FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Layoff

davidv
I'm just going to quote what I wrote on facebook.

Quote:
Terrible way to start a new year. I got laid. No wait, I meant got layoff work... along with every other person there. Layoff work that is, not laid. Wouldn't be so terrible if it was laid which I was getting off at, ehh?

I'm starting to believe that it's true for all large scale software projects, 80% are unsuccessful. Please don't let this be true.

Nothing else to do but to fix up my c.v. and go job huntin' again.

Due to some complications everybody was "fired" not sure if that's the correct term. One of the company's cofounder lost their passion for their work and decided to stop. It's really nobody's fault. Although my time spent working at the company was short, I learnt so so much and really, that's all I should think about, the experience I've gained, the technology I've learnt to use and a taste of what it's like to work on the field.

Anyway, I honestly don't know what to do now. I really need to clean up some of the paperwork and have everything finalized before I go out looking for another job. I have, including this week, plus the next week, paid notice and so I want to get all the financial stuff out of the way. Any tips on what I should do? Important questions I should ask my employer? This is the first time this has ever happened to me.

Again, awful way to start a new year.
mathiaus
Only thing I can think of is to get everyone's contact details and make sure they have yours!

You can ask then ask them to act as a reference for you, or some may be able to help find you another job.

Good luck whatever Smile
c'tair
Can I ask you what your job was? Your responsibilities etc. Did you write software for companies? Or make android/ios apps?

Also, if you have the skills and will power, maybe think about doing freelance work or starting your own small company?