FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Quick question

Nameless
Best. Graphics. Ever.

What is the first game that comes to your head?

(yes, I do have a reason for asking this.)
Monkeydog
Chrono Trigger. Razz
The graphics are so pretty and not all junky and 3D.
That or FFVI...
NuniPio
counter strike: source no doubt about it
LostOverThere
Probably Half-Life 2 or Doom 3.

But, for some reason, also The Simpsons Hit & Run.
Maybe because some reviewers said:
Best. Simpsons. Game. Ever.
hcjgh
funny as it sounds old dos games!!!
hanay
Super Mario RPG!
amusedtoe
Good ol' ET for Atari. Yes, I'm completely serious. The graphics were so life like you totally felt like you were in the movie!

Seriously I'd probably put Ninja Gaiden up there.
Luis
LINEAGE II
VERY GOOD GRAPHICS
leat397
Graphical technique is rapidly developing everyday. can't say it's the best graphic game ever...

Best game. I choose Ragnarok online. Such game makes me addicted for 1.5 year.....I guess I won't do this again ever...I can't. for my age... Crying or Very sad
n0obie4life
Stuff based on the source engine

[sacarsm]err, the best game..err...Super Mario in DOS?[/sacarsm]
brightskies
I personally like graphics that are simple and not too complicated (i.e. Ragnarok Online). It has nice anime-ish 2D characters in a 3D world, which is really unique and interesting. It got me hooked for a long time too Crying or Very sad
cssc
half life 2
Yuyiroquai
Best Graphics Ever: Fight Night Round for Ps3 (see this video)

the first game that comes to my head: Zelda: A Link To The Past
lituhanian
i think Doom 3
RavenCross
hmmmm... i guess Need for Speed:Underground 2.. The cityscapes are really alive(If ur Vid card can handle it).. another game with great graphix was valkyrie profile in Ps1... It was cool during that time..
Sandcrawler
I have to go with Doom3 ... th lighting in that game is the best i have seen anywere...then the level of detail on the caracter and the feel they make with the game and sounds...really welled tied togeather game
SilverDogg
well it depends.. do you mean 2d or 3d?

for 2d im gonna have to go with... secret of mana. wonderful game, and extremely nice graphics ^_^.

when it comes to 3d this is a bit harder since every ****** game today just have to push the limit (and often neglect other parts) which is a bit boring.
but im gonna go with... the legend of zelda: twiligt princess. ofcourse i havent played this game yet, but the graphics looks absolutely stunning! cant wait til i get my hands on that game =)
headless
well the first game that comes to ma head, is probly half-life2. because it's like the best. AND is vera popular. i think
stiffler
HL2 and its mods if your computer can handle it. This especially goes for Day of Defeat:Source and its HDR.

OR

Guild Wars because the graphics are amazing even at cheap video card levels. I had a GF FX5200 for a while with all settings on high, ran fine. Then I got a GF 6600GT, and pretty much the only difference I noticed were increased FPS.
olag
Heroes of might and magic 4 because it's my prefered game.
bao
I think Half Life 2
Lisianthus
Half life 2 or doom 3.
and for old skool, zelda a link to the past*snes* , Chrono trigger Smile
Kelcey
Final Fantasy 7. Nothing has impressed me more given the time frames for any game.
Monkeydog
Kelcey wrote:
Final Fantasy 7. Nothing has impressed me more given the time frames for any game.

Wow really?
I never liked FFVII's graphics...ever, even when it first came out...

If it's 3-D Oblivions graphics look so nice...
Hoss
Yuyiroquai wrote:
Best Graphics Ever: Fight Night Round for Ps3 (see this video)

the first game that comes to my head: Zelda: A Link To The Past

The Fight Night Round for PS3 looks like, infact, I'm almost sure it's a cutscene. Cutsscene's are nice and pretty and all, but the graphics of the actual game could be horrible.
lockwolf
Quake 4
zakpak23
Hl2's Day of Defeat: Source, awesome!
zoombinimatt
Burnout series. they were awesome i thought Very Happy

also rome:total war isnt bad
GrimReaper77
So many choices!

For the PS2: Shadow of the Colossus. This game will floor you with the graphics. Even the horse looks great. You'll wonder how your PS2 doesn't slow to a crawl in some areas.

For the PC: On one side there's Doom3 (and by extension Quake 4), but you will be left dumbstruck when you see how Trackmania Sunrise looks on a high end video card. It's next-gen console graphics on the PC with fantastic blur effect, and great use of pixel shader 3. The game itself though, as an arcade racer, is surprisingly shallow.