FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

I started my own business today

medesignz
Today i received word from Companies House (uk) that my business has now been approved and I am able to trade.

Lets all raise a glass..

Its all very much, setting in, but I hope I can share with you the processes I will be going through to make the business a success Very Happy
Ankhanu
Great news! Here's to prosperity.
ankurthakur
Good Luck with your Business Very Happy
medesignz
Thanks for your well wishes...

I dont plan on really getting it rolling until June/July time though
jmi256
Congrats.
But I am just curious: what is "Companies House"? Do you have to get your business approved by the government before you can start in the UK? Or something like that?
c'tair
Yes OP, please explain what is Companies House. And what does your business do? Do you plan to employ a lot of people?
Really curious here Smile
medesignz
Companies House is the United Kingdom Registrar of Companies and is an Executive Agency of the United Kingdom Government Department for Business, Innovation and Skills (BIS).
jmi256
What does Companies House do, though? Do you have to get their permission/approval before you can start a business?
medesignz
well, officially yes... But you can trade before as long as your intent is to eventually get incorporated.

Its a governing body to ensure good business etc
mathiaus
So this is a limited company rather than just trading as a sole trader/partnership?

Wow and congratulations Applause

What is you do and most importantly, can we be of any help in any way?
inoshi
Cheers mate!
medesignz
my business is about UK small businesses and connecting them to form great business relationships with event organisers...

a little more complicated than that, but thats the gist of it Wink
Bluedoll
Congrats on your new venture and finding a new work field. Not sure what an event organizer is but happy connecting. Smile
medesignz
Bluedoll wrote:
Congrats on your new venture and finding a new work field. Not sure what an event organizer is but happy connecting. Smile

Thanks for all your kind words... If anyone needs any help organizing an event, i'll be happy to share my tips Very Happy
nigam
congratulations! good luck on your business and i am pretty sure that it will be a successful one....
medesignz
hehe, i hope so...

I had a phone call from the bank today, and theyre unable to make my meeting tomorrow...

Bankers being unreliable? NEVER

HAHA, I'll forgive them... just this once Wink
mukesh
medesignz wrote:
Today i received word from Companies House (uk) that my business has now been approved and I am able to trade.

Lets all raise a glass..

Its all very much, setting in, but I hope I can share with you the processes I will be going through to make the business a success Very Happy

cong.. and good luck medesignz Smile
medesignz
mukesh wrote:
cong.. and good luck medesignz Smile

Thanks very much, when I make my first million I'll have to make a nice donation to FriHost some how Wink
johans
Congratulations...

keep it up..

Cheers!!

Very Happy
medesignz
johans wrote:
Congratulations...

keep it up..

Cheers!!

Very Happy

Thanks very much for your kind words Smile
RichardM55
Congratulations and very good luck in your business!!!! You must be very brave person especially in these hard times.

I have been thinking to launch my business but I have not got crystallized concept what I could do the best. I am pretty good in electronics and also in repairing photos too. Even I have created my own website (very simple) about it and I won't earn million doing this. Now I am going to create my website about electronics, too, but more sophisticated this time.
medesignz
RichardM55 wrote:
Congratulations and very good luck in your business!!!! You must be very brave person especially in these hard times.

I have been thinking to launch my business but I have not got crystallized concept what I could do the best. I am pretty good in electronics and also in repairing photos too. Even I have created my own website (very simple) about it and I won't earn million doing this. Now I am going to create my website about electronics, too, but more sophisticated this time.

In all honesty, I dont think everyone should be running a business if they feel that its pointless if they cant make millions from it.

I dont expect to make any where near that amount of money from my business concept, but over time it will adapt and change, and in all honesty, the most important thing to me would be the fact i am my own boss Smile
menino
Its great that you are starting your own business. Hope it works out well for you.

And from the looks of it, you are getting a loan / capital from the bank to finance your ideas.
So I take it you already made a good business plan, and also know about fund raising, sales and marketing for your business?
medesignz
menino wrote:
Its great that you are starting your own business. Hope it works out well for you.

And from the looks of it, you are getting a loan / capital from the bank to finance your ideas.
So I take it you already made a good business plan, and also know about fund raising, sales and marketing for your business?

Thanks, menino!

I am not getting a loan or bank overdraft, but have capital set for the time being.

The way the business works is not on product, but service, so I dont have a lot of outlay to build stock.

What I am doing, I have been doing for a long time as a hobby, but my day job is getting a bit stale, so have decided to dip my toes in... BUT I shall be working part time to ensure my rent and bills are paid, as without a roof over my head, I am nobody Smile
nazal12
So this is a limited company rather than just trading as a sole trader/partnership?

Wow and congratulations Applause

What is you do and most importantly, can we be of any help in any way?
medesignz
It is still yet to start trading... I am a bit surprised I havent heard from my bank yet... EEP

I decided on Limited company, as a sole trader would not be the right direction for me... I hope to be employing others within the next 6-9 months
williamluu
congratulations on starting your new business. I'm also looking to start a business - once I have that crucial business idea Smile
kenxeiko
Congrats on starting it..
I wish you can keep it up..

And maybe become bigger, bigger, bigger, and bigger.. Razz

Well anyways, good luck.. Wink
sathym
Good luck bro !
medesignz
kenxeiko wrote:
Congrats on starting it..
I wish you can keep it up..

And maybe become bigger, bigger, bigger, and bigger.. Razz

Well anyways, good luck.. Wink

Haha... that is the plan...

Thanks for the well wishes
johans
Chinese believes that if you open a business this year 2012 it will be a good fortune and its the best time to open a business, As fungshui expert the year of the dragon water is the best to open up a new business .... that's why i also open up a business this year.. lol.

Good luck to all. Smile
kbaijnat
Best of luck to you. Starting a business can be rough! Stick with it though and it will pay off sooner or later (hopefully Wink )
90dota
fightting! god bless you!
johans
yep; keep fighting in order to survive..
medesignz
I have no intentions of fighting anyone haha.

Today would have been start of trading, but I was away and only just now got online

So official start of business is Tomorrow...

Sit back, relax and we're all having a good time Razz

STill no fighting though Wink
busaboss
Congratulations to you for your new business. I hope that you would be successful in your field. Goodluck and more power!
justify
medesignz wrote:

Lets all raise a glass..

well done frnd ... i wish you all success and congrats .. may god will always be with you
medesignz
Thanks to everyone Smile

I have been able to reduce my every day work to just 15hrs per week, so that gives me more time to focus.

Lil update there for ya Wink
ZeytinGrafik
congratulations! hope it'll be good for you.
medesignz
ZeytinGrafik wrote:
congratulations! hope it'll be good for you.
Thank you so much Smile
Lishmares
Good luck with your business i hope you will get rich and if you do, i hope you will think about us who wishes the best for you...Just kiding congrats!
zimmer
Lishmares wrote:
Good luck with your business i hope you will get rich and if you do, i hope you will think about us who wishes the best for you...Just kiding congrats!

Yeah! dont forget us if you get rich!... do you best.. we support you..
medesignz
zimmer wrote:
Yeah! dont forget us if you get rich!... do you best.. we support you..
What do you mean by rich?
medesignz
Davolutiion wrote:
congratz, have fun
Thanks very much. Lately in this country the banks have been told to lend to start up small businesses, so that should keep me happy if I ever need a loan Smile