FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

China builds 30-story 5 star hotel in just 15 days!!!

splintercdo
Here is time lapse:

Now this is crazy!!! Shocked
ujjwalshrestha
It's 15 days to put the building together, don't think the 15 days include the time it took to make the prefab components. However, it is still a remarkable feat - can't wait to see it emulate all over the world.
ocalhoun
ujjwalshrestha wrote:
It's 15 days to put the building together, don't think the 15 days include the time it took to make the prefab components. However, it is still a remarkable feat - can't wait to see it emulate all over the world.

They may be less efficient to build... but I am kind of a fan of uniquely designed buildings with character...
Bluedoll
Imagine a bunch of those building put up in the old neighborhood? You go away for a year and when you come back your neighborhood is gone. Used to take years!

Nice video it said,
Indoor air = 720 Co2 ppm
Outdoor air = 440 co2 ppm

Indoor air is 20 times cleaners than outdoor air

If The Co2 stands for carbon dioxide. Carbon dioxide is a natural gas emitted from humans as we breath out but also from organic things that ... is not ppm parts per million bits? That would mean there is almost twice as much co2 inside meaning less oxygen making it harder to breath but of course that has nothing to do with dust particles. Wow thick windows that never open!

Experts say complaints of stiffness and odors fall in the 600 - 1000 ppm range
deanhills
Bluedoll wrote:
Imagine a bunch of those building put up in the old neighborhood? You go away for a year and when you come back your neighborhood is gone. Used to take years!

Nice video it said,
Indoor air = 720 Co2 ppm
Outdoor air = 440 co2 ppm

Indoor air is 20 times cleaners than outdoor air

If The Co2 stands for carbon dioxide. Carbon dioxide is a natural gas emitted from humans as we breath out but also from organic things that ... is not ppm parts per million bits? That would mean there is almost twice as much co2 inside meaning less oxygen making it harder to breath but of course that has nothing to do with dust particles. Wow thick windows that never open!

Experts say complaints of stiffness and odors fall in the 600 - 1000 ppm range
Dubai went that way probably in two to three years. Particularly with record fast roads and highway construction. It completely changed the face of the city.
Magicman
The fifteen days definitely doesn't include the time to build the prefab parts. It is certainly an impressive feat, although I wonder if any corners had to be cut to build this up so fast. I understand this method for a modern building such as this hotel but I do much prefer an old style building which has more character.
airh3ad
Made in china? oh my god this is not good type of building they built for sure this is not safe building.
i don't agree the designs and there engineering because of the 15 days building that hotel.
audiodevelop
Give raw materials to the Chinese, and you can see wonders.

I guess it's their manpower that has helped them to accomplish feats (like the Great Wall of China)

Cool Cool
deanhills
audiodevelop wrote:
Give raw materials to the Chinese, and you can see wonders.

I guess it's their manpower that has helped them to accomplish feats (like the Great Wall of China)

Cool Cool
I'm almost certain there must be some brain power involved as well. Very Happy
nickfyoung
splintercdo wrote:
Here is time lapse:

They are just about to build the world's tallest 200 story building in 90 days.

http://www.gizmag.com/broad-sky-city-one/22983/
johannespilz
this is great. thanks for sharing. impressive quality, even in an architectural sense. although i hope it was a one time thing and they dont start building these up all over china now Smile
milkshake01
Wow. That's amazing. I've never heard of anything like this.
johannespilz
did u hear that theiy wanna build the tallest building on the planet by the same concept? they will need 90 days for it and unfortunately it will look pretty awefull, i cant help saying it Sad i wrote some time ago, i hope it was a one time thing, but now i saw it isnt... damn it Sad
deanhills
johannespilz wrote:
did u hear that theiy wanna build the tallest building on the planet by the same concept? they will need 90 days for it and unfortunately it will look pretty awefull, i cant help saying it Sad i wrote some time ago, i hope it was a one time thing, but now i saw it isnt... damn it Sad
Where will this be?
johans
splintercdo wrote:
Here is time lapse:

i don't believed on this.. 100% lie
Iceaxe0410
That is amazing, but it's probably due to their work ethics and shear manpower. Not to discredit it or anything like that. I mean they built the Great Wall of China and are one of the oldest civilizations. Unlike the Great Wall of China, they have more controls and technology to prevent deaths. At least I would hope so. I'm not surprised to be honest. If any country could do it, it would be China. It's also one reason why they are moving ahead in world power status. I'd say they will overtake the U.S. one of these days. We will no longer be the sole first world power if we can even call ourselves that anymore. All we have going for us is our military strength. Compared to China's military strength, they definitely could give us a run for our money. But, I don't think that's how they will win. They will win the economic war. They already control a good portion of our economy through outsourcing. We're becoming too dependent on imports especially things made in China. It's a slippery slope and the U.S. is on the losing end up to this point.
zaxacongrejo
There nothing very special on this, is not built from scratch
But builted from pre made parts, so
Is always a question how many workers can you have there working at the same time
Next time they will probably do it in Alf of the time
deanhills
zaxacongrejo wrote:
There nothing very special on this,
I disagree. If it is constructed in a country with great weather and consistency in weather perhaps so, but we've just had the Khalifa Tower built in the UAE as the highest tower, and it took lots of effort to put up the last few feet to beat the world average. There are other factors that count over and above a well trained work force, plenty of funding and brilliant engineers. Like environmental factors and the weather.

http://www.burjkhalifa.ae/
zaxacongrejo
Quote:
If it is constructed in a country with great weather and consistency in weather perhaps so

i didn’t thought on that i will have to agree with you but, and there’s always a but right?

Quote:
had the Khalifa Tower built in the UAE as the highest tower,

Khalifa is burj right? Hasn’t been there already terrible example to compare you see this is a small building more even how long is this progect to last? 30 years?
deanhills
zaxacongrejo wrote:
Quote:
If it is constructed in a country with great weather and consistency in weather perhaps so

i didn’t thought on that i will have to agree with you but, and there’s always a but right?

Quote:
had the Khalifa Tower built in the UAE as the highest tower,

Khalifa is burj right? Hasn’t been there already terrible example to compare you see this is a small building more even how long is this progect to last? 30 years?
Definitely not 30 years. Where did you get that number from? You can check the information at the link I provided as it will show it is much MUCH less than that.

Did not compete for speed of building. Just for height. But had other goals in mind like creating a huge spectacular commercial city out of it too. It's an apartment and corporate suites block.
zaxacongrejo
what i wanted to say is how long will the building last
deanhills
zaxacongrejo wrote:
what i wanted to say is how long will the building last
Not sure what that has to do with the topic of the discussion but perhaps you could explain why you think it is relevant?
zaxacongrejo
Quote:
China builds 30-story 5 star hotel in just 15 days!!!

do you build an 5 star hotel for what ?
slimviking
splintercdo wrote:
Here is time lapse:

It's a great thing, but 15 days for a 30 story is too fast.

probably this building will collapse in few years.
iocane
If robotic technology, 3d printing and recycling really take off it possible some day in the future for someone to design a skyscraper and have it built in a day. Then change there mind and have the whole thing demolished and rebuilt the next day. If history takes that route cities could change radically with fads.