
Quote:
Indicated for: Aiding digestion, Alzheimer's disease, asthma, bacterial & fungal infections, biliousness, bites, calming and stimulating the nervous system, candida, colds, coughs, dental abscesses, diarrhoea (infantile), dysmenorrhoea, encouraging healing, excessive menstrual bleeding, flatulent dyspepsia, gastrointestinal upset, gingivitis, glossitis, headache (nervous), hot flashes (menopausal sweats) hyperhidrosis, improving memory, indigestion, infected gums, intestinal infection, insect bites, irregular and scanty periods, joint paint, kidney problems, lack of appetite, lethargy, liver complaints, lungs or stomach haemorrhaging, measles, mouth ulcers, night sweats, oral inflammation, palsy, perspiration (excessive), pharyngitis, phthisis, quinsy, reducing lactation, rheumatism, rhinitis, skin, throat, mouth and gum infections, soothing the digestive tract, stimulating upper digestive secretions, intestinal mobility, bile flow, and pancreatic function, stings, stomatitis, strengthening the nervous system, throat infections, typhoid fever, uvulitis, vaginal discharge. Taken internally or as a gargle or mouthwash; galactorrhoea, hyperhydrosis, inflammations of the mouth, tongue or throat.

Sage should not be used by pregnant or nursing women or by people who have epileptic fits.

The plant is toxic in excess or when taken for extended periods, though the toxic dose is very large.

Sage should not be used to suppress perspiration in fevers.

http://www.herbwisdom.com/herb-sage.html

I was thinking of how to use the sage that I planted months ago.

I came to this page about the sage benefits.

I often put some of the sage leaves in drink.

I haven't tried to put them in meal.

How do you use sage?