FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

use of Honey

mshafiq
honey natural source of carbohydrates which provide strength and energy to our bodies,.
we can use honey as sweetener,As it contains about 69% glucose and fructose enabling it to be used as a sweetener.
honey is great source of energy.honey boost the performance, endurance and reduce muscle fatigue
honey has also been found to keep levels of blood sugar fairly constant
The glucose in honey is absorbed by the body quickly and gives an immediate energy boost, while the fructose is absorbed more slowly providing sustained energy.It is very big health benefit for diabetic patient.
honey can be used in Weight Loss. Though honey has more calories than sugar,if we take honey with warm water helps in digesting the fat stored in our body. Similarly honey and lemon juice and honey and cinnamon help in reducing weight.

Honey has a Antibacterial and Antifungal Properties. so it can be used as a natural antiseptic.

honey with Milk can be used in skin care.
there are lots of benefits of honey. it ia very good in every respect. i am using honey daily in milk
lovescience
I read an article about this here:

http://www.ivillage.com/honey-it-safe-during-pregnancy/6-n-145722
menino
Honey is good for just about anybody.

I don't think anyone is alergic to honey, unless its in a beehive, and your trying to take it from there directly, without wearing appropriate protection. Laughing

I think too much honey though will be bad, as goes with anything for that matter.
shopperpk
Honey if you can get in pure form is a treatment for many kind of problems and it has no side effects in any age of people. It is available almost every home for sweet dish and for normal use.
deanhills
Not all honey is equal to the other. One can also taste the difference. So it is recommended to do research carefully before one buys honey. I do believe that honey is very good for a person, in small quantities. One remedy is to have a teaspoon of honey in warm water first thing every morning. There is one honey that is highly recommended for its anti-bacterial activity. Manuka Honey. Here is more information about it:
http://bio.waikato.ac.nz/honey/special.shtml
menino
I agree with deanhills that not honey is alike.
Certain honey has certain properties, for different effects.

I believe fresh honey is more effective than honey from jars in supermarkets. I'm not sure if the honey from jars are processed, as they show an expiration date, and real honey does not expire, as far as I know.
deanhills
I'd say most of the honey we find in supermarkets have been pasteurized. There may be some exceptions in health food stores, but the healthier honey would probably be the one that has been processed as little as possible.

Honey may also not be good for everyone, particularly those who are sensitive to sugar and high carbohydrates. And is probably only good in really small doses. Like a teaspoon at a time. Quite a number of my colleagues from Kerala in India get honey from a very special place through subscription and use a teaspoon of it in luke warm water first thing in the morning. They say it has great health benefits for them.
Conroy
I love to eat the honey because in my opinion their is nothing in this world that is delicious as honey. Its not just delicious its a healthy natural food its the only that will not spoil with the passage of time and.