FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Needed: perl module XML:Parser

amagard
Hi folks,
is there any chance to get perl module XML:Parser installed on Frihost ( server 4 )? It is an awesome tool for parsing XML files and I would need it to install a web based tool I developed some time ago for creating tables of contents for Wordpress or Blogger blogs and also for better printing of those blogs ( more details about that tool available here ).
Since I do not have any shell available on my host I don't see a real way how to install that module locally just for myself ... Confused
Bondings
I installed the module. Could you please check if it is working now?
amagard
Very Happy Yes, it does ! Thanks a lot for the quick service ! Excellent, I really appreciate it.
I'll do some more testing and check out if everything works before announcing that new tool in my blog.
ankurthakur
WoW... Qucik service... I ike it Very Happy
amagard
Looks like that Perl module I need is gone. My web tool stopped working and I see this in my web server error log:

[Sun Jan 22 05:43:50 2012] [error] [client 87.162.137.90] Can't locate XML/Parser.pm in @INC ...

Any chance to get it re-installed ?
Bondings
Indeed. Unfortunately all these non-standard changes will have to applied again and I didn't keep a log, so thank you for reporting it!

Anyway, is it working again now?
amagard
Yes, works again ! Thanks !
Why was it lost ? Did you install a newer version of perl ?
I hope you can add this module to your list of modules needed in the future !
Bondings
amagard wrote:
Yes, works again ! Thanks !
Why was it lost ? Did you install a newer version of perl ?
I hope you can add this module to your list of modules needed in the future !

The server was compromised and everything needed to be reinstalled again. Didn't you notice the downtime and the featured discussion?

And unfortunately I don't have a list of modules/software that are needed apart from the standard installed ones. It's probably time to create one. Wink
amagard
Wink Luckily I missed the trouble and also the discussion about it.