FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Best domain providers

deanhills
I was just wondering where people are purchasing their domains from. I've been using the service below with good results, but wonder whether anyone else has had positive experiences they would like to share:

http://www.domainsite.com/
k_s_baskar
you can register domain with any ICANN approved Registrars. I personally go with godady. But lot of providers their with competitive price structure and features i'll list few of them here
godaddy
enom
namecheap
namezero
mathiaus
Lots of bad press with GoDaddy at the moment due to their support of SOPA. There was a boycott and they lost lots of customers and gave since revered their decision to support, but can you be sure they won't do silly things int he future?

For anyone in the UK, specifically with .uk domains, I highly suggest http://www.heartinternet.co.uk/domain-names/
deanhills
k_s_baskar wrote:
namecheap

Bondings recommended NameCheap as well, so next time I need a Domain I'll definitely try them out.
http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-132539.html
GuidanceReader
I went with NameCheap on Bondings recommendations in a thread. So far pretty happy with them.
ankur209
Hostgator
2Gbhosting.com
Freehostia.com

are some of the services i've tried !
mamatha
1.enom
2.NameCheap
aydinal
There is nothing wrong with godaddy. It's cheap and good. What else do you need from a domain registrar?
dude_xyx
I use Godaddy and Namecheap. Also a Directi reseller. All of these guys are good. each has their own different advantages.

There is one Domain name registrar I dislike. That's Enom. They sux. At least for me.
futurcat
None of the ones you said supports .cat domains unfortunately. I wish it would be as easy as .com, which is cheap.
futurcat
Anyone running wordpress on namecheap "value" hosting?
ujjwalshrestha
Is there any difference in level of service from one registrar to other? I thought they are all same - off course the price might be few quid up or down. Beside that?
What makes one better than other? How do you determine which one is the best?
andro_king
I have not tried any of the domain registars other than Godaddy and Google.. both are pretty famous and have customers from all part of the world so i do trust them because they are world famous..!!
crystalkey
pinkiee wrote:
Hi,
I registered my domain at http://www.zippozap.com/!!! They provide best domain registration services and offers a long list of free extras like email, blog, hosting & more.I registered all my domains here, they are really good and trustworthy!!!!
I

They are not a registrar. They are a reseller and a domain name appraisal service. Stick with the ones that actually have their own DNS servers, such as godaddy.com and register.com. When the DNS goes out, your site will be unreachable. This is a separate issue from where you actually host your files from ...
AsadAnsari
I recommend godaddy too..

I never saw them cheating and showing something else then they sell you.. as i have bought 150gb deluxe and 14 domains from their..

no extra surcharges or taxes they cut from your credit card.. they never did it ..

I love Godaddy and frihost .. both..
AsadAnsari
GuidanceReader wrote:
I went with NameCheap on Bondings recommendations in a thread. So far pretty happy with them.

I used Namecheap.com once and they booked my domain search before i could get it..
just because i was waiting for two days and keep checking again and again there ..
but it never happened at godaddy ..

and when i look its whois info and i find it has been get purchased from namecheap.com but no where else..

they watch what people search and getting interested so they buy it before the people could ..
so they have to buy it on Own [Above the cost]..

They are not just cheap by their act but they should be called namecheat.com

P.S
I hate NameCheap.com
futurcat
AsadAnsari wrote:
GuidanceReader wrote:

I used Namecheap.com once and they booked my domain search before i could get it..
just because i was waiting for two days and keep checking again and again there ..
but it never happened at godaddy ..

and when i look its whois info and i find it has been get purchased from namecheap.com but no where else..

they watch what people search and getting interested so they buy it before the people could ..
so they have to buy it on Own [Above the cost]..

They are not just cheap by their act but they should be called namecheat.com

P.S
I hate NameCheap.com

Do you have any good experience with a provider that you would recommend over namecheap?

I am working since a while with cdmon.cat and pretty happy about them. Not the cheapest though... That's why I always pay attention to this kind of forum discussions Smile
spring567
godaddy enom namecheap name
graceland
I think Directnic is the best, i have been using them for years and no problem so far.
cybersa
Previous year,I had my domain at GoDaddy.
Then i transferred my domain to BigRock due to high renewal price at GoDaddy.
deanhills
cybersa wrote:
I also noticed the price hike. Particularly with having a private domain vs a public domain. Quite a number of registrars offer "privacy" for free for the first year of the domain. GoDaddy used to and now that costs a pretty penny as well with them. PLUS they have so many bells and whistles and their Website a pain to navigate, I'm constantly looking for tutorials for simple stuff like name servers. I'm with Namecheap now.
cybersa
deanhills wrote:
cybersa wrote:
I also noticed the price hike. Particularly with having a private domain vs a public domain. Quite a number of registrars offer "privacy" for free for the first year of the domain. GoDaddy used to and now that costs a pretty penny as well with them. PLUS they have so many bells and whistles and their Website a pain to navigate, I'm constantly looking for tutorials for simple stuff like name servers. I'm with Namecheap now.

I'm also tried Namecheap at the time of renewal,but namecheap did not accepted Indian Credit Card.
Don't know why?May be problem with my Credit Card Permission.
RosenCruz
I have used GoDaddy so far and namecheap once. I am planning to use NameCheap from now on since their renewals are cheaper
Sergiz
I was using Dynadot in the past, but now I have all my domains on Namecheap. Their site looks much better and it's really easy to navigate around. However, free whois protection for the first year is actually the thing that got me there Cool
deanhills
Sergiz wrote:
I was using Dynadot in the past, but now I have all my domains on Namecheap. Their site looks much better and it's really easy to navigate around. However, free whois protection for the first year is actually the thing that got me there Cool
Me too. I started out with Godaddy, but then not only do they charge for protection, but they charge quite heavily for it too. They are also selling to many services, makes me tired to navigate through their marketing hoops. Namecheap is a little more simple and more my size.
WendyD
I use Dynadot.com, Name.com and Godaddy.com. And the last one doesn't make me happy now - prices are very high, for any little thing you need to pay extra, only phone support - you cannot write on email as it was before.