FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Closing an MSN Passport account ?

webbone
I was wondering if anyone knows if when you close an MSN Passport account (let's call it xxx@hotmail.com) and can no longer sign in to MSN Messenger, if all the people who had xxx@hotmail.com will still see xxx@hotmail.com on their contact lists? Or will it be deleted from there too?
NuniPio
if the account is inactive for a period of time, i think hotmail deletes it. if you have lost your password you can try recovering it from the secret question thing you shouldve done when resgistering. if all else fails just make an account with a different email host and get a .net passport from http://passport.net
Aelita
Yes hotmail will delete your account over a period of time 3 months If Im not mistaken, but the people who have you in there contact books it will remain until they figure out to delte you. hotmail cant go into people systems and do that kinda illegal. But they maybe able to delte from the internet accounts as they own those technically.
babumuchhala
No hotmail wont remove that xxx@hotmail.com from their Conatcts list. The reason it dosent know what contacts u have stored since it would be invasion of privacy.

As a matter of fact its the same with any email provider. They dont scan anything. Its your private data and cannot be touched.
gonzo
You really should have read the TOS prior to activating a passport account -- it NEVER really dies.
Aeolus
Passports are generaly more trouble than they are worth. I would reccomend circumeventing the aquesition of these if at all possible. They WILL continue to show up on the lists of others even once you have let them be for ages, and will haunt the computer of those unknowing of how to deleat it. I have had to help too many people get rid of the passport to enjoy its benefits.