FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Pencil Drawing - What do you think?

sixstring_psycho
Just a pencil draing I did during my teen years. Not original.. it was in the back of some comic book. Wish I still had time to draw these days, but now computers and guitar playing has taken up my free time! Sorry that it is so big, couldn't figure out how to make it smaller on here without editing the picture on my computer.

ocalhoun
If it's traced, hey that's pretty good.

If it was done freehand... well, you should definitely drop one of the other hobbies and focus on art instead, that's amazing!
cybersa
Very Nice.
As said by ocalhoun,You can focus on Art.
sixstring_psycho
ocalhoun wrote:
If it's traced, hey that's pretty good.

If it was done freehand... well, you should definitely drop one of the other hobbies and focus on art instead, that's amazing!

Thanks I drew it freehand from an advertisement that was in the back of an X-Men comic. I was looking at the date (1989 - I always dated anything I drew) and thought, "OMG! I did that 23 years ago!!!" lol But I know I would not stop playing guitar... I have been playing for around 20some years...
ankurthakur
That is so nice... Smile

I like that people has these good interests and hobbies along with their current work. My classmate also made some sketches and they were just awesome. But he just do that for his hobby, not professionally.
sixstring_psycho
ankurthakur wrote:
That is so nice... Smile

I like that people has these good interests and hobbies along with their current work. My classmate also made some sketches and they were just awesome. But he just do that for his hobby, not professionally.

Thank you! I use to draw a lot, but not anymore. I sold a design for a music store's shirt logo, painted a window for an arcade hall (that was many years ago, they don't have those anymore! lol), and sold some flash work to a tattoo shop. I really have been thinking about getting back into art again if I can find the time to do it. I have some bigger ones, but cannot figure out how to scan them because they are 4 times bigger than the scanner. I tried doing it in 4 pieces, then using a program to fit them all together, but everything didn't align up right. I may post some more of the small ones later...
GuidanceReader
sixstring_psycho wrote:
I have some bigger ones, but cannot figure out how to scan them because they are 4 times bigger than the scanner. I tried doing it in 4 pieces, then using a program to fit them all together, but everything didn't align up right.

I'd photograph them, to show them off in that case... people will see the image, even if it isn't as good of a quality as a scan. I like the ones you have posted.
sixstring_psycho
GuidanceReader wrote:
sixstring_psycho wrote:
I have some bigger ones, but cannot figure out how to scan them because they are 4 times bigger than the scanner. I tried doing it in 4 pieces, then using a program to fit them all together, but everything didn't align up right.

I'd photograph them, to show them off in that case... people will see the image, even if it isn't as good of a quality as a scan. I like the ones you have posted.

Thanks for your input. I could have used one of my paint or photo programs, but I found out that I could easily resize them at Photobucket.com. I already have an account with them and have been resizing them today for posting at another place.
menino
These drawings are really good sixstring_psycho. Way to go.
You should make time for it, at least a little time for it, as a hobby even will suffice.

You should try drawing on the tablet's with a stylus, if you can afford one. I think they are more affordable now than before, but you have to get used to them, I guess.
Plus, with it, its more convenient to draw, since you can erase easily, as well as add color, and a lot of "undo" options as well.
OR, if the tablet is beyong your budget, you could use your mouse and try to get used to that with paintbrush or gimp even.
sixstring_psycho
menino wrote:
These drawings are really good sixstring_psycho. Way to go.
You should make time for it, at least a little time for it, as a hobby even will suffice.

You should try drawing on the tablet's with a stylus, if you can afford one. I think they are more affordable now than before, but you have to get used to them, I guess.
Plus, with it, its more convenient to draw, since you can erase easily, as well as add color, and a lot of "undo" options as well.
OR, if the tablet is beyong your budget, you could use your mouse and try to get used to that with paintbrush or gimp even.

Thanks for the compliment! I really can't afford much these days with the economy the way it is, and a tornado wiped out half of the city of Joplin last year. It is still not built up. I tried to get a job in construction... but that is a different story. GIMP? I just downloaded that the other day, I want to give that prog a try sometime soon. Once again, thanks! And have a good day!
bruisjem
This is very nice drawing i can say it is best art. Pencil art is one of the best art which is not easy to learn. Pencil spinning is affect more in this type of drawing.
milkshake01
That's great. How long did it took you?
forsh
Wow, 1989!? You had skill you should keep persuing it...
shumicpi
Oh amazing stuff from you. Brilliant sketching.
shophm370
Really cool!
barneyerikson899
Wow!! i am very impressed with your lovely sketch.
RichaAgarwal
Awesome sketches...even i have some charcoal pencil sketches but i cannot scan as all are framed one...
jestoy0514
Nice drawings. I used to draw but mostly copying things only. I lack in in cretivity. Very Happy
standready
I don't care if it is not an original design. That is a well done copy.