FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Sorry, World.

Ankhanu
Seems that one of my fellow canucks wanted to issue a simple "sorry" to the world for our screw up.
While the site is mildly satirical and funny, the message is one genuinely felt by myself and many of my fellow Canadians.

Sorry, world. We'll do better next time! (I sincerely hope we will!)
deanhills
Don't think I'm really that in favour of the link wording. Is that theirs or someone else who created it for effect? For the rest I find it a great Web page. Interesting advertisement. Cool
jmi256
Many Americans are sorry for voting for Obama too. Want to trade? Just about anyone is better than Obama at this point.

ocalhoun
jmi256 wrote:
Just about anyone is better than Obama at this point.

Oh, it could be worse.
Some of the current GOP candidates, for example. ^.^
Ankhanu
ocalhoun wrote:
jmi256 wrote:
Just about anyone is better than Obama at this point.

Oh, it could be worse.
Some of the current GOP candidates, for example. ^.^

My thought exactly Razz
Obama's had some pretty terrible points in his presidential career to date... but, I would still probably (maybe?) choose him over the competition at this stage... ya know, if I were an American voter Wink Rock and a hard place, America; rock and a hard place.
ocalhoun
Ankhanu wrote:
but, I would still probably (maybe?) choose him over the competition at this stage... ya know, if I were an American voter Wink

^.^ I don't do that anymore.

I don't care if it means my vote can't possibly affect the outcome of the election, I am NOT voting for a politician I don't like.
Better to vote for a third party or write-in that gets only 2% of the vote than to actively choose someone you don't want, just because the alternatives are worse.
Ankhanu
Agreed.
I've spoiled a couple ballots in my time; I do think it's important to vote, even if you don't vote for anyone. More often than not, I vote for a candidate that isn't going to win, because they best represent my ideals (I tend to vote green and NDP), but there have been instances where none of the candidates have felt right.
Ashebrook
Have to say that I feel the same. Don't like what Obama has done and there are few in the GOP that I think would be better. This is the first time in my voting career that I am considering NOT voting. Then, I stop to think of all the women who suffered for my right to vote and wonder just who IS worth voting for. Hopefully someone worthy will get the GOP slot, but I'm not holding my breath. Confused
ocalhoun
Ashebrook wrote:
This is the first time in my voting career that I am considering NOT voting. Then, I stop to think of all the women who suffered for my right to vote and wonder just who IS worth voting for.

Okay, now, with that thought in mind, consider that there are more than 2 choices.

Even if none of the 3rd party choices suits you, you could still use that to send the message that you're dissatisfied with the two choices given.
Not voting could send the same message, but it's far too easy to mistake for apathy.
Ashebrook
You do have a point. Apathy is not the message that I would wish to send at all. With any hope, small as it may be, a decent candidate will present him/herself regardless of Rep/Dem/Ind, etc. Smile
Hello_World
Good luck Canada in getting rid of your idiot leader in 2015.
coolclay
Ha, that's a pretty funny page. Great way to "virally" protest. Especially considering it is probably getting a lot of hits!

Just stick it out for a few more years, and hopefully a better candidate will come up! On a brighter note for America, Ron Paul (the only candidate that can actually beat Obama and turn around our deficit), has preemptively won the delegates of Iowa, Minnesota, and possibly Texas http://reason.com/blog/2012/04/24/how-ron-pauls-delegate-strategy-is-worki!
D'Artagnan
wait Canada? isn't that place where polar bears count in the sensus?

*ok, calm down* it's a joke, i love canada, i think it's the best place in the world!
Ankhanu
Very Happy

Yeah, Canada's pretty keen, but we do have our problems... and unfortunately, a lot of the current ones have global impact. Sorry.