FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

always restarting

annatr
Hi there, could anybody help me with the following?
I have 2 hdds in my computer, starting the computer, after the win7 window is simply restart, and i am not able to start it. i have already reinstall w7 for some weeks, but the problem is the same. booting on the other hdd it works. what is the solution? thanks
rjraaz
There may be your windows installation has been get corrupted or some hardware or Software changes that you make recently cuase that.

just start your system with "Disable automatic restart on system Failure" by pressing F8 while booting.

After that blue screen appears that tells that exact prbolem that cause your system be restarted.

just post here what problem that report.
SonLight
@rjraaz, good tip! I wasn't aware of that option in Win 7, and it does look like the first thing to try when something messes up. For _any_ Win system, you should try the F8 - advanced boot options menu. Most of the other choices on that menu are good solutions for certain types of problems. My usual approach is to try safe mode first, and if that doesn't work then look for other choices.
annatr
thank you, I'll try it - however i was advised to run a hdd reg., so after it i'll try and come back. thanks, and happy xmas!
annatr
The boot reg. seems to have fixed the problem.. hopefully - thanks for your help!
portoskt
reinstall OS, that is always helpfull )
rjraaz
portoskt wrote:

Yes, that may be a way but not necessarily in each cases. Some times may not be due to some OS related problems.
Asap170
portoskt wrote:

He apparently already tried it as stated here:

annatr wrote:
i have already reinstall w7 for some weeks, but the problem is the same.
mathiaus
annatr wrote:
The boot reg. seems to have fixed the problem

-close-