FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

[Automation] Script language with C-like syntax

Hexes
Hello everyone!
I am looking for some scripting language with syntax similar to C/C++. I need it for automation purposes under windows. It should be something similar to AutoIt or Autohotkey but with C-syntax. I hate basic/pascal syntax and I am not able to work efficiently with them. It is the main reason why I am looking for alternative to those mentioned above. By now I found Phantom automation and CLR Script. First one is quite nice but it does not have the functions I need. Second one is payware and very old (2004).
kta_fh
A quick google returned these:

I might take look into that TCC...
remram44
If you are not afraid of doing a little coding to interface a scripting language with the libraries you need (for instance, the Autohotkey DLL), Javascript might be what you need... It is pretty standard, resembles C++/Java and there are some interpreters around...
Hexes
kta_fh wrote:
A quick google returned these:

I might take look into that TCC...

Well it is not exactly what I am looking for. TCC is just C compiler and CINT
Quote:
is an interpreter for C and C++ code. It is useful e.g. for situations where rapid development is more important than execution time. Using an interpreter the compile and link cycle is dramatically reduced facilitating rapid development. CINT makes C/C++ programming enjoyable even for part-time programmers.

http://root.cern.ch/drupal/content/cint
It is easier to do automation's tasks with C++ than with this tool Razz

Javascript is good only for web purposes Sad I need windows automation.
Fire Boar
Perl is nice and, while not much like C, bears far more resemblance than languages like the Pascal family. Ruby is even less like C, and yet even nicer. Perl is the most usual choice though.
kta_fh
Hexes wrote:
Hello everyone!
I am looking for some scripting language with syntax similar to C/C++. I need it for automation purposes under windows.

After reading more than the first sentence here ( Wink ) I realise that you have two requirements. Could be that there is no single tool to satisfy them both (the two worlds of MS and C don't mix and match 'well').
jmraker
remram44 wrote:
If you are not afraid of doing a little coding to interface a scripting language with the libraries you need (for instance, the Autohotkey DLL), Javascript might be what you need... It is pretty standard, resembles C++/Java and there are some interpreters around...

If you want to do it yourself here's a good place to start with integrating Google's V8 Javascript engine into a C++ program.
http://code.google.com/apis/v8/embed.html

Javascript/ECMAScript can exist outside a web browser.