FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

What happened with limewire and frostwire?

foumy6
I am just wondering what happened with limewire and frostwire. I heard that they have fianally been shut down, and if that is true, GOOD. Now there won't be so many people blindly downloading viruses. I have never used either of them, but I do know people that have, and many times gotten viruses from them. I am also wondering why it took so long I mean all the programs are used for is stealing music which is illegal in the first place. What do you know about them?
alvarorojas4
Limeware was closed the last year ( in 2010) don't know nothing about frostwire...
Peterssidan
LimeWire was stopped by a US court. It looks like FrostWire is still around. It seems like the critical thing was that they allowed you to search for torrents so new versions of FrostWire don't have that search feature. It's not really a problem because you can just search for torrents on google or some other torrent site.
Nameless
foumy6 wrote:
I am also wondering why it took so long I mean all the programs are used for is stealing music which is illegal in the first place.

The programs themselves were just methods of sharing files, and could be used for all kind of moral purposes (sharing your own personal artwork, easing the burden on a freeware game's server). AFAIK they basically weren't, but it's not the program that was at fault for that.