FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Sex can destroy a relationship

jonashendrickx
Well there are women who like sex and there are those who don't. I think it is important you understand eachother before you have sex. I've met women who do not liked it at all while there were others who wanted to do it all the time figuratively speaking.

But a relationship can't live without sex. I think the best part about it is that you feel as one. It is something you cannot have with someone else at the same time or period of time in theory. Because otherwise its called cheating.

Some have sex because they just want to others want to have sex to show their love. Well that's a big difference.

Which one are you?
pll
I think I can live without sex.
I mean if my girlfriend can't do the act I would be able to live without it.

I'm with my girlfriend since about a year and we sometimes have been 2-3 months without sex and we were both living well with this.

It's up to each couple.
FastDebrid
Sex was allowed by God for reproduction. It should only be done with love and for love.
It is when it is done for lust that it destroys a relationship.
ankurthakur
I think that if we have the patience and we do the true love, then we can Live without other things too.

Do you Love your Lover just for some dirty purposes ? I think that these are the future things which get happen itself and we need not to pay much attention on these things Smile
mengshi200
Yes,totally agreed!Love is more important than sex.

pll wrote:

I'm with my girlfriend since about a year and we sometimes have been 2-3 months without sex and we were both living well with this.

It's up to each couple.
Da Rossa
Yeah, I agree that nowadays it's very difficult to have a relationship without sex. It's become a fundamental part in peoples lives.

But it was not supposed to be that way. Relationships are about love, not sex itself. Sex is a component, not the core. People should be able to love without sex. Not saying anyone must do it. But do a test: stay one month without it. Or even six months. If your relationship survives, then it's a good indicator you really love each other. But, still, it's not everything.
Mrs Lycos
The title of this post was "sex can destroy a relationship". If we're talking about a sentimental relationship (not a friend relationship), it comes naturally that the couple want to be closer and intimate, so sex is a part of the relationship, and sex can't "destroy" it in any way.

It may be true that the importance for becoming more intimate can be regarded in different ways in the couple, so that can be a problem, and not agreeing on this may cause a break-up. I think if we're talking about a couple, dialog is (should be) fluid, and this issue should be talked over before (if) it becomes a real problem.
codersfriend
It is best if you do sex after marriage. . yOu'll notice that most guys who do premarital sex don't last long because there comes a point that if you've done sex before, you'll not find this valuable anymore
Hexes
codersfriend wrote:
It is best if you do sex after marriage. . yOu'll notice that most guys who do premarital sex don't last long because there comes a point that if you've done sex before, you'll not find this valuable anymore

I have to disagree with this statement. I'm not saying that premarital sex is good or bad but we can't generalize. Everything depends on cultural and local traditions.
In my opinion people should know each other well from all sides. People with completely different temperaments probably won't be happy with each other. From my experience couples who had sex before marriage are as happy as those who don't.
answernote
jonashendrickx wrote:
Well there are women who like sex and there are those who don't. I think it is important you understand eachother before you have sex. I've met women who do not liked it at all while there were others who wanted to do it all the time figuratively speaking.

But a relationship can't live without sex. I think the best part about it is that you feel as one. It is something you cannot have with someone else at the same time or period of time in theory. Because otherwise its called cheating.

Some have sex because they just want to others want to have sex to show their love. Well that's a big difference.

Which one are you?

Do you know sexless marriage can also lead to breakup? there is different between making love and having sex. i think most of us only have sex and not making love.
Afaceinthematrix
codersfriend wrote:

Are you able to provide a shred of evidence for your claim?
Coen
I think you should distinguish sex out of pure lust and sex because you love someone. I agree that in the case of the latter it is most likely to be a natural occurrence in any relationship (obviously there will be exceptions) and as such sex cannot destroy the relationship in any way. To me, it is only natural that you want to be closer to the one you love, and sex is one way to be.

Then there is sex out of lust. And while that can also serve its purpose I can see how it is possible for that type of sex to destroy a relationship between say good friends if they would be having sex purely out of lust.

A sexual relationship works best if there is love involved, in my opinion. However, that does not mean that it is required.
codersfriend
ok so what if you had sex before marriage then you just broke up before even getting married.. it leaves scars afterwards.. It's even hard to think that you used to be sleeping with her before but now no longer..
Coen
codersfriend wrote:
ok so what if you had sex before marriage then you just broke up before even getting married.. it leaves scars afterwards.. It's even hard to think that you used to be sleeping with her before but now no longer..

I am in that exact position right now and to be honest I do not feel any of the scarring you are mentioning. In a healthy relationship, sex is usually a way to be intimate and that intimacy I shall always cherish. There is no such scar.

In general, the thought of having had sex with someone does not have to be emotionally troubling at all either. As I already said in both this post and my previous one, sex can be a way to strengthen your relationship, to get to know the other person better and to strengthen the bond that is already there. If viewed in such a way, sex before marriage is perfectly acceptable in my eyes. Breaking up is always difficult, but having had sex does not necessarily make it worse.
forsen
I you not give your girlfriend sex she have sex with other guys
jilbs
forsen wrote:
I you not give your girlfriend sex she have sex with other guys

well, if your girlfriend does that, you have to think and get a new girlfriend.
TheGremlyn
I do believe sex is the sign of a healthy relationship. There are indeed some differences: I like sex but I don't think it is the 'be all and end all'. I want other things in a relationship. I've come across some guys and hear them talk about how they want it all the time. Sometimes that's because they just want to feel good and other times it's because they want that closeness with their partner.

Sex is an important thing to me and I value you what it stands for (to me, that is). I feel closer to my partner and I'm placing a high degree of trust into my partner hoping that they won't hurt me or betray me. They're the one I want to be with and that's what I feel I'm saying when it comes to sex.
donoob88
i heard someone that he and her wife seperated to each other. why? his husband said that he is so busy, that he don't sex to her wife a long time, that maybe the reason (well for him)
well, me, i wanted to have a loving time with my girl, ofcourse if she doesn't want, then i will not force her, i will just make sure that we enjoy it when we doing it Very Happy Wink

there are a few people that don't like it
there are those who can't live without
there are couples who don't like the same music, but can bear each others songs
and there are those who cant...

i'm being quite lucky because my girl loves it as much as i do

i don't think there is something wrong in ending a relationship because you and your partner are not sexually compatible, it would be wrong to be with someone while suffering for the lack of or forcing them into having sex with you, as much as it would be wrong having a sexless relationship just to not be single.

i need sex as much as i need to have fun, eat well, see the people i love, those are all things i share with my beloved girlfriend , and i for me sex is as much as sharing feeling and having fun as the former activities. as a couple we talk about sex, we laught abbout and during sex, and we are curios about sex.
we both know how much sex we want and we talk about it took.

for me sex can't destroy a relationship, lack of communication, lack of sincerity can.
also some people fool themselves into relationship that won't work.
AlboOne
It's up to each couple... I have a friend from Turkey whose girlfriend wants to wait for the 'first act' till they get married... She's turkish too, mentality....

And others, who can't live without sex
DesquisiadoMoral
It's important or vital in a relationship.
Think attraction came from instinct of reproduction, sex is implicit to that. Rhythm can vary a lot (Some prefer daily, weekly, monthly) but it's necessary we are slaves of instinct.
johans
for me sex is just an add-on or spice with our life.. that true, we cannot live without sex.. sex is natural even animals, plants and living things have sex to reproduce to have live in earth...

we can see at the backend how genius is God, all we have done today is in Gods creation including technology of course SEX also.

Very Happy
jewelrydesign
Actually its totally depend upon the people and somebody takes sex and somebody think feeling and romance. The person think romance as sex their relation will be disturb otherwise many of them happy after good romance.
andro_king
people first have to be focused on what they want from their partner.. thats either love or lust.. there are lot of difference between making love and having sex.. if u wish it only for sex then the relationship is destroyed.. if u want to move on our relationship furthur make love not sex alone.. it takes time for every person to learn this.. every first love teaches you a lesson..! you have to decide it..!!
Coen
Actually relationships that are purely about sex can function just fine on their own in theory. If both partners are very clear about the fact that it is just about sex there is no reason why it could not work. The problem is that it is never just about sex (or hardly every anyway), and as soon as feelings come in the relationships centered mainly around sex begin to experience problems.
rogue_skydragon
Sex is absolutely necessary for a real relationship to work. We are all sexual beings to some degree, and without sex, we cannot function, we cannot progress, and we cannot proliferate.
Da Rossa
rogue_skydragon wrote:
Sex is absolutely necessary for a real relationship to work. We are all sexual beings to some degree, and without sex, we cannot function, we cannot progress, and we cannot proliferate.

I must say I, in the deep, disagree. There are couples which are handicapped and still love each other. How to explain that?
enilsoncba
Sex should be completely done with love, and when to differentiate this, the couple should seek help.
There is a word used in the Bible that specifically refers to premarital sex. The Bible undeniably condemns adultery and sexual immorality, but is sex before marriage considered sexually immoral? According to 1 Corinthians 7:2, "yes" the answer is clear: "but, to avoid fornication, let every man have his own wife and each woman her own husband." In this verse, Paul declares that marriage is the "cure" for sexual immorality. First Corinthians 7:2 is essentially saying that because people can not control themselves and so many are having immoral sex outside of marriage, they should marry. Only then can satisfy their passions in a moral.
apple
D'Artagnan wrote:
Sex is like music

there are a few people that don't like it
there are those who can't live without
there are couples who don't like the same music, but can bear each others songs
and there are those who cant...

for me sex can't destroy a relationship, lack of communication, lack of sincerity can.
also some people fool themselves into relationship that won't work.

Let me begin by saying that, sex is great!

There are many who have sex only for procreation.
Those who have sex as a means of recreation.
Then there are those who do not engage in sexual acts at all, Asexual.

It is true that not being compatible sexually can bring strain and therefore lead to ending the relationship. That will not and cannot happen, if those involved have good communication. Not saying that if you have good communication your relationship will never end, cause, well, relationships do end sometimes.

The first step is communication, if you and your partner decide to wait, then good for you. If you want to wait and your partner does not, I hope you're talking about it, honestly.
linux1993
I can't agree with you any more .in some cases in principle, girls must handle them carefully. Or they would regret what they do before
inuyasha
That depends on the age, I think. Shocked I can't imagine two junior high school students should fall in love with each other and thus have sex. Personally speaking, their love should be more simple and innocent.

Well, frihosters are mostly adults anyway~ Very Happy That's just a personal choice whether to have sex before marrige or not.

After all, I agree with you that sex may destroy a relationship, especially when they are just impetuous. Or.... Do you mean "ripe", but not "sex"?
crazygirlblue
My X is all about sex i show we show our love and if he doesnt get it like everyday...theres somethign wrong! me its the little things....i work two jobs im tired you were at home while i worked my second job.,.did u help clean or do i have to do it? do i have to ask u to help me fold laundty... ya know help me out..the happier i am.. the happier i am the more i want ot have sex cuz im not soo tired and stressed!..i love sex dont get me wrong...but I am a person where u ant force me u cant b all i want it and come get it..no no no....its all about the flirst and the foreplay for me...so remember that men!
90dota
Everything happened in accordance with its natural tendency.
So, take it easy and go with the flow...
Insanity
It can destroy a relationship, but more times than not, it does not. In fact, it probably helps enrich the relationship more than it helps destroy it. I don't know any relationships that have ended over sex.
SpawnCP
Relationships don't are based only on sex . Are about your feelings , your emotions & your actions . If one from the couple isn't ready for something don't do it.. Or if want and don't know how to do .. teach him/her ! Cool
Webfunzone
I see different people has different opinions . Me , I am married .I am not pro premarital sex , but I did not condemn those who are doing it . And you know why ? Because sometimes young people marry before having sex , they love each other very much ... but after marriage something goes wrong ... they are not getting what they were expecting , they became very distant and soon they divorce or separate .
So in my opinion the lack of sex can destroy a relationship , the sex just can approve a relationship if is consensual .
loveandormoney
Quote:
but after marriage something goes wrong

What is going wrong? Is sex the problem or the job or are the relationships the problem?
johannespilz
pll wrote:

It's up to each couple.

but why are u together t han? why isnt she your best friend then? comon, a relation is about sex, about building tension, releasing it, getting feedback, feeling the others energy. we are made for sex, its our drive. man need the female energy. and even more, sex is a kind of meditation. it helps you to shut up your mind and to experience the moment. its like the best boost u can give your body if you have a stressfull life, if u feel out of balance. cause u need it to be grounded.
loveandormoney
Quote:

a relation is about sex, about building tension,

Good morning
Tension
is a good expression.
What tension do You mean.
Is tension good or bad for a relationship?
Are there different kinds of tension?
Does divorce happen, when two people are bored and there is no tension?
albiemer
pll wrote:

It's up to each couple.

Sex is the gift for the couple but, ithink i can't live without sex"
loveandormoney
jonashendrickx wrote:

Which one are you?

Sorry
this is totally wrong:

Well there are women who like sex and there are those who don't

If You want to talk about
most times boys dont like sex but like talk about sex.
johannespilz
loveandormoney wrote:
jonashendrickx wrote:

Which one are you?

Sorry
this is totally wrong:

Well there are women who like sex and there are those who don't

If You want to talk about
most times boys dont like sex but like talk about sex.

i think there are simply girls who dont want to have sex with the guy that is there at the moment. ALL girls like sex and want it cause we are animals and we want toreproduce.
if a girl doesnt like sex with you she is simply not attracted enough. and in relationships i would reconsider if it is really working. same with the situation if u dont like sex with a girl. than u are not attracted (or distracted by other really important things) but if sex with the girl is good and fullfills your needs and desires u will always want it. and if u dont because it got boring and the same old same old than u got the answer as well: look for new experiences or a change, fire it up a little bit
loveandormoney
Quote:

i think there are simply girls who dont want to have sex with the guy that is there at the moment. ALL girls like sex and want it cause we are animals and we want toreproduce.
if a girl doesnt like sex with you she is simply not attracted enough. and in relationships i would reconsider if it is really working. same with the situation if u dont like sex with a girl. than u are not attracted (or distracted by other really important things) but if sex with the girl is good and fullfills your needs and desires u will always want it. and if u dont because it got boring and the same old same old than u got the answer as well: look for new experiences or a change, fire it up a little bit

"i think there are simply girls who dont want to have sex with the guy that is there at the moment."
Are women machines.
So what is real life saying?
We are visiting a class with 20 students, girls and boys, age same 21 years?
Who is now jumping from bed to bed without cloth?
Some girls?
Some boys?
Just for fun?
Or do they do some special things before they throw the cloth away.

Is paradise
we all fly on airplane. Then crash down and every girl is with one boy on one island.
And there is no chance for both to escape. No jealous and only fun?

"ALL girls like sex and want it cause we are animals and we want toreproduce. "
Are big towns in the world like sexmachines. Wow.

"if a girl doesnt like sex with you she is simply not attracted enough."
I forgot,
here is the big hunting.
So do You really think, a woman is accepting a man, let him in her bed, and then 50 years, she does want Sex with him.

Did You often see relationships like this?

"and in relationships i would reconsider if it is really working."
Experience?

"same with the situation if u dont like sex with a girl."
Why?

"than u are not attracted (or distracted by other really important things) but if sex with the girl is good and fullfills your needs and desires u will always want it."
Life is a show?

"and if u dont because it got boring and the same old same old than u got the answer as well: look for new experiences or a change, fire it up a little bit"
How about fire themselves up? Every moring before wake up darling.

Regards
loveandormoney
Then

let us talk how Sex is saving relationships.
AtifJamalAnsari
mengshi200 wrote:
Yes,totally agreed!Love is more important than sex.

pll wrote:

It's up to each couple.
It acts like a nourishment to your relationship, having sex is good for mind, soul & body too. Avoiding it can cause broken marriages.
loveandormoney
This is true.
Sex is healthy.
Best do it in the morning
then Your job is more relaxed.
Doordate
Good sex come with a great friendship and understanding. No rush
StriderVM
Anything can be used to ruin something. Sex is not an exception for that.

So in that perspective. Sex is not required for love. But it can be used to enhance love.
loveandormoney
Doordate wrote:
Good sex come with a great friendship and understanding. No rush

Yes.

Sex is fun.

Sex is pleasure.

Sex is happiness.

Sex is healthy.

It is better than to eat money.

Do it.
jajarvin
If you are not in love with someone, sex usually destroys your relationship.
loveandormoney
jajarvin wrote:

This is right.
When You go to the brothel, afterwards You are sick.
Men like it without condom.
johans
for me sex cannot destroy relationship? In fact that makes you closer to each other. Except if you have sex with other and you have a relationship with someone. Then, I can say sex can destroy a relationship.

I guess the title of this topic is some what not clear or shortcut way.

That is only my opinion. hehehe

I saw some of the positive response and i guess we all understand from it.
codersfriend
Well I guess that's just part of our basic needs
figola
it is part of love and life,let do it decently.
loveandormoney
johans wrote:
for me sex cannot destroy relationship? In fact that makes you closer to each other. Except if you have sex with other and you have a relationship with someone. Then, I can say sex can destroy a relationship.

I guess the title of this topic is some what not clear or shortcut way.

That is only my opinion. hehehe

I saw some of the positive response and i guess we all understand from it.

Sex maikes happy.

So I started a thread

Sex pest or happiness.
50 users read it. No answers. Do they not have experience?

Then do it today
it is a wrong rumour to start sex at an age with 80 years should make relax.
hanshenkerman
Sex can be both related to love and lust. Why should anyone have to choose between them? Both can co-exist simultaneously.
Da Rossa
I beg to differ. A relation will either be lust or love. They can look alike very much from the outer perspective, but lust is actually void in essence. Its just a momentary joy.
PITKES1
i am for having sex after marriage... its not because only i am christian but i see a lsot of positive effects... first you should get to know with your partner and then you can have sex and things like this... virginity is like kind of present
Da Rossa
I can understand that. And I know many people won't. Congratulations PITKES1!
Blummer
Not too sure about, but there is some truth in such statements. But it still depends on the deeper level of relationships.
SpaceInvader75
loveandormoney wrote:
jajarvin wrote:

This is right.
When You go to the brothel, afterwards You are sick.
Men like it without condom.

I don't usually pay for sex, and I don't think you should have to, but I see nothing wrong with it either.
If I did go to a brothel, I bet I would be smiling when I leave. Smile
loveandormoney
hanshenkerman wrote:
Sex can be both related to love and lust. Why should anyone have to choose between them? Both can co-exist simultaneously.

How do You make Sex without love? With a tv machine?

There are many things in the world
existing
violence
drugs
divorce

Many people like that. But You do not have to do it.
tonberry
Umm so you write a topic and then write a message that addresses 10 different subjects, but not the one in the topic ;P
loveandormoney
Sex can destroy a relationship
TOPIC

This is
when they use violence.

If You are 12 years old
then You ll think this is crazy.

But no.
There are studies that humans at the age of 15-17 years old
60% have the experience of violence during the first sx action.

I say: Violence is bad.
What is Your opinion?