FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Is your country affected with crisis this year?

johans
Honestly, here in the Philippines we are affected with crisis since in 3rd quarter and 4th quarter this year. there is not much buying and selling and i sure also with other countries because my online store dont have much activity.
Hexes
I think almost every country is affected in some way. I live in a Central Europe and here we certainly feel the crisis - 7 month ago I graduated from university and I still can't find the job. My friends have the same problem. There is no point in moving to another country since situation there is similar. What could we do? Probably nothing. I will continue my searches with hope that someday someone will employ me.
ujjwalshrestha
I'm originally from Nepal. I visited Nepal few months ago and what I see is the infant economy booming like there is no tomorrow. The interest rate bank are giving for the 1year fixed deposit range from 9 to 16% per year. Housing market beginning to contract after skyrocketing in last year. Still, the demand of housing is still high. This may be just in Kathmandu where I stayed. The rest of the country might be untouched by the euphoria. But I think in the next few year, Nepal is the place to go if they sort out the politics.
Da Rossa
No, I didn't feel it here in Brazil as much as the Europeans felt. Still, the crisis is used politically to say "things are going bad" then legitimize some lousy bills.
johans
crisis is driven all by politics..
loremar
johans wrote:

Philippines is trying to resolve that by cutting the Chief Justice's throat.
daybayessai
johans wrote:

i do not agree with U dear sir, i believe crisis is driven trough crazy money and speculation with it.
This system is trunig mad and crazy. It is very un normal to make much more money with money than with work !
pll
My country is affected by the financial crisis. My city doesn't seem so bad through all.

It feels good enough and there is still few jobs available so it should be really great! Cool
sathym
We're not really affected right now
Hello_World
Financial crisis? Not much. Mostly those close to retirement age are, because the share market dropped so their superannuation dropped.

We skipped the GFC pretty much, due to China's positive influence here and great stimulus package.

Otherwise, still looking pretty good so far.

We had floods again this year, so natural crisis but not financial.
Come with you to learn explore
leandros21
My country, Cyprus recently goes to support mechanism of EU.
standready
Thanks to Obama, the US will never see financial stability.
menino
I'm not really sure about India, but the rupee has gone down, and I've heard some say that is because of the financial crisis of US, since a lot of trade is done through the dollar currency with reference to buying and selling.
Still a lot of banks in India are giving a rate of 4% interest per year for locals, and Non resident Indians are getting 9% interest on fixed deposits, so I think this means that banks and the economy are depending on the consumer's money to be placed in the banks, which I think says that there is some economic problems.

In Kuwait, some businesses which are not doing well are blaming the economical crisis of US and europe, but a lot of other companies I've heard are doing better and saying that the financial crisis is over.
I think the companies that are doing well, are affiliated with Oil companies, which are doing well anyways.
kaysch
For some strange reasons Germany managed to profit from the crisis. We had our crisis in the middle of the last decade, unions and employers agreed on very moderate increases in wage, the government did some homework, and now markets thought Germany was fitter than most of our European neighbours so that government bond yields went down so much that the government could take up money from the market for free. Really strange. Germany is not as strong as people see it, and Italy is not as weak as the markets see it either. I think I will go out and buy some Italian government bonds...
ZeytinGrafik
I live in Turkey and was born in 1975. I have never seen a year without a crisis since then. Every year its worst then the previous one.
kaysch
ZeytinGrafik wrote:
I live in Turkey and was born in 1975. I have never seen a year without a crisis since then. Every year its worst then the previous one.

Hehehe. To complain is part of the business...
Actually Turkey is reported to be doing pretty well in these days:
- lots of economic growth
- Turkey is involved in the politics of the region
- forcing Syrian and Armenian planes down
- showing the middle finger to the EU for not wanting to let them in
- showing the middle finger to Russia trying to arm Syria
- showing the middle finger to former friend Syria to commonly protect the border
- showing the middle finger to Iran
- trying to be the idol of Arabian countries' democratisation process
- getting support by NATO
I guess if there is one country at the moment which is not in a crisis, then it must be Turkey.
darthrevan
I say we have been affected by a crisis for almost four years now.. hurricane Obama lol. Our main crisis comes from the failing economy and of we don't get the Obama health care thrown out by the next president our economy is gonna be harmed more because other will affect business and then will trickle down to us, the employees.
RosenCruz
My country is affected with gas and oil prices mostly. A big part of national budget is lost for energy Twisted Evil
LxGoodies
kaysch wrote:
For some strange reasons Germany managed to profit from the crisis. We had our crisis in the middle of the last decade, unions and employers agreed on very moderate increases in wage, the government did some homework, and now markets thought Germany was fitter than most of our European neighbours so that government bond yields went down so much that the government could take up money from the market for free.

Yep, Holland too. But we've got a crisis. Lot of people unemployed, house market going down, etcetera. And it is areadly lasting for 3 years or so, everything in Europe is affected by it...

Quote:
Really strange. Germany is not as strong as people see it, and Italy is not as weak as the markets see it either. I think I will go out and buy some Italian government bonds...

Haha only the GOVERMENT is profiting from that, not the people. We havent had so much unemployment in Holland for years.

BUT we're lucky anyway because we live in EUROPE.. imagine living below the Sahara or in Hungary or Greece. It is REALLY bad there

Lx
zaxacongrejo
we all trade together in a kind of a giant cloud so in one way or another we all suffer from the crises ,so some will sell less, others will buy even less, other will even build less and this could go on a on and on ,few exceptions to war zones, and oil producer countries. Better said the new oil producer countries, even old oil producers feel the crises, and a big exception for those that dont play the same rules kind of China, India, etc.
johannespilz
i am from austria and i feel like we still ahve a pretty good time compared to other countries. although i work in construction buisness and u can see that there are less jobs then some years ago. its a tough time, u dont get a raise but at least u can work here.
zaxacongrejo
Quote:
i am from austria and i feel like we still ahve a pretty good time compared to other countries. although i work in construction buisness and u can see that there are less jobs then some years ago. its a tough time, u dont get a raise but at least u can work here.

Hi Im from Portugal your colleagues here are in a very bad situation construction here just died
Abandoned work places, houses for sale but no one buy them, fixing old houses seems to be the new way for construction business over here but I believe I just more temporary hair balloon
Than a solution, in the other hand building stuff materials the all paraphernalia is now more cheap than ever here
Possum
Crisis.. What crisis... Haven't seen a thing.. TV talks about it.. Maybe they invented it.. OK..I know it exist.. But the water hasn't stop flowing .. The oil is still getting pumped.. and the sun is still shining.. personally I think the whole thing has been invented and implemented by the banks and politicians...
zaxacongrejo
Quote:
personally I think the whole thing has been invented and implemented by the banks and politicians...

I wish you were right in that case the solution would be easy , just get ride of them loll
Unfortunately in my country or ex country dont even know how to call it anymore since we now have 2 governments things are getting wild you see now the latest news is that they want public Scholl to be paid by the parents loll
zimmer
joliemartin wrote:
In fact! Philippines has badly affected because of bad crisis. This bad situation is not only in Philippines but all world is affecting it because of this bad situation. I think that this situation is prevailing all around the world. UK and Japan economy is little bit better than the other countries. Sad

Agree..
Philippines comes up and down when it comes to economy.. I can say every quarter has its different status of economy.. more with down side.. up side can only be measured by 4 months of 12 months a year..
bluepig83
I think almost every country is affected with some sort of financial crisis. Okay, maybe there are some countries that are on good footing. But you don't usually hear about them in the news. And it's seems not as likely considered how everything is all tied together in the international market.
kmr_mukund
I am from india.there are no any type of crisis here.only in the software field i have feel little bit recession.this only effect on the job of the employer.
fouadCh
standready wrote:
Thanks to Obama, the US will never see financial stability.
Is that a fair statement ?!...

johans wrote:
Honestly, here in the Philippines we are affected with crisis since in 3rd quarter and 4th quarter this year. there is not much buying and selling and i sure also with other countries because my online store dont have much activity.
I see then you're among the lucky ones!... Just be wary of the IMF recipes... If It'll come to that ultimately.. That's the real killer!
firstroad
i live in greece so be sure i know what crisis means
we have something like 25% unemployment... 1 out of 4 have no job
politicians are crazy, last month they set a new law that whoever has a house even if he is unemployed he is considered to have an annual revenue of 5000 euros so he has to pay the taxes and this is because the elders voted for the same politicians that put our country into debt
and they never try to take money from the wealthy people... they always set laws of more taxes for retired and poor ones... i remember when you had 3 chrildren or more that you was taking some monthly money but now you must pay for every child you have... do you believe it?
but it's not only politicians' problem... we also have no exports but a lot of people send their money abroad... everything changes to worse here... in the country that once was the source of education, knowledge, math and every science
jajarvin
I live in Finland. My country is affected with financial crisis, but I do believe than Finland in the coming year will be to cope with this crisis.
zaxacongrejo
the greec is right the smae here in portugal