FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Reminding Old members to Participate in Forum....

k_s_baskar
A email notification for members for long time inactivity (more that 30 or 50 days) will be a nice option.
metalfreek
This option is already active in frihost. I think you will get an email when your points go below -10 or something like that. I've got that email once. Laughing
tidruG
metalfreek wrote:
This option is already active in frihost. I think you will get an email when your points go below -10 or something like that. I've got that email once. Laughing

That's correct. I think you get 2-3 emails at various negative points.
ocalhoun
Something I've been using on my forum -- and which has been pretty successful -- is to also send an automatic reminder to 0 post users 1 week after they register.

In 2 months of using that, I've gotten two successful instances of 0-post users getting the email, logging in, and actually becoming active members.
(Out of about 30 emails sent.)
tidruG
ocalhoun wrote:
Something I've been using on my forum -- and which has been pretty successful -- is to also send an automatic reminder to 0 post users 1 week after they register.

In 2 months of using that, I've gotten two successful instances of 0-post users getting the email, logging in, and actually becoming active members.
That sounds like a good one. On Frihost, though, we have a lot of people who register, post 1 big spammy comment, and disappear. And we don't really want them back Smile
Blaster
tidruG wrote:
ocalhoun wrote:

That sounds like a good one. On Frihost, though, we have a lot of people who register, post 1 big spammy comment, and disappear. And we don't really want them back Smile

So true.. They are called bots usually...
Ghost Rider103
Blaster wrote:
tidruG wrote:
ocalhoun wrote:

So true.. They are called bots usually...

We, the staff, call them banned. Razz