FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Windows 8

haluden
Is windows * worth playing with , or is it going to get released full of bugs and security issues, driver issues etc that normally accompany any MS release?
Ankhanu
I haven't used it, but I've spoken to a few people testing it; they're liking it and it's been working for them. That said, yes there will almost certainly be some compatibility issues at release; it's virtually impossible for there not to be any.
Hexes
There are rumors that it will be even faster than Windows 7. Minimal system requirements are lower but we will see how it will work in practice.

Minimum hardware requirements for Windows Developer Preview:
Processor : 1 GHz (omg!)
Memory (RAM): 1 GB (32bit), 2 GB (64bit)
Graphics Card: DirectX 9 graphics device with WDDM 1.0 or higher driver
HDD free space: 16 GB (32bit), 20 GB (64bit)

Probably final version will have the same requirements.
cybersa
If Minimum Requirements are true means,I will install it on my Netbook. Smile
Thanks Hexes for your information.
Blummer
I still think about switching to it, but only when SP1 comes out or at least, as soon as I will know that there are no hardware compatibility issues and all the stuff I use will be supported with drivers provided from manufacturer sites.
ilmkidunya
haluden wrote:
Is windows * worth playing with , or is it going to get released full of bugs and security issues, driver issues etc that normally accompany any MS release?

May Be it will be the perfect One or have bugs on it not sure...
Gitesh
Why is it that we always upgrade to newer OS everytime it releases, even if the old one is working great . I will stick with Win 7 for time being., and always wish for Linux distros to invent workaround for Photoshop and all the games i like to play.
jilbs
i installed it on my laptop and did a dual boot couple of months ago. honestly, i din't like it.
It seems like you have to wait for a little longer until the right hardware is available before you can use it's features fully.
oreogami
I will not use Windows 8 when it comes out. I will be using linux instead then.
I just don't like the looks of windows 8. Neutral
flamepjlh
haluden wrote:

I think it is too early to try it now as the OS is still under development.                

Mad Mad
weableandbob
It'll be interesting to play around with in beta, but I'm not an early adopter, so I think it's worth waiting for a while until they hammer out all the major bugs after release.
cybersa
I think Microsoft going to Announce windows 8 as operating system for Computer,Tablets and smartphone.
What you thunk about this?
mukesh
Hexes wrote:
There are rumors that it will be even faster than Windows 7. Minimal system requirements are lower but we will see how it will work in practice.

Minimum hardware requirements for Windows Developer Preview:
Processor : 1 GHz (omg!)
Memory (RAM): 1 GB (32bit), 2 GB (64bit)
Graphics Card: DirectX 9 graphics device with WDDM 1.0 or higher driver
HDD free space: 16 GB (32bit), 20 GB (64bit)

Probably final version will have the same requirements.

wow very low requirement need to run window8.
Smile
mukesh
flamepjlh wrote:
haluden wrote:

I think it is too early to try it now as the OS is still under development.                

Mad Mad

Yes, I am also agree by this statement so I also also still. Smile
billiebr
Funny part is, the systems increased in requisites to run over the years, now the developers are getting smater and the hardware requirements are not raising that much. Maybe the technology is developing to a point in which you will use more resources in the cloud and will not even need to have programs installed locally. We already have email, documents, backups and games online... what more to be next?
By looking at win 8 videos, seems like it is the first real interface change in some releases. Finally, MS seems to look more to the consumer than to his pocket.
eclipious
I really don't like the new direction of Windows 8. Rumored no more start menu!? What that's ridiculous, I can't imagine using Windows without it. I like how they are trying to make it a dual interface as in one that works for tablets AND the regular desktop/laptops.

I'm interested to see the final product but I am not liking the new changes that much especially that the interfaces don't feel like the mesh together and just visually something is off with it.
futurcat
Any OS from MS has been a pain in the ... before they have released SP1. I may play with the beta, but do not plan to use this seriously until then.
ujjwalshrestha
it seems like microsoft is trying to imitate mac os - is everyone seeing this or it's just me.
eclipious
ujjwalshrestha wrote:
it seems like microsoft is trying to imitate mac os - is everyone seeing this or it's just me.

Everyone is imitating each other for the best features. In my opinion, I don't care, as long as technology improves and everything gets better, isn't that the real point of life? To survive and thrive? So yeah I kind of don't like copying because really people should be unique and creative but I think overall technology doesn't improve if one group claims sole rights over certain design aspects.
labrax
is there someone who has tried win8 consumer
futurcat
I recommend to wait until SP1. I always do that, and I save a lot of time troubleshooting class issues with this approach.
flamepjlh
haluden wrote:

The only thing we can do is wait for the finally release. I think.                   
Not just guess here what it looks like.                                

Laughing
chicanh
A suggestion for you, dont install it at mooment, harmful for your stuff.
ps: My friend have installed win 8, i like Metro style.
metalfreek
I have been using Windows 8 consumer preview version for more than a month now and I am loving it. Metro UI is different and takes time to get used to but its good. I am loving the Windows 8 experience. For more detail about new features of windows 8 see my blog post here

http://www.crazyblogger.info/computer/whats-new-in-windows-8-operating-system/
alimddine
I think i will install Windows 7 when i have to reinstall my windows on pc.
flamepjlh
haluden wrote:

why eight became * in this message?                               

Confused Confused Confused
Chellesei
ujjwalshrestha wrote:

That was my reaction when I first saw the user interface of Windows 8. Very Happy

But, I have seen videos and have read reviews from those people who tried either the developer or consumer preview and from what I see, I'm sure I'm going to like it. Smile Its look is really different from the other Windows OS so for me, this is pretty cool. I haven't installed it on my computer though.
I'll just wait for the stable release. Very Happy
matrixuk321
I'll be staying with Windows 7. It seems like they are making this with the focus on touch screens and phones, it doesn't look appealing.
LostOverThere
matrixuk321 wrote:
I'll be staying with Windows 7. It seems like they are making this with the focus on touch screens and phones, it doesn't look appealing.

Same, although I usually skip every second version of Windows. Purely because I don't need to upgrade that often, so it's nothing really against Windows 8 per-say.
lobokun
i love windows 8 i do hope that in their final release they have driver updates for my graphics card as of right now i cant seem to play any games that required accelerated graphics
MikeFromHC
The early version of the consumer preview locked up two or three times in the first week or so, then got fixed.
The release preview has been stable on my system since I installed it and there seem to be few reports of any problems.

It boots up and shuts down quite rapidly.

I am using it on a ASUS motherboard and an Intel chip with no additional video cards.

Two monitors and an HDMI link to a TV set.

I can switch between any two with ease thanks to the new Intel video driver and unless you are playing high end games it is not likely that you will ever need to add a video card.

I like the idea of Metro and think it will be a great help to support staff. If you have ever, over the telephone, tried to walk a very inexperienced user through a start menu to find a program that may be there someplace especially if "helpful neighbors" have stuck it where they think it best, then you will appreciate telling them to find the button marked with their program name and click on it.

The only problem I see with Metro is that current installers tend to place everything on the screen rather than just some start place.
blueray
Finally, Windows 8 is here.
It will be released on 10-26 this year.
RosenCruz
Microsoft has made special campaigns for my territory and I was able to get an original Windows 8 Pro 64 Bit for my brother, for 18$.

I believe these kind of promotions are nice to promote original software usage.
_AVG_
I don't know about the speed and efficiency of the system but the aesthetics seem much better than Windows 7 for sure. I doubt I'll get it though.
likeabreeze
windows XP suits me fine.
I never consider switching to other operating systems.
darthrevan
I don't think I would want Windows 8, atleast not from some screen shots. One screenshot reminds me of a Windows Phone. Yucky
BadBBilly
darthrevan wrote:
I don't think I would want Windows 8, atleast not from some screen shots. One screenshot reminds me of a Windows Phone. Yucky

I agree, looks very flat & boring, unless the scheme changes depending on graphics cards it doesn't look very kewl, initial Screenshots aren't a seller.
RosenCruz
I ve had the chance to use it on my brothers laptop yesterday.It is a nice and cool software imo. Besides Metro, it looks and works exactly like 7 imho. But nice interface.
inuyasha
Hey guys~ I just installed Windows 8 (though my old Windows XP still remains) and clicked around~

Honestly, Modern UI(or Metro) is really a good design, which is, I think, only suitable for pads with a touch screen. It makes me want to touch the screen on my laptop but ... Really disappointing. I can only operate it with my keyboard and mouse. And what's worse, my netbook, with a 1024x600 screen, can not load any applications in Modern UI.
I was looking forward to Windows 8 in the past months, simply because it was said to be boot and shut down much faster. But now the fact proves to be a little exaggerated.
Anyway, I feel quite good with it. Very Happy Simple, fast, customized~
cybersa
I heard that Windows 8 is selling 5x slower than Windows 7.
milkshake01
Windows 8 has been released.
codersfriend
I tried it.. There are some instances that it crashed but probably they are still developing that and updating is a good idea
oskurogsxr
Nah, i prefer windows 7. windows 8 i dont like it..... its so strange and windows 7 works GREAT
RosenCruz
W8 is actuall an integration of mobile,tablet and desktop windows. I believe this is MS'es strategy
Arrogant
Windows 8 wasnt a complete let down but i would rather shift to Linux
Metro mode is only good in touch screens.
I hate the new theme. Aero theme was much better
It felt like a very differnt thing
Blummer
Been using it since release preview state so far. Will continue using, works perfects, loads faster (maybe I've posted this once in this thread), drivers have been updated (at least, video driver has been downloaded recently) and etc..
lightwate
I've been using windows 8 for ~5 days now.

My first impression is that THIS SUCKS because the old start menu is gone. I was installing a lot of programs designed for the old windows so there are no tiles available for them. And it takes a lot of time to open them! (still have to go to the new start menu -> all apps and then search from there.)

I find it really hard to get used to the new start menu, but good thing I was able to find a program that imitates that. Once I've installed that program, it's been a really great experience!

It doesn't crash when I open so many tabs in chrome (they probably have a smarter way to manage memory or something). And i really love the super fast boot-up time (I think the laptop kind of hibernates so it boots up fast). The new UI is also simpler but it I guess it's subjective. It's okay for me though.

Then there is microsoft store, where you can download apps just like in an iPad. except there are way less apps to download.

Also, i was able to fresh install it from an iso file through virtual disk, right inside my old windows 7. So there's no problem if you don't have a cd drive. Plus, it configures all the bootloader configs and stuff haha
bennybumkins
Has anybody tried the all-in-one PC's much like the Sony Vaio Tap with Windows 8? Here in the UK the televison advert contains a young girl using one with a touch screen to draw pictures on MS Paint. However to me through the advertising and OS design it looks to be trying to emulate the IMac and Ipad type devices. I understand that the modern day consumer likes App friendly devices as it's ease of use and they look appealing. However on everyday hardware (Standard Desktops, Laptops e.t.c) is Windows 8 a viable choice over Windows 7?

It seems to me like Microsoft are trying to develop Windows 8 in combination with certain manufacturers to create a more solid end product for example Nokia, Sony e.t.c. It again seems to be an emulation of Apple.

I don't know how many people have seen Pirates of Silicon Valley but.... It seems like Apple did it first yet again.
twotrophy
At first, I thought that Windows 8 would turn the Windows operating system around. However, I realized that Window 8 isn't good for desktops and tablets. The program shortcuts at the start of the screen is too big. However, I heard that you can also use the previous desktop interface with Windows 8.
egclimo
Windows 8 has its problems. Some of these are immediate, others hypothetical (and potentially graver in nature). But I'm finding, as I write this using the operating system, having been playing games using the operating system, the negativity over Microsoft's latest Windows seems a little extreme.
Sure, the Start screen is annoying, and the way Microsoft wants to tie so much of it to a centralised account is very un-PC, but I'm a guy who uses his PC for games, writing, games, browsing the internet then more games. If you're much the same, and you're thinking about jumping in early with the new OS, you should know that it's nowhere near as bad as some will have you believe.
Sabbadon
I tried windows 8 professional, the "best thing" I've seen is that after installation, you get over 1 gb in 2 runs of windows updates.. anyway, I don't like it as I have not a touch screen at moment..
TheGremlyn
At work we got a Win8 touch screen laptop since a few staff/faculty decided to get Win8 computers and they couldn't figure out how to connect to the wireless or wired networks. I had to play around with it for a bit so I could develop user guides to help walk staff through configuring their computers. It worked out well but I have to say Win8 seems completely different from the Win7 interface I'm used to. Not having that start menu really made navigation a little awkward. The search function is really only good is you know what you're looking for, but if you can't jump to what you're looking for you can go to something else and navigate from there.

I also found it a little weird with the way you have to close applications. You can either drag them down from the top to close them or you can switch between two applications and hover the mouse in the upper left corner and right-click and hit close. It's a clumsy interface when you're using a mouse since it makes more sense to use your hand and fingers to navigate (swiping or dragging across the screen). It takes a bit more effort and I prefer using a mouse with minimal movements, maybe because I'm lazy.

The app screen is weird too. Instead of having that start menu where you could navigate to the programs installed on the computer, they're right up in front of you. With the MS default apps it looks ok, but when you add in a few of you own the icons just look weird because they don't have that same design. You can group them together in sections but it still looks like a jumbled mess.

I'm sticking with Win7.
codegeek
TheGremlyn wrote:
I also found it a little weird with the way you have to close applications. You can either drag them down from the top to close them or you can switch between two applications and hover the mouse in the upper left corner and right-click and hit close.

Thankfully, they haven't removed the old Alt+F4 shortcut, which is VERY handy to close the apps. I don't know why but I hate the dragging down approach. It seems way too cumbersome for such a simple task. I use Alt+F4 all the time.
limpands
Personally i think everything from Microsoft suck b**ls, but that's my opinion.
I had Windows 8 for like 4 months. I hate it.
sikender
I have been using Windows 8 for about two weeks now. It is fast than Windows 7 but their are some issues like the app crashes, etc. But overall its good.
zimmer
haluden wrote:

Windows 8 full version is not yet released. I guess the installer is only upgrade if you have windows 7.
IndieCthulhu
zimmer wrote:
haluden wrote:

Windows 8 full version is not yet released. I guess the installer is only upgrade if you have windows 7.

The full version of Windows 8 has been released in Australia for quiet a few months? They might be updating it still, but i mean c'mon they have been updating Windows XP for the past 10 years (yes it has been around that long) and some of my work computers with windows XP still get the occasional update.
Skumfuk
If you miss the start button you could always get ClassicShell.

It feels just like Windows 7 but enhanced Smile
andro27
Windows 8 is nice but win 7 is better. Problem is in start menu,and if you have expiriance that fix this.
Linux is free and better way for learn programming.
Pande
My biggest problem with 8 is not the annoying features, metro, or anything else. It's the fact that it's just an extension of a previous version, repackaged, then sold for money. I wouldn't mind if all these features came with a new codebase and approach, and a real CHANGE in use. Instead, I just feel like it's milking an existing product: like Downloadable Content in video games.
the-guide
I have ever used Windows 8 when it is available for testing, the operating sytem start and shut down faster than Windows 7 and work very well. However there a many features of Windows 8 that very annoyed and it is awkward, this is may be because it change a lot from Windows 7 so I not familiar with it. That is why I still stay with Windows 7.

Waiting to see Windows 9 (or Windows blue) it should be improve many features. It might be better and worthwhile for the money spent.

davorin
Have you have any idea when Windows 9 will be out for testing?
the-guide
The rumours say Windows 9 will be finished in July or August 2013 but don't know when it will be available for testing.

vinothsparrow
Windows 8 is best and faster Operating system in the market. I like to use Windows 8
dharmin
windows 8 really sucks, its kinda like windows vista...and they added those apps features to copy mac os... i think the next windows will be better.... Smile
the-guide
the-guide wrote:
The rumours say Windows 9 will be finished in July or August 2013 but don't know when it will be available for testing.

And last news (Wed, Mar 27, 2013) from Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/microsoft-debut-windows-blue-preview-summer-232125230.html).
Microsofts plan to make Windows Blue available to developers and enthusiasts at its Build developer conference in June.

playfungames
May be if I get a tablet or something with a touch screen, then I might be interested in Windows 8. But for now, Windows 7 is a better choice for me.

I have not used Windows 8 at all, I have seen a few video of it here and there.
ibraltan1
Many features of the program may not be welcomed by al the users. The new experience and interface is far from universally popular and while every interface is a matter of personal taste, the range of opinions about the Windows 8 interface is extreme even for the world of technology. Actually, it is hard to like the vitriolic arguments about the interface and Start screen far more than the experience of switching from the desktop and back. What is the system lack is the unified search of documents and emails in the Windows 8 desktop that you could start from the Start menu (which Microsoft tells us very few people used). The Search charm offers some of this, but only for files and 'modern' apps (so not Outlook or OneNote; OneNote MX is searchable but only opens notebooks from SkyDrive) and you can't see the search next to an open document. A wider selection of apps may deal with this but it's one of the few places the desktop feels like a second class citizen. Sad
sysna
The problem is simple, win 8 is not good and we have to wait for next windows probably win 9, the old beloved aero is now gone, the ugly metro which only works if you have a touch screen, the silly way to access start which doesn't let you open control panel easily for the first time ! and many many other silly things made me to stay away from win 8 for a while.

I have one simple question , a win 7 with boot speed of win 8 is a dream ? or will microsoft win 9 do that ?!
Arrogant
I prefer 8 rather than sticking with 7..
Windows 8 boots faster like in 11 seconds.. Shutdowns quickly
metro mode is also good
And troubleshooting options are quite improved
welshsteve
Personally I don't think it's worth upgrading to it unless you have a touch screen device. If you're buying new then unless you order online you'll have to go with Windows 8 as retailers like PC World only seem to offer Windows 8 these days.
davorin
Windows 8, in my opinion, much bettet than windows 7.
But, the problem with windows is in his interface. It's really very, very poor interface.

Best combinatio is that you take interface from windows 7, and everything else from windows 8.
That will be the best combination. Smile
ibraltan1
It must be admitted that Windows 8 shines most on a touchscreen system. Even older touch notebooks that were awkward to use with touch under Windows 7 give you a great experience and the latest tablets are fun and engaging to use (and features like rotation work immediately without you having to hunt down drivers). The mouse gestures mean that you can use Windows 8 without missing a touchscreen, but we really need edge gestures on trackpads and the Microsoft Touch Mouse to make it more natural. But touchscreen or mouse, Windows 8, undeniably, shines. The final desktop look makes the transition between Metro and desktop less obvious. Still, someone can still stay substantially in the desktop if he or she wants to and enjoy a faster, more secure version of Windows with a better browser that has longer battery life. But as more useful 'modern' apps come along, you'll find you split your time between the two experiences more and gestures could be critical to making that a natural combination. You must keep an open mind, spend some time getting used to the charm bar and the Start screen and I defy you not to be impressed by Windows 8.
mukesh
davorin wrote:
Have you have any idea when Windows 9 will be out for testing?

I think in 2015 - 16.
mukesh
davorin wrote:
Windows 8, in my opinion, much bettet than windows 7.
But, the problem with windows is in his interface. It's really very, very poor interface.

Best combinatio is that you take interface from windows 7, and everything else from windows 8.
That will be the best combination. Smile

According to me this time Win 7 is. Both Operation System I have and both using but in win 8 virus infected very shortly ( inbuilt MSE defender use no other antivirus ) but in win 7 is fine. About 1 years continue using no any virus problem found.
davorin
I do not dare to use the original Windows 8 interface on desktop computer.
I just can not handle on it.
I had to install the add that I have a desktop like in Windows 7
mukesh
vinothsparrow wrote:
Windows 8 is best and faster Operating system in the market. I like to use Windows 8

Windows 8 is really best and faster but i think one problem in it. In Windows 8 have no start bar. People which have knowledge about computer then they can manage but those people which know only to check mail and some little knowledge then must occur problem.
davorin
And the second problem with Windows 8 is that in original application interface application does not turn off
Arrogant
If I were you I would wait till Windows Blue is out.
Windows 8 has some bugs. I have problems in connectivity
davorin
Yes, this interface in Windows 8 it is assumed that everything works automatically. And in case of connectivity, it can be a very very big problem, if the connections are unstable.
ibraltan1
Many articles exist on bugs and goof ups of Windows 8 on the web, mentioning Windows 8 explorer titlebar bug, taskbar context menu bug, Windows 8 taskbar bug, task manager maximize option bug, Windows 8 start screen bug, aero glass transparency bug and many others. While Microsoft is currently working on Windows Blue, the first major upgrade for Windows 8. Besides this, Windows 9 is also being is also prepared by the company which is the next Windows operating system anticipated to be launched sometime next year. If this is correct, Windows 9 would arrive at approximately two years after its predecessor. As far as the Windows 9 features go, sources knowing the matter claim that Microsoft won’t bring back the Start button, but instead, it would spend effort developing the Start Screen and adding more adjustment options. In conclusion, applications for Start menu produced by other developers would become only choice for someone who wants a friendlier and intimate interface. Nevertheless Microsoft wants to all users must get accustom to its Start Screen before the new Windows released.
Pande
Not to mention the graphical rendering bugs prevalent in Windows since the beginning are STILL there in windows 8... very noticeable when using a lot of CPU or high memory, other OS have no problem whatsoever.

(symtoms include: parts of a window (even in explorer) being all white, or taking a while to appear, fragments of windows being left on the screen when dragging it around, and the task bar leaving a black box behind it when it hides itself, until fully hidden)
ibraltan1
Microsoft has revealed all details about the across the board update to Windows 8, now declared as Windows 8.1 and previously known as Windows Blue.

What the big news is that the Start button has came back to Windows 8 with Windows 8.1, despite the fact that it still directs to the Start screen instead of the Start menu. There is also more combination of the desktop and Start screen to prevent inharmonious structure of two interfaces. The desktop and Modern UI interfaces are now more integrated and a lot of Windows 8.1 improvements have been designed to achieve this purpose.
Reviewers claim that it's more than a service pack. They talk about faster Performance. The interface feels more dependable and easier to understand. The enhanced PC settings provide the mass of control panel options an easy, plain interface.

The final build is going to have a boot-to-desktop feature. Windows 8.1 is announced to advance mobile computing's potential and the touch experience
Smile
ibraltan1
There are lots of improvements in Windows 8.1: Lock screen slideshow: you can convert tablet or your PC into a frame of picture by adjusting your Lock screen a slide show of your pictures. This is possible locally on the device or from Microsoft SkyDrive. The Start screen advances: More colours and backgrounds for the Start screen are possible with Windows 8.1. It also enables users to choose their desktop background as Start screen background. Different tile sizes: The Windows 8.1 start screen includes a group of tile sizes including a new small and new big tile. Besides this rearranging tiles are much more comfortable. It is possible to now select multiple apps all at once (just press and hold it), resize them, uninstall them, or rearrange them into a group. The ability to filter apps by name, date installed, most used, or by category is added. Microsoft has improved The Start screen in such a way that it now is able to work with all screen sizes more effectively - Microsoft claims that Windows 8.1 really can scale from 27-inch devices to 8-inch tablets.
kolaylezzet
It seems Microsoft again found a way to survive. Lots of improvements have been made. Thanks for summarising them. Are there any other important points?
ibraltan1
Bing search engine now empowers the Windows with an aggregated search system from the internet, SkyDrive, your files, and everywhere. Enhancements are very clear in terms of integration of applications and the desktop. The Search charm overlays a Search pane on the desktop. In addition to this new improvements have been made to included applications such as Xbox Music, Mail, applications for fitness and food. A new version of Office is waiting to launch. Extra options for filtering mails are added to Mail. A lot more editing options included in the Photos application. Creating Photosynth panoramas is now possible within The Photos application in which you can easily edit and modify your photos. Apart from these multiple applications can be seen on the same screen in different ways. Multiple windows of the same application can be snapped together. It is now possible to have two Internet Explorer windows. Besides this multi-tasking and multi-monitor use are now easier with Windows 8.1. Smile
Pippo90
When Microsoft will release by the end of this year the promised update in order to make W8 more manageable on Desktop PCs (without touchscreens), I will definitely switch from W7 to W8.
andro27
Win 7 is better then win8, and I amnot going on win8.Microsoft not make good job with new operating system.Maybe for new people wro like colours but nothing else.
ibraltan1
Microsoft added some superior new features to Windows 8.1 such as integration, Modern interface and from a Start button and boot-to-desktop option to SkyDrive. On the other hand some properties of Windows 8 have been removed. First of all since there is now a new better way of backup named as File History, Windows 7′s old backup tools are no longer exist. A system image backup creation or restoration from one, it is necessary to use third-party backup program.
The Windows Experience Index that run automatically to generate updated ratings after graphics card driver updates, and can consume a lot of system resources running benchmarks in the background has also been removed. Besides this Libraries no longer appear by default in the File Explorer app. In its place, there is SkyDrive integration. Without installing extra software SkyDrive cloud storage can be used. Microsoft re-added Start button. A part of the communication suite, the Messaging application is not in action in Windows 8.1. Maybe some of them could be back in the final release.
alvarorojas4
andro27 wrote:
Win 7 is better then win8, and I amnot going on win8.Microsoft not make good job with new operating system.Maybe for new people wro like colours but nothing else.

I agree with you...
vixxxxx
haluden wrote:

yes thats right..driver signature problem is very annonying us
RikenAvadur
It's standard Microsoft procedure actually. Release a stable and robust OS, and then follow it up with something that simply does not appeal/does not work. They developed a tablet OS for PC's, and wondered why it didn't sell.

Although the Surface is kinda cool.

-Riken
sysna
Windows 8.1 (which i call service pack 1 of win Cool is just going to be released in my place soon. But anyway i haven't read anything good about it, changes some things but doesn't give you the great feel of win 7 in your laptop.

Why just microsoft doesn't built win 8 on 3 categories instead of 2 , i mean currently it has one for arm platform and other for intel/amd ones but i think the tablet/pc version should be splitted to 1. touch devices and 2. non touch devices which we can get rid of metro UI and have old start menu without needing any 3rd party app in our laptops and pcs.
Arrogant
I had a lot of connectivity problems in windows 8.
A lot of minor bugs
ibraltan1
Microsoft has solved many of the interface problems and anomalies of Windows 8. They have also cleaned up the operation system's difficult edges and introduced some nice and useful new features and applications. As an operating system, Windows 8 remains a dual-interface -- the touch-oriented modern interface which was previously called as Metro and the desktop. However desktop one is less frustrating to use and a little better integrated than what is previously. The modifications that have been made didn't solve all of Window 8's problems, but they made it more acceptable to use. Improvements in terms of the start screen and the desktop, development of the search function, new and updated applications such as The Photos application, The Food and Drink application, The Reading List application cannot be ignored. Nevertheless, it is clear that all the problems have not been eradicated from Windows 8. Indeed personal habits, familiarity, routines that people got accustomed to are sometimes more important when evaluating something new.
nelson
I am using window 7 and did not use window 8 yet. Can anyone tell me about feature which are different from window 7?
ibraltan1
The main differences of Windows 8 from Windows 7: When you log in to Windows 8, the first screen you see is the new ‘Start Screen’, also known as ‘Metro’. It still has the familiar ‘Desktop’ as well but we’ll come to that in a minute. Instead of Icons, the new Start screen has ‘Tiles’. You click these to open your ‘Apps’ (short for Applications). If you can’t find a particular tile, do a right mouse click in the space at the bottom of the screen and click All Apps.
Windows 8 comes with an antivirus program called ‘Defender’. Apps don’t have to be closed by clicking a X in the corner – instead, just press the Windows key on your keyboard to return to the Start Screen. Optionally, an app can be closed by dragging it down from the top of the screen with your mouse, with the left button held down – or with your finger if you are using a touchscreen. http://digitalunite.com/guides/computer-basics/windows-8/what-are-differences-between-windows-7-and-windows-8#sthash.BJfnziGm.dpuf
ibraltan1
Apart from above differences, there are also some other important points: Windows 8 didn’t have a Start Menu. Instead, it has a ‘Charms Bar’ (see right) which is where you go to shut down and use other tools such as ‘Search’. Whereas in Windows 7 you might have used Windows Live Mail for your email, Windows 8 has a new ‘Mail’ app.
Instead of having separate contacts for email, Skype and social networking e.g. Facebook, you will find all your contacts together in the new 'People' app. As mentioned above, Windows 8 does still have a Desktop similar to Windows 7. To find this, click the Desktop tile. Traditional programs such as Microsoft Word open on the desktop in the normal way and still have to be closed using the X in the top right hand corner. Windows 8 includes two versions of Internet Explorer 10, one which opens from a tile on the Start screen and also one which looks more like version 9 and opens from an icon on the Desktop. Programs can still be pinned to the taskbar by right clicking your mouse on an icon in the taskbar and choosing Pin this program to taskbar. - See more at: http://digitalunite.com/guides/computer-basics/windows-8/what-are-differences-between-windows-7-and-windows-8#sthash.BJfnziGm.dpuf
Windows 8.1 improved some aspects of Windows 8.0.