FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Joshua Radin

davidv
I recently started listening to his songs. They're really soft and easy going. Great for when you're trying to fall asleep. Anyway, thought I might share one of his songs with you.

Here's another one.

tingkagol
Let me guess... Zach Braff fan? Smile

I couldn't get into him. In my opinion, he's just a mediocre musician, singer... everything he does is just mediocre. He tries to get away with his lack of vocal skill by singing in a really hushed voice. I can definitely sense he's faking it in his songs - like he purposely sings that way to sound better than his head voice.

Another folk/acoustic musician that does the 'hushed voice' routine is Cary Brothers, who's coincidentally a friend of Radin and Braff's. He could be more off-key than Radin, but his songwriting is miles better than Radin's. Better check him out. "Who You Are" is a pretty good record.
davidv
tingkagol wrote:
Let me guess... Zach Braff fan? Smile

John Michael "J.D." Dorian. Turk and J.D. are possibly the best of best friends, ever.

tingkagol wrote:
I couldn't get into him. In my opinion, he's just a mediocre musician, singer... everything he does is just mediocre. He tries to get away with his lack of vocal skill by singing in a really hushed voice. I can definitely sense he's faking it in his songs - like he purposely sings that way to sound better than his head voice.

Another folk/acoustic musician that does the 'hushed voice' routine is Cary Brothers, who's coincidentally a friend of Radin and Braff's. He could be more off-key than Radin, but his songwriting is miles better than Radin's. Better check him out. "Who You Are" is a pretty good record.

I spent a little time listening to some of the songs composed by Cary Brothers and I have to agree. The songwriting is miles ahead of Radin's. Although, like you (with Radin), I'm finding it difficult to get into them.

I think this song is quite nice though.

[/quote]
tingkagol
Quote:
Although, like you (with Radin), I'm finding it difficult to get into them.

Fair enough. Smile

I really tried to give "We Were Here" a chance but just couldn't get into it. Perhaps his later albums are better?