FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Working over Christmas is awesome.

Nameless
That's not sarcasm, I promise!

The fast food chain I work for is closed on Christmas Day itself, but I'll be showing up for work bright and early (in a manner of speaking, it's, uh, more of an evening shift) for the non-weekend public holiday and over New Years as well. It's the couple of precious days a year where I can pretend to be a skilled and highly in-demand worker while raking in the extra cash. ^_^'

Who else is with me?!
GuidanceReader
I used to love working over the Christmas break. I worked in fast food and as I was a uni student most of the time, the extra money for less work (as it was usually quiet over that time) was awesome! I was always the one volunteering to do both Christmas and New Year.
mathiaus
I work in IT and was considering working between Christmas and New Year. I wouldn't get paid more as we normally have take our holidays for those three days, but working then when the place is pretty much empty would be great. No distractions, I could just get on with stuff I needed to do. Then, I could take those days off when it would normally be busy instead or an extra 3 days from my normal holiday...
tidruG
Nameless wrote:

The fast food chain I work for is closed on Christmas Day itself, but I'll be showing up for work bright and early (in a manner of speaking, it's, uh, more of an evening shift) for the non-weekend public holiday and over New Years as well. It's the couple of precious days a year where I can pretend to be a skilled and highly in-demand worker while raking in the extra cash. ^_^'

Who else is with me?!
Christmas means didley-squat to me anyway. So I wouldn't mind working over Christmas. However, if we got a holiday, for any reason whatsoever, I'd have to be pretty handsomely compensated in order to go to work. Razz
chatrack
I am working online, so there is a work always there. I work when ever there is nothing other to do.
On Christmas days (for 2 days), both me and all my clients have the same opinion of going out.
So I was enjoying Christmas!
menino
I think if your going to get paid extra, or if you are Santa Claus, you would not mind working on Christmas or New years day.

I don't get paid extra on these days, but since I'm in the middle East, I didn't get a day off (but I got a half day off, which I liked).

When I was in college, and worked during these days, I did get paid extra, and it was ok as it was great getting some money so that I could enjoy it with friends and family.
shopperpk
Well working Voluntarily on any religious event is very awesome thing and we all have to do these kind of things for others sake.
Ankhanu
tidruG wrote:
Nameless wrote:

Who else is with me?!
Christmas means didley-squat to me anyway. So I wouldn't mind working over Christmas. However, if we got a holiday, for any reason whatsoever, I'd have to be pretty handsomely compensated in order to go to work. Razz

Ditto!
I love working statutory holidays. The holidays are largely meaningless to me, I get paid anywhere from time and a half to double time and a half, and either the office/lab is really quiet (there's no one else there) or there are very few customers (if working service)... it's really win/win.