FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Google's 'let it snow' trick

standready
I am surprised that this has not been posted here yet. Go to Google's homepage and type in the search "let it snow', sit back and enjoy! Write in the snow and 'defrost' when ready.
Google also has some other tricks see article
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/technology/2011/12/let-it-snow-and-five-other-google-tricks-.html
Flegit
Yeah, they surely like to have fun there in google... Probably have a separate department for making these easter eggs=)
pll
I like the ''askew'' and ''tilt'' tricks too that's fun.

That's some way of marketing that I like.
FastDebrid
Nice trick by google.
It's another creative to drive traffic in their website.
Cool! Wink
FastDebrid
The last time I tried the Chuck Norris trick, it still worked but now, it doesn't anymore. I kind of like it though.
belltown
I liked what they did with Google Maps when asking for directions from somewhere in the U.S. to somewhere in Europe. The calculated directions included the instructions to swim across the Atlantic Ocean, and a fairly reasonable estimate of how long it would take, I haven't seen them do that in quite a while. Perhaps it was removed for liability reasons; they just didn't want to be sued by people drowning while trying to swim from New York to London.
ankurthakur
Try this :

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=(sqrt(cos(x))*cos(200x)%2Bsqrt(abs(x))-0.7)*(4-x*x)%5E0.01%2C+sqrt(9-x%5E2)%2C+-sqrt(9-x%5E2)+from+-4.5+to+4.5
nepalstar
This is nice trick to play with Google....! "Tilt" and "askew" do same effect and I just got new trick "let it snow" this is very nice trick. Thanks for sharing these tricks...! If anybody knows these kind of tricks please share here....!

Here is the list of Google Tricks

1) TILT
2) ASKEW
3) LET IT SNOW
sanalskumar
standready wrote:
I am surprised that this has not been posted here yet. Go to Google's homepage and type in the search "let it snow', sit back and enjoy! Write in the snow and 'defrost' when ready.
Google also has some other tricks see article
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/technology/2011/12/let-it-snow-and-five-other-google-tricks-.html

This is cool. I mean i have known this 'tilt' effect. But the 'let it snow' is really cool.
Smile

belltown wrote:
I liked what they did with Google Maps when asking for directions from somewhere in the U.S. to somewhere in Europe. The calculated directions included the instructions to swim across the Atlantic Ocean, and a fairly reasonable estimate of how long it would take, I haven't seen them do that in quite a while. Perhaps it was removed for liability reasons; they just didn't want to be sued by people drowning while trying to swim from New York to London.

ROFL.

That was a new info to me Smile

Google is just awesome. I have always been Google's fan because of such small (?) things they care about.
k_s_baskar
Hope Google will start advertising (Adwords?) in flash for specific keyword in the same manner soon.
menino
It doesnt seem to work with Internet Explorer browser, but works on Opera browser, and I guess firefox and chrome as well.
ankur209
Yeah ! Google is the only innovative company that shows it IT Intelligence in daily life !
Whether its a everyday occasion or something special,Google homepage tells it all !!

I love the easter eggs...Specially the new one 'Let It snow' Smile

There are someother easter eggs also like 'Blue search','Red search' and pressing I'm feeling lucky.
Another one is 'Do a barrel roll' !

Razz
ankurthakur
Try some Feeling Lucky tricks :

1> Type in “Google Gravity” and click on “I’m Feeling Lucky”(wait a sec to experience the effect of gravity.)

2> Type in “elgoog”and click on “I’m Feeling Lucky” (the Mirror effect is on.)
3> Type in “Google Sphere” and click on “I’m Feeling Lucky” (see the spinning effect.

4> Type in “who is the cutest” and click on “I’m Feeling Lucky” (see who’s so cute and beautiful/handsome.)

5> Type in “Google Loco” and click on “I’m Feeling Lucky” (see what’s moving.)

6> Type in “ LOL Limewire” and click on “I’m Feeling Lucky” (see that you are as a pirate.)

7> Type in “Epic Google” and click on “I’m Feeling Lucky”

8> Type in “Rainbow google” and click on “I’m Feeling Lucky”

9> Type in “Annoying Google” and click on “I’m Feeling Lucky”

10> Type in “Google pacman” and click on “I’m Feeling Lucky”

11> Type in “Google Magic” and click on “I’m Feeling Lucky”

12> Type in “Google color (Ex: pink,blue)” and click on “I’m Feeling Lucky”

13> Type in “Google Heart Page” and click on “I’m Feeling Lucky”

14> Type in “epic box” click on “I’m Feeling Lucky”

15> Type in ” sexy snape” click on “I’m Feeling Lucky”

16> Type in “weenie google” click on “I’m Feeling Lucky”

17> Type in “Who’s Awesome” click on “I’m Feeling Lucky” any one dare 2 try??? :p
Insanity
It must be so much fun to be working at Google.
deanhills
Definitely helps keep Google's ranking at 10/10. Not that it needs much help really.
sanalskumar
deanhills wrote:
Not that it needs much help really.

Absolutely true !!! Like, normally people will have a tendency to set google.com as their home page. There wont be a reason to do this, in most of the cases. But people(including me) do it all the time.

Smile
deanhills
I only use Google when I can't find what I'm looking for in Yahoo. Google irritates me for many reasons. First one is that I automatically default to Arabic if I should make it my Home Page. Most travel Websites remember which country a person has clicked on and default to that Website when one visits it the next time round, but this is no longer an option with Google. I can get English, but the Website and all the content are specific to the UAE. At least with Yahoo I have the option to choose USA.
Magicman
These little easter eggs are part of what makes Google so great. They provide a great service an actually have time to have a little fun. On an interesting note, the 'do a barrel roll' trick crashes Google Chrome (at least on the machines I've tested it on) . Google's browser can't even handle its trickery.
kirii
i could still remember i was able to play pacman on google homepage a few months ago
wellerchap
Google shows a human face in the modern world, and I really like it.....a superb resource, in my opinion.
GuidanceReader
belltown wrote:

No, now they tell you to Kayak instead.
ankitdatashn
I tried Let it rain, nothing happened Sad If they want to entertain snow lover then why keep rain lovers out Very Happy

Anyhow thanks Ankur for the list, will try out all sometime Smile
nepalstar
ankurthakur wrote:
Try some Feeling Lucky tricks :

1> Type in “Google Gravity” and click on “I’m Feeling Lucky”(wait a sec to experience the effect of gravity.)

2> Type in “elgoog”and click on “I’m Feeling Lucky” (the Mirror effect is on.)
3> Type in “Google Sphere” and click on “I’m Feeling Lucky” (see the spinning effect.

4> Type in “who is the cutest” and click on “I’m Feeling Lucky” (see who’s so cute and beautiful/handsome.)

5> Type in “Google Loco” and click on “I’m Feeling Lucky” (see what’s moving.)

6> Type in “ LOL Limewire” and click on “I’m Feeling Lucky” (see that you are as a pirate.)

7> Type in “Epic Google” and click on “I’m Feeling Lucky”

8> Type in “Rainbow google” and click on “I’m Feeling Lucky”

9> Type in “Annoying Google” and click on “I’m Feeling Lucky”

10> Type in “Google pacman” and click on “I’m Feeling Lucky”

11> Type in “Google Magic” and click on “I’m Feeling Lucky”

12> Type in “Google color (Ex: pink,blue)” and click on “I’m Feeling Lucky”

13> Type in “Google Heart Page” and click on “I’m Feeling Lucky”

14> Type in “epic box” click on “I’m Feeling Lucky”

15> Type in ” sexy snape” click on “I’m Feeling Lucky”

16> Type in “weenie google” click on “I’m Feeling Lucky”

17> Type in “Who’s Awesome” click on “I’m Feeling Lucky” any one dare 2 try??? :p

I've tried so all the above tricks but some of them are not working... just some works... anyway nice to try these cool google tricks... today you can play game in google home page...! just try it...
standready
Today with Google, you can run the hurdles like in the Olympics!
deanhills
Must say some of the art on Google's log-in page is great. At least entertaining to my eye. I don't use Google that often though.
zimmer
google really the number one when it comes to web/internet income.. nothing can beat google..
Cosmoslayer
Everytime there is a event, Google simple amazes me with its homepage! Smile
jmraker
Here are the links to the new mini games and some of the older ones

Hurdles: http://www.google.com/doodles/hurdles-2012
Basketball: http://www.google.com/doodles/basketball-2012
Slalom: http://www.google.com/doodles/slalom-canoe-2012

http://www.google.com/doodles/search?query=Interactive
XchaosX
I could not get any of these tricks to work for me