FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

career or your love ones?

johans
where do you choose if your relationship is long distance and your love ones ask you to move over her place..

which do you preferred... CAREER or LOVE ?
blazy
career
cybersa
Now a day Career is very important thing in the life.
First Career then love.

What you think about moving her to your near place?
Coen
The situation you have described is very black and white. I think I would see if it would be possible to come up with some sort of compromise. All I know is that I would not sacrifice my career straight away.
nigam
my partner went abroad to find a greener pasture and to give support to our family. it is not easy to be away from a family....most of the time, we think we need each other...but thinking for our childrens future...we need to be strong for our family...and i think career is also important in order to support our family even though it hurts but thats life.....
GuidanceReader
I think it would depend on many factors. How long have you been with your loved one? How long have you been pursuing your career? Is your career currently stable and did it take a lot of effort to get there? How easy would it be to relocate your career and keep up your desired career path? Are there other options, including moving your loved one to where your career is?

What reasons are behind the fact that you're the one who has to decide on the career/love? Whose career is easier to relocate? Are any of the current inhibitions temporary (i.e. your loved one can't move to you because they are studying)?

This kind of decision is never clear cut.
johans
she is also stable with his career. working with medical technologies. but the location is remote and i could not find good job in that location. I.T works more in progressive cities..

As of know, finding work here in my country is noble. This is what i am very disappointing with my country, corruption give us all sacrifice with this politics.. my life, our life here gives us no satisfaction from these political mans.

As we all know Information Technology career is fluctuating. Sometimes we are in good shape with depends on company income because our department/section I.T is expense department/section.

i guess i need sacrifice with all this situation right now that's the only option i know.
belltown
GuidanceReader wrote:
I think it would depend on many factors. How long have you been with your loved one? How long have you been pursuing your career? Is your career currently stable and did it take a lot of effort to get there? How easy would it be to relocate your career and keep up your desired career path? Are there other options, including moving your loved one to where your career is?

What reasons are behind the fact that you're the one who has to decide on the career/love? Whose career is easier to relocate? Are any of the current inhibitions temporary (i.e. your loved one can't move to you because they are studying)?

This kind of decision is never clear cut.

I agree with GuidanceReader's opinion. I would add that in a relationship, presenting your partner with the kind of ultimatum such as: "If you love me, you'll do X for me" (where X=move to a different location, or change jobs/careers, etc.) works both ways. Your partner can turn that around and say, "If you love me, you wouldn't ask me to do X". There has to be some form of compromise that will serve both parties, otherwise it may be worth examinng whether this is the right relationship to be in.
jrzipagan03
i prefer both. if you can manage your time wisely, why not both right?it just depends on how will you control the pressure.
andro_king
carrear is important to live a life.. but love is more important to live life happily...
johans
Quote:
carrear is important to live a life.. but love is more important to live life happily...

both conflicts each other but i agree.. I think this is reality.

Very Happy
hediye
thanks guys
pauline5765
Career and love are two different things. You need a career for yourself and for the people around you (especially your loved one). You need love for yourself to be happy.

One cannot cease to exist for the other. This will just bring great misfortune.

If you have a career without love, then your life will be dull. You will lose interest altogether and would feel lonely for every day of your life (except, of course, if you really do prefer to be alone). Day after day will pass without you noticing and life would be just like a routine that goes on and on.

If you have love without a career, then life would be very hard not only on you, but on the both of you (along with other people who depend on you financially). You have to put food on the table. And you won't fulfill your ambitions and material wants in life. You would feel bitter and pitiful and it's not a good thing for the mood. It can be the source of frustration. This will lead to a lengthy war with your loved one(s).

A really successful person will be able to balance both things.. and would both have a career and love.