FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

I just got a new Dog.

Robert_Redbeard
His name is Baxter. My girl named him.

He's a buckskin color Pitbull. 8 weeks old and cute as hell for a pit. I have never had a pit before so it should be interesting to see how he trains up campaired to the German Spepherd's I am used to handling.

Already he is different though. My other dogs didn't really play fight at this age. Baxter has a one track mind. Chew on daddy. He's really good with my GF though.

Pictures and YouTube videos will be forthcoming.
mochipie
Aww, I'm so jealous. Smile Any particular meaning behind the name? It's a pretty unusual one, as far as I'm concerned.

Looking forward to seeing the pictures and videos. I'm a sucker for cute puppies...
Robert_Redbeard
mochipie wrote:
Aww, I'm so jealous. Smile Any particular meaning behind the name? It's a pretty unusual one, as far as I'm concerned.

Looking forward to seeing the pictures and videos. I'm a sucker for cute puppies...

My GF named the dog. I usually don't name a dog for a while until something happens for the dog to earn it. So far I would have named it Chewy. Because he is always trying to eat me. He literally wakes me up in the morning by chewing on the nearest exposed body part.
figen7272
My can turkey-sivas-kangal big dog and very power
Coen
Good luck raising the dog, pitbulls can be a lot to handle I'm sure Razz
Hexes
If it's possible post a photo so we could see how buckskin color pitbull looks like Smile I am going to buy german shepherd in like 2 years. I had one before but our flat is a bit too small so we gaved him to our friends. Now I have bigger one and it will be fine to get a dog. Good luck with your trainings.
Robert_Redbeard
We'll see if this works. This is a link to his photo album on my facebook page. If you can't view it because we are not friends, just send me a request and I will friend ya.

Baxter's Photos
cybersa
Link cannot be accessible by me.
I think due to Login.

Better you can post here.
Waiting to see it Wink
Robert_Redbeard
cybersa wrote:
I think due to Login.

Waiting to see it Wink

Here is a Twitter link.

Baxter on Twitter @RobertRedbeard

I will follow anyone who follows me as well.
miteY
I've been trying to raise dogs for some time now, but it doesn't just work out. So how do you manage it, taking care of all those dogs I mean?

I'd love to raise an Alsatian. I just love them, but I can't seem to be able to live with them!
cybersa
Robert_Redbeard wrote:
cybersa wrote:
I think due to Login.

Waiting to see it Wink

Here is a Twitter link.

Baxter on Twitter @RobertRedbeard

I will follow anyone who follows me as well.

Your Baxter attracts me.
Baxter looks very beautiful.

Thanks for the picture.
Robert_Redbeard
miteY wrote:
I've been trying to raise dogs for some time now, but it doesn't just work out. So how do you manage it, taking care of all those dogs I mean?

I'd love to raise an Alsatian. I just love them, but I can't seem to be able to live with them!

It takes a huge amount of patience when you get then as a pup. But I wouldn't have it any other way. Every dog I have gotten as a rescue or when they were older just had to much wrong with them for me to handle. It is much easier to never let them get a bad habit than to break them of one that they have had for a long time.

The thing to remember when you get them as a pup is that nothing they are doing is personal. You have to pay attention to them and develope the ability to read them. They will do the same as time goes by. It is easier to encourage the behaviors that you want rather than break them of habits you don't.

I like to just make a really big deal out of something they do right when I see them doing it naturally. I have had some dogs that did some insanely cool stuff. One would even play at the park like he was a kid. Swings, slides, you name it he loved it. And the kids got a real kick out of it.

It really is like having a second job though. Be good to them and they will do almost anything you ask. It is a matter of how much they trust you.
Robert_Redbeard
Glad you liked the picture cybersa. He is a good looking pup. I can't wait to see what he looks like as he grows bigger. His dad and mom were huge.
Robert_Redbeard
All my pictures of him so far are on my iPod Touch. Not sure I can mobile upload to these forums. I have a new computer so I will get it set up to run my iPod syncs. But it may be a few days before I have the time to mess with it. I have been working on my sites and getting the new desktop set up for my video work.

Total pain.
abhizz
Nice name, waiting for some cute pictures of your new dog
airh3ad
You need to take care your dog like Vaccines protect animals and people from specific viral and bacterial infections. They are not a treatment. If your pet gets sick because he is not properly vaccinated, the vaccination should be given after your companion animal recovers. one more thing Daily inspections of your dog for fleas and ticks during the warm seasons are important. Use a flea comb to find and remove fleas. There are several new methods of flea and tick control. Speak to your veterinarian about these and other options.also the teeth visit Veterinarians can clean the teeth as a regular part of your dog's health program.
mochipie
Awww he looks super cute and also strangely calm for a puppy. Smile I'd definitely rather have the chewing with the puppy than no chewing and no puppy. Unfortunately, don't have the time to have one...
codersfriend
I wish you could post a picture of your dog Smile
lilysc1
Awesome Pitbull. He looks really cute Smile
jajarvin
My puppy is now two months old.
Its name is Jeri (in English Jerry).

Jeri's ancestors were:
    German Shepherd Dog
    Pharaoh Hound and
    Dutch Shepherd
    etc.
LxGoodies
Congrats jajarvin, that sounds really like it's going to be a large dog ! And always good to have some German shepherd in it.. gives stability
jajarvin
LxGoodies wrote:

Congrats jajarvin, that sounds really like it's going to be a large dog

Yes, Jeri will be one day a large dog.
It is now 13 weeks old and its weight is already 10.7 kg. When Jeri was two month old it weight was 6.9 kg. Jeri eats four times a day.
During the day I give to Jeri some more dog biscuits or meat treats. Jeri really sleeps a lot.
Now the time is 09:00AM and Jeri still is sleeping. I think it has now slept for eleven hours.
markharris
I also own a dog. You must show the pic .
LxGoodies
hi dog fans, I'd like to drop this amazing doggy video here

jajarvin
LxGoodies wrote:
hi dog fans, I'd like to drop this amazing doggy video here

Amazing and hard to believe.

Who trained this boy? And how much time it takes to make from a orginary dog a dog like this dog?
One year or more?
LxGoodies
It's all about commands and reenforcing. This dog listens very well to vocal reinforce like "Good boy". So it can learn many more vocal commands by just listening, behaving, listening.. When it does the right move, it's positive "Good boy". Smile. And be clear ! every time command the same, Go left, go right.. Some dogs have impressive memory for commands, memorize 100-400 words depending on talent for it.
Quote:
According to Dr. Stanley Coren, an expert in canine intelligence, the average dog can understand about 165 words, possibly more with training. Consistency is key, says Coren. If you call his meal "supper" but your spouse calls it "dinner," the label for his nightly kibble might be fuzzy. But if everyone says "dinner," he'll soon perk up anytime you're discussing dinner plans.

http://www.animalplanet.com/pets/how-many-words-do-dogs-know.htm

This Youtube dog is no rocket science. Moves like "go" and "look" are easy, because you can lead the dog using the belt, first time he learns. Just commands is simple. Dogs for blind people are instructed to look all by themselves.. and learn to obstruct the owner when any danger is involved. This task is far more complex: the dog not only has to decide to look, it has to assert the situation and act accordingly !
rx9876
Awesome dog!
I used to want to raise a dog, but I found that I am too busy to do that,
so I gave up.
Maybe next few years.
jamesparker
Awesome intelligent dog... looking forward for images or videos. Smile
zimmer
Robert_Redbeard wrote:
His name is Baxter. My girl named him.

He's a buckskin color Pitbull. 8 weeks old and cute as hell for a pit. I have never had a pit before so it should be interesting to see how he trains up campaired to the German Spepherd's I am used to handling.

Already he is different though. My other dogs didn't really play fight at this age. Baxter has a one track mind. Chew on daddy. He's really good with my GF though.

Pictures and YouTube videos will be forthcoming.

Wow!

Congratulation.

Take care of it as part of your family.

My son loves a dog and we have also one. Its just a native dog and its so sweet dog. Our dog is always on our side no matter what happens; its truly a mans best friend.
LxGoodies
jamesparker wrote:
looking forward for images or videos.

What about a breed. There's a Dutch race of smart hunting dogs, we call them kooiker hondje (kooiker hound)

A kooiker is a place to hunt for ducks, used 16th-17th century. De ducks were chased into the kooiker,

..... by the kooiker hound. It's really a very lovely dog, have fun Razz

jamesparker
beautiful. very smart dog. take good care as a part of family.