FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Is GoDaddy the cheapest?

tingkagol
I just noticed that Godaddy is a pretty cheap domain name provider. I checked some domains at networksolutions.com and those guys charge 3 to 4 times more than the normal Godaddy going rate.

Why is this?

Also, is Godaddy the cheapest or are there cheaper alternatives out there?
truespeed
namecheap.com seems to compare well.
dude_xyx
truespeed wrote:
namecheap.com seems to compare well.

Service wise namecheap is very good. Even maybe better than Godaddy. But price wise Godaddy is the best. You can get a .com for around 5$ and there are 1$ promo code at least once a two months. I don't know anywhere else you can get top level domains for cheaper prices.
deanhills
Isn't there a catch here though - one may pay 5 US$ year one, and the next year it is 10 or more?
dude_xyx
deanhills wrote:
Isn't there a catch here though - one may pay 5 US$ year one, and the next year it is 10 or more?

Godaddy - first year 5$ (with promo) then from second year 8$ (with promo)

Other Domain registrars - first year 9$ (at least) then from second year 9$ (at least)

Go figure ....
mml_
GoDaddy really looks like one of the cheapest. However if you add things others (such hover.com) are giving as part of the price (e.g. privacy in WHOis register), dodaddy is just reasonably priced. Mailbox costs in godaddy are also similar to main competitors.
dude_xyx
Godaddy gives a free mail with every domain you register. Kinda good also they have bunch of nice free stuff.
ankur209
Well,for me Godaddy is a bit costly. have seen its plan and they are quite costlier.

I know a web service provider www.2gbhosting.com who gives you TLD at lower prices.I am using two .com[dot com] and both are from the ame hosting service.

For one year they charge you ₹450 for the domain registration and approx ₹845 for webspace of 200GB ! Razz

Isn't that cool plus any more features ! Wink
deanhills
ankur209 wrote:
I know a web service provider www.2gbhosting.com who gives you TLD at lower prices.I am using two .com[dot com] and both are from the ame hosting service.

For one year they charge you ₹450 for the domain registration and approx ₹845 for webspace of 200GB ! Razz

I'm curious. How long have you been with this service? And how reliable has it been? Usually when I see "limitless" I always get suspicious.
belltown
I registered a domain name with GoDaddy. All I wanted was the domain name without the added extras they try to charge for. When the domain name came up for renewal somehow they added back in some of the extras that I decided I didn't want. I caught the error and was able to get the charges removed. So, be careful if you use GoDaddy to check that they only charge you for your intended purchase.
dude_xyx
belltown wrote:
I registered a domain name with GoDaddy. All I wanted was the domain name without the added extras they try to charge for. When the domain name came up for renewal somehow they added back in some of the extras that I decided I didn't want. I caught the error and was able to get the charges removed. So, be careful if you use GoDaddy to check that they only charge you for your intended purchase.

I have used Godaddy for around 8 years and never happened to me before. This might have happened if you had used a promo code which is made couple of specific services or you forgot to un select something. I remember there was a 1$ promo code for domains which adds Website tonight 3 months for free and you need to remove it at end of the 3 months of it would auto remove.
FunDa
ankur209 wrote:
Well,for me Godaddy is a bit costly. have seen its plan and they are quite costlier.

Rs 450 for domain registration is not actually cheap

Godaddy and Namecheap give offers for $5 which is actually coming to a maximum of Rs250 at the present very very very high exchange rate.

Too bad these Indian domain name registrars are taking the high dollar exchange rates when charging
Robert_Redbeard
I have used GoDaddy for several years now. I just re-registered my domains for two years and there was no diff in pricing. Plus with the mail and forwarding alone I think I get my monies worth.

As for hosting, I think I will be staying right here for the near future. Unless my site really takes off and I take up to much bandwidth. Then I will have to firgure something out. But I structured it so that anything that is bandwidth heavy is hosted on YouTube or another service. So I am hoping it works out to stay right here for hosting.
Ankhanu
deanhills wrote:

I've had ankhanupress.com registered for about 6 years with GoDaddy, it costs ~$10/yr. Can't remember if the first year was less or not.
futurcat
ankur209 wrote:

The reviews are really awful for this provider.
johans
Hello Guys,

I was reading the trends and seems like most of the response go for godaddy.

I just want to know if go daddy has no hidden charges of .com domain? because i see in yahoo the offers also $1.34 for first year and second year is $34.95.

How much the cost for godaddy for second year in domain?

I hope someone clarify this questions above..

Thanks.
FunDa
johans wrote:
Hello Guys,

I was reading the trends and seems like most of the response go for godaddy.

I just want to know if go daddy has no hidden charges of .com domain? because i see in yahoo the offers also $1.34 for first year and second year is $34.95.

How much the cost for godaddy for second year in domain?

I hope someone clarify this questions above..

Thanks.

GoDaddy was supporting SOPA (the internet law designed to shut down any website "suspected" of promoting piracy WITHOUT a court order)

megaUpload was shut down after they got a court order, so the MAFIAA (Movie And Film Industry Associates Agency) does not actually need SOPA or PIPA to do what they are legally entitled to do to protect "their artists'" copyright.

So avoid GoDaddy and find another reasonable domain registrar.

Most give a good offer for the first year (like maybe $5 or sometimes less) but generally later years is always around $10 for .com domains
zhybsc
goaddy is good. but you can visit other sites ,as luckyregister.com domian.com 1and1.com and so on

if you want the promo ,get it from www.domainpromocodes.com
good luck
johans
Indeed.. I found a lesson when buying my first domain... We must also consider the trust of the company. Google is also the best area to purchase a domain.
alimddine
Yes go for GoDaddy. Is the cheapest out here and you have good discounts. You can also find coupons and buy a very cheap domain like .com or .net or .org. I bought 2 domains for 7 dollars. 1 with 3 dollars and the another one with 4 dollars. I think its profitable because i saw domains with 10 dollars. Hope it helps.
Navigator
Never tried namescheap but GD has been good so far.
busaboss
Yes, at times goDaddy is really the cheapest. I searched the web for cheap domain name registrars and they really stand out. Also, I just found a coupon somewhere on others site wherein you can buy a top level domain for just 3 dollars. I hope that I helped.
menino
Godaddy is pretty reasonable with its prices of domains, but I've seen fluctuating prices from time to time, for the .com or .net or .org domains, but I guess that depends on its business.
Still at around $10/- a domain, its still cheap, and better to buy from a known registrar than some unknown ones, as they might close down, as I had with one hoster, but fortunately I got it free at the time.
kmr_mukund
i think bigrock.in is cheaper domain provider than godaddy.
johans
name cheap and go daddy are both good...
dude_xyx
johans wrote:
name cheap and go daddy are both good...

Yes they are both good but Namecheap doesn't have great offers like those Godaddy promotions.
andro_king
kmr_mukund wrote:
i think bigrock.in is cheaper domain provider than godaddy.

Bigrock.in is same as Godaddy.com