FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Music you listen to while coding

What kind of music are you listening to while coding?
Electronic
25%
 25%  [ 2 ]
Classic
12%
 12%  [ 1 ]
Rock
37%
 37%  [ 3 ]
Jazz
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Ambient
25%
 25%  [ 2 ]
Pop
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 8

chrmina
What kind of music are you listening to while coding?
ratanegra
I'd say 'heavy metal', but it's not there. I think it's my favorite music for almost everything... except for composing music, when I prefer it quiet to have the music only in my head.
Radar
I love that it's assumed that you do listen to music while coding. I understand how you get to that assumption, but for the most part, I don't listen to music while coding. I find it distracting.
daikirai
Whichever shuffled by my foobar2000 library, I'm too lazy to change tracks when I start to code xD but it's mostly Rock, I believe.
Ankhanu
Radar wrote:
I love that it's assumed that you do listen to music while coding. I understand how you get to that assumption, but for the most part, I don't listen to music while coding. I find it distracting.

Isn't the question only relevant if you do?
daikirai wrote:
Whichever shuffled by my foobar2000 library, I'm too lazy to change tracks when I start to code xD but it's mostly Rock, I believe.

Been a while since I've coded anything, but, yeah, I have my entire library on random when I code or work. Mostly rock-based genres (indie, post-punk, new-wave, grunge, alternative, post-rock, etc.)
pazis
Brutal Death Metal. When I code, it made my head comes to the solution as fast as possible by its fast tempo...
cybersa
Always I wont hear to music while coding.
But sometimes I hear to Background musics of POP songs.
I get that from YouTubes Smile
chrmina
I guess heavy metal should be included. Substitute with "Rock" Wink
Also "Nothing" should be included, but the poll is about the music you listen, nothing being no music!
deanhills
I like epic war music or music that has lots of urgency and action in it.
chrmina
deanhills wrote:
I like epic war music or music that has lots of urgency and action in it.

I like that! I have similar music from various soundtracks and you just gave me the idea of creating a compilation. Music like the one from Pirates of the Caribbean (end credits) [Hans Zimmer] for example...

c'tair
I like mostly ambient music, something soothing but with a nice rhythm. I really like the Tron Legacy soundtrack. The music is just lively enough to make your blood flow, but deep and soothing enough not to interrupt your thoughts with lyrics and such. It's also my fave album for learning. Have a look:

chrmina
I found this website today that provides "mixes intended for listening while programming to aid concentration and increase productivity (also compatible with other activities)."

I will give it a try...

http://musicforprogramming.net/

The site states:

Quote:
Through years of trial and error - skipping around internet radio stations, playing our entire music collections on shuffle, or just hammering single albums on repeat, we have found that the most effective music to aid prolonged periods of intense concentration tends to have a mixture of the following qualities:

Drones
Noise
Fuzz
Field recordings
Vague memories (Hypnagogia)
Textures without rhythm
Minor complex chords
Early music (Baroque, lute, harpsichord)
Very few drums or vocals
Synth arpeggios
Awesome
Walls of reverb

Music possessing these qualities can often provide just the right amount of interest to occupy the parts of your brain that would otherwise be left free to wander and lead to distraction during your work.
weableandbob
Various kinds of electronic music (dubstep, house, hard dance, etc.), although that's mostly what I listen to anyways xD
Tempeleanu
Rap almost everytime.
nextime
i recomend rock because make you always sprit,.
If u listening classic i belive you will tired..
Wkwkwk =))
albertkleiner
When I start programming a listen to quite music. But when I am starting to get tired (and / or late at night) I switch to rock.

Quote:
Rap almost everytime.

No idea how anybody can listen to rap while coding - with lyrics its hard to concentrate.
RasselSnow
Only Classic.