FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Unable to log into FTP

jmi256
I have tried logging into the FTP for my site, and I have always used the same login/password combo I use for DirectAdmin, etc., but I could not get in last night. Is there a way to reset the password?
cybersa
Just now checked my FTP account.
It is working well.

Tips:
Host:your web address
Username:Your Username
Password:Your Pass
Port:21
sonam
Try to change FTP in passive mode or active mode. For Dreamweaver is necessary to set passive mode.

Sonam
Bondings
jmi256 wrote:
I have tried logging into the FTP for my site, and I have always used the same login/password combo I use for DirectAdmin, etc., but I could not get in last night. Is there a way to reset the password?

Are you still able to log in to DirectAdmin with that username and password? And can you maybe try on another computer if ftp works there (in case you have easy access to another computer)?
jmi256
Bondings wrote:
jmi256 wrote:

Are you still able to log in to DirectAdmin with that username and password? And can you maybe try on another computer if ftp works there (in case you have easy access to another computer)?

I am able to get into DirectAdmin using the same login/password, just not the FTP. However, I used Windows Explorer from another computer, and I was able to get access. It may be an issue with the network where I work.
Bondings
It is probably the network then, so I doubt I can do something about it unfortunately.
Possum
Just tries to upload some updates to my page and I have got exactly the same problem.
Vanilla
Same problem here. I have always used the same username/password (I have both saved on my FTP) and they simply stopped working. I tried to create a new FTP account but I keep getting the same error message: login incorrect.

EDIT: error message when trying to connect to FTP via my Wordpress admin panel.

Quote:
ERROR: There was an error connecting to the server, Please verify the settings are correct.

Settings are correct.
cybersa
Working well here.
I'm from server 4.
Vanilla
Looks like my FTP is working again. Very Happy

I'm using server 2. Wink
Bondings
Is it working again for the others here too? The ftp process was probably not working correctly for everyone and after a restart started working fine again - at least I hope it's working fine again.
Possum
All is well again.. FTP working well!!!

Anyway I learnt a new trick. Zip all updated files. Upload in browser and unpack on one go.
infinity_xpeed
Possum wrote:
All is well again.. FTP working well!!!

Anyway I learnt a new trick. Zip all updated files. Upload in browser and unpack on one go.

do u know how to sign to ftp?
Possum
Im not too sure what you mean.

I use FileZilla and use Frihost setting to upload files to the Frihost Site. If you need advice on how to do this. I will help you.
nickfyoung
jmi256 wrote:

My hosting has been granted and I have the email with the username and password but can't log in to any of the links given. I just get check username and password. What am I doing wrong..
Bondings
nickfyoung wrote:
jmi256 wrote:

My hosting has been granted and I have the email with the username and password but can't log in to any of the links given. I just get check username and password. What am I doing wrong..

Please note that your username is different than your forum username (first 8 characters normally). Maybe try to copy-paste both of them?
nickfyoung
Bondings wrote:
nickfyoung wrote:
jmi256 wrote:

Please note that your username is different than your forum username (first 8 characters normally). Maybe try to copy-paste both of them?
\

Yes the username they sent me was the first 8 letters of my forum username but won't log in.
Bondings
nickfyoung wrote:
Yes the username they sent me was the first 8 letters of my forum username but won't log in.

I just tried it with the username/password from the pm and I was able to log in to DirectAdmin.

Please try to copy-paste the username/password of the "your hosting details" pm into
http://www.internetmarketing.frihost.org:2222/ .

Which error do you get when you try to log in? Or is maybe port 2222 blocked by your firewall/router/isp? Or do you have cookies disabled or something similar?
nickfyoung
Bondings wrote:
nickfyoung wrote:

I just tried it with the username/password from the pm and I was able to log in to DirectAdmin.

Please try to copy-paste the username/password of the "your hosting details" pm into
http://www.internetmarketing.frihost.org:2222/ .

Which error do you get when you try to log in? Or is maybe port 2222 blocked by your firewall/router/isp? Or do you have cookies disabled or something similar?

In now, thank you..