FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


Loved the game, hated the movie, who agrees?





NuniPio
Quote:
But chances are I saw all I was going to get out of "Doom": cut-rate thrills, mind-numbing dialogue and clichéd plots.

So it goes with this genre.

Double Dragon.

Street Fighter.

Resident Evil.

Tomb Raider.

All have been made into movies and all have been dreck.

In fact, every movie that has been made from a video game has been an exercise in cultural lobotomization.


http://www.bergen.com/page.php?qstr=eXJpcnk3ZjczN2Y3dnFlZUVFeXk2NjAmZmdiZWw3Zjd2cWVlRUV5eTY3OTE5NTMmeXJpcnk3ZjcxN2Y3dnFlZUVFeXk3

who agrees? i think i disagree to that. some of those movies were quite cool.
gonzo
Movies should be based on quality screenplays. Games will never fit the bill.
nassiri05
i never liked games but movies are not that goof as they used to be back in the years. I saw Red Eye lately and it was so strange to see a bad movie like that one while everybody rates it good in de newspaper. It should be a thriller but people where laughing
nassiri05
a lot of people i know are gamoholics. They plat 24/7 games.
nassiri05
I saw drie good movies this year. SAW, COACH CARTER and EMETYVILLE
nassiri05
have anyone saw robbie williams on the dutch television. now that is some good stuff me. I may love movies but a good interview with robbie williams is like en bestseller
NuniPio
nassiri05 wrote:
have anyone saw robbie williams on the dutch television. now that is some good stuff me. I may love movies but a good interview with robbie williams is like en bestseller


are you just trying to get 5 posts so u can apply for the webspace? they check all your posts if you want to know and they only accept proper ones, just wanted to let you know so u dont waste time
gonzo
No, he's talking to himself. Shhhhh.. interrupting is rude.
xray757
I find the two Resident Evil movies were quite okay. mortal combat the movie as well as the series were so bad.

Streetfighter I liked the animated movie as well as the anime of final fight.
The_PsyCh0path
Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad I HATE THIS ****** TERRORISTS!!! I REALLY HATE THEM.... Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
ANSWER YOU BLOOD TERRORISTS WTF DO U REALLY THINK SHALL HAPPEND TO U WHEN U KILL UR SELF... Twisted Evil
soilgrain
I didn't think tomb raider/street fighter were bad movies.

They had crap acting/plots, but overall they were very interesting.
caaltt
I don't mind them making movies based on popular games because chances are that I played the game and enjoyed it. But, why they ride SOLELY on the name of the game instead of actually following the original storyline or invent an actual interesting version is baffling to me. I mean, I understand there's obviiously a lot of money in it because of the games' already popular appeal but all they would really have to do is try a little.

The story is already there, the imagination that went in to their invention including characters and environment is there....

Money makes the world go around I suppose Rolling Eyes
boringest
yeah...i think resident evil's not too bad...would love to watch a movie based on half-life/halo though.

also, i think starship troopers is kinda similar to starcraft - isn't it?
S3nd K3ys
Why is this in World News?

The_PsyCh0path, you need to cut down on the caffeen. Wink
tidruG
NuniPio wrote:
nassiri05 wrote:
have anyone saw robbie williams on the dutch television. now that is some good stuff me. I may love movies but a good interview with robbie williams is like en bestseller


are you just trying to get 5 posts so u can apply for the webspace? they check all your posts if you want to know and they only accept proper ones, just wanted to let you know so u dont waste time


His name doesn't appear in the Requesters' list.. at least not yet... However, yes, nassir05, we do look at your posts before handling your request, so make some better posts.

gonzo wrote:
No, he's talking to himself. Shhhhh.. interrupting is rude.
Laughing

S3nd K3ys wrote:
Why is this in World News?

Probably because the article is dated
Quote:
17 October, 2005

But even otherwise, it's better off in the "Movies" forum, so I'll move it. Very Happy
shr3dd
I enjoyed the Resident Evil movies, and The Final Fantasy 7 movie. The first FF movie was terrible, however. I only enjoyed Tomb Raider because of Angelina Jolie's boobs bouncing about.
SgtGarcia
I don't think it's a good idea to turn games into movies and vice versa. Every recent holywood production has it's own game, and almost every game is crap. Movies and games aren't the same. With movies you only watch, just playing along the story is boring. A game is good because you have influence on what happens, when it's converted into a movie you lose that influence. That's why it's won't work
kharol_016
resident evil movies are okay for me!haha
rayxzero
Tomb raider is good movie.
Resident Evil After Life suck.
Radar
Agree with the general consensus that the translation doesn't work because movies and games are two completely different mediums. However, I can't help but think of Pirates of the Caribbean as being something totally unlike a film that make a great film. Granted, it's probably due to many talented people working on it rather than simply the premise itself.

Perhaps if one were to try and create a movie around the game, rather than turning the game into a movie.
probna
didnt liked any of those movies at all
dapopeyoh
I really loved the tomb raider and street fighter movies. They were very interesting for me and they featured some of my best actors n actresses. Resident evil too wasn't so bad. But I didn't enjoy double dragon at all.
Related topics
Who is your favorite actor/actress?
Whats your favorites movie series?
Pirates of the Carribean...
Family Guy Movie: Stewies Untold Story
What Qualities do you look for in an MMORPG?
hp Goblet of Fire movie
Upcoming Games to Movie Adaptations
A movie to a video game
Dual Moniters
does a movie based on a video game have a prayer?
Saw 3
Your most hated movie ever
cloverfield
Does your music remind you of a game or movie?
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> Sports and Entertainment -> Movies and Television

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.