FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

How can I switch domains without losing anything?

luciferfawkes
I'm looking to switch my site from .tk to co.cc but I don't want to lose any of my work as I've put a lot of work and time into the site.

Please help, I'd greatly appreciate it. Thank you.
Bondings
luciferfawkes wrote:
I'm looking to switch my site from .tk to co.cc but I don't want to lose any of my work as I've put a lot of work and time into the site.

Please help, I'd greatly appreciate it. Thank you.

In DirectAdmin, go to domain management and change the domain name there to the new one. You might also need to change every mention of your old domain name to the new one in your software configuration/html files.
Hexes
Co.cc is realy bad idea since it is ignored by google. It is blocked because there was a lot of illegal actions registered under this free domain name. Stick with .tk (not the best choice but it is free) or register global domain like .com, .net or .org. It is much safer and you could redirect it whenever you want.
k_s_baskar
you can also use domain alias.
login to your direct admin control panel, select you old domain and goto domain pointers in Advanced Features category and give the new domain name. It will even work if your old domain expired.