FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Timeline in FaceBook...!

nepalstar
I use facebook regularly...! one of my friend update photo of his profile which is different than me... and I asked with him about that so he told that he activated facebook's new feature called timeline. while asking with me how to activated he did not told me the process for this instead of teaching me the process he asked me for the my facebook password and he told that he will do himself for me. I didn't wish to give him my facebook password so I wish to know how to activated the new feature of facebook called timeline so dear friends please help me/teach me how to activated that so called timeline.
Idea

Thanks Confused
jmraker
Don't worry, eventually you will be forced into it. That's how facebook does things.

http://www.usatoday.com/tech/news/story/2011-12-15/facebook-profile-timeline/51971576/1

http://www.facebook.com/about/timeline
There's a green "Get Timeline" button at the bottom of the page

If you like it, enjoy it before they replace it with their next idea.
johans
timeline in facebook. for me, its not accurate. it will become accurate if you update, upload your pictures and messages regularly.

Very Happy
missdixy
jmraker wrote:
Don't worry, eventually you will be forced into it. That's how facebook does things.

http://www.usatoday.com/tech/news/story/.

dammit, i really don't ever want to have to turn my profile into one of those....
deanhills
@Nepalstar. I'd be very careful to give my password to others, even if they are good friends of yours, particularly if you don't understand what is happening or what the consequences will be. Here's a news article about the timeline feature.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2074554/Facebook-timeline-feature-Mixed-reaction-latest-changes.html
Quote:
Users are advised to use this week-long grace period to study the contents meticulously and to make the necessary privacy adjustments to ensure their life history is not published for the world to see. After seven days, the timeline format will automatically be published to your profile.

Every picture, comment and piece of information contained within timeline will feature a privacy drop-down menu, asking who you want to view it, whether it be the public, close friends, colleagues or any other sub-group of users on Facebook.

Many users might think they are being cautious by limiting their information to only their 'friends' list, but this throws up another dilemma: How many of your Facebook 'friends' do you actually know?

If you have been too liberal in adding and accepting 'friends' on Facebook, there's a chance you'll be sharing information with people you barely know.

Probably best to treat Facebook with caution as you would when you post anything on the Internet. Not to put up any of your confidential information in your page. To be careful that you limit those who can view your Facebook page to your friends only.

I thought this comment at the end of the article was worth taking note off:
Quote:
"'Facebook's new timeline has the potential to expose status updates and wall posts from years ago,' . 'This is going to force users to do some privacy housekeeping.' ................................. This is an understatement that really must be highlighted. The privacy issues with the new Timeline are a shambles. I just changed to the new Timeline layout, and lots of posts I commented on, and pics I've been tagged in, all from months & years ago, and posts & pics from years ago that WERE set to "private" & "friends only", were suddenly visible to the public. This could be very embarrassing for the unaware. It took me over 3 hours to go through my publicly visible 'Timeline' layout for the last 4 years and track down all the embarrassing posts & pics, untag myself, unlike the pics, posts, & apps, and then remove the posts. Another FAIL for facebook.

- Brian, London, UK, 17/12/2011 01:47
ankur209
Yeah ! I loved it ! The new timeline feature ! What i loved the most is te cover page concept that gives the profile a new look !

And i'm amazed to see that Facebook keeps all your posts and comments in its database ! I thought they used to prune it on time basis to save the database storage ! Razz

Anyways TIMELINE rocks !
ankurthakur
Yeah... Timeline looks nice... Good features... Great work...

But sad for those people who have Lower B/W...

Check out my Timeline : http://www.facebook.com/thakurbhai Very Happy
nepalstar
I got activated Time Line feature of my facebook account...! Thanks to all for their help to create my time line... Thanks...

plz check my facebook timeline http://www.facebook.com/nepalstar

once again Thanks
spinout
hehe, the new pest of this time - facebook changes....
And now timeline....

Many of my friends on fb leaves, or go havoc... hehe, this is quite fun!

On of my friends changed their name to NN disapointed NN ... hehe, so much fun.!
coolclay
I really dislike the way facebook changes things ALL the time. It's never been a user friendly service in my opinion. Once I finally figure out where all the settings and and how to do things it all changes again!! I wish people still used Myspace, I feel like it was much more user friendly.
LostOverThere
I'm usually fine with the Facebook changes, but I don't particularly like timeline. My biggest issue with it (apart from the gigantic banner at the top) is how there's two columns of status'. I can barely read in a single column as it is, and two columns just disorientates me. I find it to be quite visually messy.
kitsrock
LostOverThere wrote:
I'm usually fine with the Facebook changes, but I don't particularly like timeline. My biggest issue with it (apart from the gigantic banner at the top) is how there's two columns of status'. I can barely read in a single column as it is, and two columns just disorientates me. I find it to be quite visually messy.

I completely agree. Having two columns just looks cluttered.
Blaster
coolclay wrote:
I really dislike the way facebook changes things ALL the time. It's never been a user friendly service in my opinion. Once I finally figure out where all the settings and and how to do things it all changes again!! I wish people still used Myspace, I feel like it was much more user friendly.

I can't stand myspace... It was way to cluttered with ads and such. I agree facebook does change too much. I do like some of the things they do and others it seems are annoying. The new timeline feature I kind of like though. I was looking at some old posts from when I first got my facebook that made me laugh and relive some good memories. And I like the top banner part.

That is my timeline image. It is taken on an alley way in State College a few weeks ago... Cool you might know where this i
Vanilla
I'm using the timeline just to add a beautiful picture on top of it. I don't really care about it. Razz

coolclay wrote:

That's one of the reasons why I spend much more time on tumblr. Things change too much on Facebook.
Insanity
I think that it just makes things too complicated on Facebook. I stopped using Facebook for that very reason, since it gets so annoying to read people's profiles. I yearn for the days back when Facebook was very plain and simple, although there are some features that I would've kept in addition to the very boring Facebook.

The timeline still sucks though.
stiflerx
I won't say I dislike the Timeline, but there should have an option to change the old version and the new one for user. When it was introduced,i I really liked reading all my activities since I joined fb, but later found this bit clumsy.
nepalstar
Thanks to all for writing about timeline features of Facebook...!
foumy6
I have seen the option, but when I got to my friends profiles that have it I can't stand it, so hopefully it won't become a required thing to do.
spinout
the only bood thing about timeline must be that head picture!

That was the only good thing I suppose!! Laughing
ankur209
Timeline is good but just for somedays ! You'll love the interface/changing the covers and trying new again and again Smile Cool

but after some days you'll be bored with it ! Anyways its not that bad.

After someday every profiles on FB will be rolled on timeline view ! Cool
MrTylerGreen
Everytime there is a new style of feature change in facebook it is the same old story. Some people love it, some people hate it and everybody forgets that it even changed 6 months later.

That doesn't stop me from joining in the facebook timeline talk though: I think it is fun to go way back on you and your friend's timeline and look what you were doing all the way back at the beginning of your facebook account. It is almost like opening a time capsule and reading a letter you wrote to yourself 10 years ago.
stiflerx
i was quite OK with the profile Timeline, but really dislike this new Page's look coming on 30th of March! I don't understand why they keep changing the looks but not the features.
rjraaz
stiflerx wrote:
i was quite OK with the profile Timeline, but really dislike this new Page's look coming on 30th of March! I don't understand why they keep changing the looks but not the features.

Features! what type of features that facebook not having according to you. And as part of new page's look what is the point of your disliking.
tofayel
LostOverThere wrote:

A smart company always try to introduce new and innovative things, so they are progress regularly. Just you should see Google. Its a business strategy, most of smart company try to follow this way.