FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

What's the name of this series?

Nameless
It's an epic historical(ish) fantasy. There are four novels in the series, written at least five years ago. Each novel takes place in a different time period - the first book was pre-medieval times, the last was closed to modern day (1960-70s). Each book took place around the same physical location that becomes a well-known modern city. The basic premise of the story was that a small group of characters were struggling to control a hidden, powerful labyrinth. All of them initially failed, but their souls and those of several other involved family members became caught up in the conflict through some magic shenanigans and were destined to be reborn in the future to continue their struggle - the 2nd to 4th books were of them in different lives recalling their past and being drawn together again into the same city and battle. There was a lot more character development than actual fighting, though, and by the final book they mostly banded together to destroy a malevolence coming from the labyrinth rather than control it.

I cannot for the life of me remember or find the name of this series and you will win so many internet points if you can. Sad
tidruG
The closest thing I could find to what you posted was this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Death_Gate_Cycle
Nameless
That's not it, although coincidentally it is the next series in my To Read list!
mathiaus
Stab in the dark, second best I could find after The Death Gate Cycle, Earthsea?
Nameless
Ah! My Google-Fu has been very humbled lately, but I finally found it! It was The Troy Game by Sara Douglass. TO THE BOOK DEPOSITORY! ^_^