FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


[RESOLVED] Not receiving email for replies to my post





hunnyhiteshseth
I am not receiving email notifications for the replies posted in response to my post.
I have checked that "Notify me when a reply is posted" is ticked. I have also checked 'Spam' folder of my mailbox and there are no notifications even there.




P.S.: I am logging in after quite some time. So, in case something has changed in between and we no longer receive any notification for replies then please let me know. Thanks.
k_s_baskar
I too never get such notifications from subscribed threads in frihost.
If this feature is enabled we can see more active members in this forum.
hunnyhiteshseth
k_s_baskar wrote:
I too never get such notifications from subscribed threads in frihost.
If this feature is enabled we can see more active members in this forum.


I can remember, I used to get it till Feb -2011 for sure. After that I don't remember.
ankurthakur
This happens with me sometimes, but not always... Exclamation
hunnyhiteshseth
ankurthakur wrote:
This happens with me sometimes, but not always... Exclamation


With me, I am not receiving mail for any of the topic. By the way, till the time this problem is corrected, does any body has any suggestion on how I can track in a single page which topics have some reply posted after my post??
rjraaz
hunnyhiteshseth wrote:
ankurthakur wrote:
This happens with me sometimes, but not always... Exclamation


With me, I am not receiving mail for any of the topic. By the way, till the time this problem is corrected, does any body has any suggestion on how I can track in a single page which topics have some reply posted after my post??


yes there is a option for RSS feed at each forum, by which you can subscribe whole forum but not a particular topic. that way can updated with frihost forums posting.

Moreover i do not get problem rgarding notification, that works fine for me.
hunnyhiteshseth
rjraaz wrote:
hunnyhiteshseth wrote:
ankurthakur wrote:
This happens with me sometimes, but not always... Exclamation


With me, I am not receiving mail for any of the topic. By the way, till the time this problem is corrected, does any body has any suggestion on how I can track in a single page which topics have some reply posted after my post??


yes there is a option for RSS feed at each forum, by which you can subscribe whole forum but not a particular topic. that way can updated with frihost forums posting.




Yeah, but I need notifications for only topics where I have posted. Any suggestions for that?
rjraaz
hunnyhiteshseth wrote:
Yeah, but I need notifications for only topics where I have posted. Any suggestions for that?


As per my knowladge there is no option available other than through account settings officialy, but unofficialy there are lots of online service that can create feed and send notification by mail just try some google search.
ocalhoun
I've been getting email notifications just fine for years, up to and including several new ones today...

So, presumably, it isn't something wrong with Frihost's email system.


...So, it has to be something either with the settings being used, or with the receiving end of the email, in order to affect only certain users and not others.

I know you've checked you spam folder, but is 'no-reply@frihost.com' set as one of your contacts/allowed senders?
hunnyhiteshseth
ocalhoun wrote:
I've been getting email notifications just fine for years, up to and including several new ones today...

So, presumably, it isn't something wrong with Frihost's email system.


...So, it has to be something either with the settings being used, or with the receiving end of the email, in order to affect only certain users and not others.

I know you've checked you spam folder, but is 'no-reply@frihost.com' set as one of your contacts/allowed senders?


Yes it is.
By the way, this happens when I do not get a notification -- you replied on Monday and I am only seeing it today.
Bondings
It could be that our emails are sometimes getting blocked by some email providers and not even reach the spam folder due to either or ip being blocked, some configuration issue or our domain getting blocked.
hunnyhiteshseth
Bondings wrote:
It could be that our emails are sometimes getting blocked by some email providers and not even reach the spam folder due to either or ip being blocked, some configuration issue or our domain getting blocked.


I am using Yahoo Mail. Do you have an idea if Yahoo blocks frihost or not?

By the way, nice to see you around after a long time.
hunnyhiteshseth
hunnyhiteshseth wrote:
Bondings wrote:
It could be that our emails are sometimes getting blocked by some email providers and not even reach the spam folder due to either or ip being blocked, some configuration issue or our domain getting blocked.


I am using Yahoo Mail. Do you have an idea if Yahoo blocks frihost or not?

By the way, nice to see you around after a long time.


I changed my email address in profile and I am receiving notification mails now.

Moderators can close this thread.
Related topics
Stop receiving email
Latest Post or Replies at forum Index Page
Email Certificates
Not receiving email from Hotmail
Email
Which is the best smartphone?
mail
Your online routine
BOT prevention - stand out from the crowd
Calling all GFX people, Scripters and Coders!
Lack of Spelling Skills...or just Lazy?
Unable sending mail - verification error
problem registering
python programming
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Frihost Forum Index -> Support and Web Hosting -> Frihost Support

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.