FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Suggestion for a subforum...

CrimsonStrange
After seeing a thread concerning little tips & tricks to make your home an easier/better place to live in, I thought that perhaps a subforum devoted to that idea under the General Chat, Miscellaneous or the Frihost Users forum might be a good thing.

Just a place for everyone to post their own individual tips & ideas they've discovered for customizing, repairing and better-utilizing things around the house.
We've all figured out some cool workaround for a common household problem we've experienced.
And such a forum would provide a place for users to post who otherwise don't really have any interest in/knowledge about some of the other topics that usually proliferate the FriHost forums.

Of course, you'd hafta put up a statement about "no links or posts about warez or cracking, hacking, defeating security measures, reverse engineering, etc."

I don't see how a forum like that would be a target for spam anymore than the current forums are.

But anyway, just a thought.

Thank you to all admins & moderators for reading. Smile
tidruG
As far as I remember, sub-forums are not allowed on phpBB. However, your idea of that kind of a forum is not too bad... though I somehow doubt how many people are actually going to post in it, seeing as how so less people actually take the time out to clean their house and stuff Wink Perhaps if we could just extend it to include tips and tricks on a whole range of thigns (exclusing computers of course), maybe it'll be a tad more popular...

But I suppose it could sort of be created along with that "Relationship" forum that was being discussed, and have both these forums made under the "Frihost Users" category.
CrimsonStrange
Oh yeah, absolutely!
Whatever you guys think would be good, appropriate subject matter and however you think would be best to do it, y'know.

I just appreciate your consideration. Smile
SBrian
tidruG wrote:
As far as I remember, sub-forums are not allowed on phpBB. However, your idea of that kind of a forum is not too bad...

As far as I know you're right, it is not allowed.
n0obie4life
It's allowed with modifications.

http://phpbbx.friohst.net/forum/index.php

Look at the bug reporting.
SBrian
Page cannot be found Wink
n0obie4life
The frihost word.

http://phpbb.frihost.net/forum/index.php

There. I misspelled the word frihost.
SBrian
And in this reaction you forgot the X !!!! Very HappyVery Happy

No problem, I've found it
n0obie4life
lol Razz.

I might be placing that for download soon.
Bockman
n0obie4life wrote:
lol Razz.

I might be placing that for download soon.

i'm waiting..... hurry up.

I got the snapshots for phpbb 2.1.x but i can't seem to get it to work (probably because the config.php is blank... Razz )

If you could share that one, it'd be great

Be Well Cool
n0obie4life
Soon bockman, I still want to install 2 or 3 more mods these few days. Or when my holidays start next week.