FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

How much money you spend to pay internet charge for a month?

vongoladecimo
How much money you spend to pay internet charge for a month? and tell what it's your contry.

I spend about 5$ a month with 128kbps. I'm From Indonesia
Nameless
I spend an undetermined amount of dollars between 0 and 145 for a speed that varies and I haven't seriously tested, as my internet connection is under my landlord's control and comes with the rent of my (Australian) room.

/I'm helping! Razz
k_s_baskar
here the minium rates are as follows
256 unlimited usage - $6
2mbps unlimited - $18
(Currency conversion made @ Rs.50 INR = $1)
chasbeen
I spend a lot as I have an extremely high hit rate on my site and my supplier costs are incereasing.

If only there were more like frihost. Good people like Frihost / Robin Hood who take from the rich and give to the poor.
Gitesh
SO i am the one using cheapest internet plan it seems.,
I pay around INR 100 / less than 2 $ per month for my internet browsing.
though i dont download much. most of the movies i get are circulated through my friends circle via external harddisks. My surfing speed is pretty fast though. I am on TATA DOCOMO network in Pune, INDIA.
ankurthakur
I pay 700 INR per month ~ 13$

I have Airtel broadband with 512 KBPS plan, but I usually get 2 MBPS (unknowingly Razz) and the speed goes down to 256 KBPS after usage of 6 GB.
Peterssidan
I pay 150 SEK (~22 USD) per month. The fee is paid together with the renting fee and we have to pay for it even if you don't use it so I normally just see it as part of my renting fee. The fee is for both Internet access and cable TV (I don't have a TV).

They say the speed is 1000 Mbit/s but I have not noticed any difference since they changed from 100 Mbit/s. I live in a student apartment so in a normal living the same speed would probably cost more.
johans
based on your price per month seems like you got low cost of internet offered by your ISP (Internet Service Provider). that is good..

I have a high cost of payment with my internet service provider and very slow speed.. i paid $1.27 per usage everyday.. and my connectivity is wireless 3G/HSDPA. very slow.
deanhills
The cost for Internet in the UAE is very high, and I'm not even sure I'm getting the speed I thought I would be getting. I'm not complaining however. Could probably be much worse too.
k_s_baskar
Gitesh wrote:
SO i am the one using cheapest internet plan it seems.,
I pay around INR 100 / less than 2 $ per month for my internet browsing.
though i dont download much. most of the movies i get are circulated through my friends circle via external harddisks. My surfing speed is pretty fast though. I am on TATA DOCOMO network in Pune, INDIA.

Using GSM to connect ?
luciferfawkes
It's crazy learning about the prices and plans out there from all over the world.

My internet is around $50-60 a month, I believe it's up to 15Mbps and I live in the United States. We have 4 computers hooked up as well our TV to watch shows and what not all at blazing speed.
mukesh
My about 200 or 300 Indian rupees per month.
johans
Quote:
It's crazy learning about the prices and plans out there from all over the world.

i just realized how expensive my connectivity compared with other countries.. [/quote]
metalfreek
I am using 192 kbps ADSL connection and it costs me about $12 per month.

384 kbps connection cost around $20.

BTW I am from Nepal.
SpitsBeaT
About SGD45 for me, that's around US$30+?
From speedtest:
rjraaz
ankurthakur wrote:
I pay 700 INR per month ~ 13$

I have Airtel broadband with 512 KBPS plan, but I usually get 2 MBPS (unknowingly Razz) and the speed goes down to 256 KBPS after usage of 6 GB.

Actually you get 2MBPS speed not of any unknown reason, you are plan is "Alpha 6 GB (Airtel/DL/FL/002)" in which you get 2MBPS speed upto 6GB transfer may be upload or download after that speed reduced to 256KBPS.
FlashBlitz
I spend about 330,000 IDR or about 36 USD for 1 Mbps - Unlimited bandwidth
Also from that package also include a HomeCable.

I'm from Indonesia too
johans
right now i used prepaid to make more economical and i just used it as needed.. i did not spent more time on internet as of today so much better if i just use a prepaid connectivity and anywhere i can access.

but sometimes the speed is not constant...
chatrack
Hi,

I used to spend Rs.48 for my gprs internet on my mobile every month. This is a slow connection still it is unlimited

Now I have Broadband BSNL, unlimited plan. But the charges is more Rs.650 per month.
cybersa
My Dad spending 13USD for 512kbs per month.
Before this month i spent only 2$ for 10KB.
This month upgrade my Internet connection to broadband.
rjraaz
cybersa wrote:
Before this month i spent only 2$ for 10KB.

10KB Question Is that download-Upload limit, if so that means it is most expensive connection. As Google's search engine homepage (without any search query) is of around 200KBs, which did cost you of around 40$.
Quote:
Am i right or Am i right!
So how was it possible that you spent only 2$ last month, if you had such highly expensive data plan or connection.

May we know the name of that ISP?
cybersa
Sorry i forgot to mention.
It is the speed. 10KB/S
Around 2USD.
hunnyhiteshseth
Thirteen posts out of Twenty-two are from Asia. Interesting.

Anyway, coming to the topic mine is 512kbps unlimited at approximately 11$ per month.
Ankhanu
I spend $50+tx/mo for 5 Mbps down, 1 Mbps up cable internet; this package: http://eastlink.ca/Internet/Internet5.aspx
ajewab
$20 1gbps , unlimited
hunnyhiteshseth
ajewab wrote:
$20 1gbps , unlimited

I assume you mean 1Mbps ?
Robert_Redbeard
I am lucky enough to get my internet free. The Motel that I stay at has internet as part of the rent.

Cable and utilities are also all included. Leaves me less stuff that i have to figure out and keep track of in life. Work and my projects are enough for me to worry about.

Cool
Ghost900
We pay about $26 dollars a month for our internet, this however is a little chaeper do to the fact is abundle discount. For that we get about 1.5Mbps connection.

For most uses it is fast enough though for Hulu and other viseos it can be a little slow to enjoy the video at full details.

Robert_Redbeard, you live in a motel at the moment? Isn't that kind of expensive?
pll
I pay about $100 a month (Canadian money) for my telecoms services.

But it includes :
- Internet (with a 15 Gigabits Upload & Download) per month
- Phone service bundle (landline) with unlimited long distance in my province
-TV service with about 15 HD channels
-Cell phone service (base usage)

So we can say that my internet is costing me about $20-30 dollars per month for a 15 Gigabit Upload & Download. Cool
Robert_Redbeard
Ghost900 wrote:

Robert_Redbeard, you live in a motel at the moment? Isn't that kind of expensive?

It isn't to bad. With everything included, it is actually a little less than I would be paying for an apartment. And there is no lease to break. I can pack up and leave any time the whim takes me, with no losses.

I do get a discount though. Since I pay monthly.
Navigator
pay 50 bucks for internet + tv + phone, the internet is a 4mb line.
sudipbanerjee
Actually I don't have any internet connection in my home. I use internet in office. So there are no money spending on my behalf for internet connection.
spinout
i live in the country and there is just one ISP...

350 SEK (45 USD) a month is the fee for 24 mbit adsl.
amagard
Currently in Germany I pay 35,00 ( = 45 USD ) for 16 Mbps per month, unlimited bandwidth and including nation-wide flat phone rate. Just got a new offering this week from Deutsche Telekom: 30,00.
SpitsBeaT
There are currently new fibre optics Internet in my country, I think it's some 100mbps. They'll be moving on to 1gbps in a couple of years time, but it's gonna be costly as hell Sad